PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Game Creation - Urban Fantasy/Dark Fantasy

Dysart
2014-10-01, 06:01 PM
I've been working on an RP rule system using my favourite dice rolling system (D6) and my favourite type of fiction books (Urban Fantasy/Dark Fantasy).

When I initially thought about running a system that encompased things like Werewolves, Vampires, Fae and Spellcasters I initially thought of WoD of course. How ever I find WoD is not very heroic, and I play WoD a lot and find it can get bogged down in combat very easily and doesn't ever feel like "Hell yeah, I did that!"
How ever I do get that feeling when I used to play a modified version of the StarWars D6 (trimmed down and streamlined by guys who have been playing it for 20-30 years).

So I really want to encompass the movie/tv show feel and yet the dark almost scary tones of the book series I've read based around Werewolves/Vampires/Spellcasters/Fae.

What I've been doing is working on modifying the existing open D6 Modern rule system as it's so very flexible it can cover a large amount of creatures and concepts without locking the players into a "race/class" system like in DnD and other systems.

Why I'm posting is I'm looking for a few volunteers who maybe haven't played the D6 system before who would be willing to have a read of the material and let me know if it makes sense?
I've been writing and thinking about this system so much that I'm afraid what I've written to explain the system will leave holes of "Yeah but how does X work" and I'd really appreciate some feedback regarding this!

(P.S. - Please be gentle, this is my first topic here! Also I'm sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum.)

Zale
2014-10-01, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the forum!

You'll possibly get more responses if you pop over to the Homebrew section and post the system itself somehow.

On the actual topic though: I love reading game systems and urban fantasy, and as such would love to give feedback.

Dysart
2014-10-01, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the advice! Totally missed the Homebrew heading!

I've moved it over there, I'll post what I've got so far. VERY much a work in progress though.

Can a mod please lock/close this please as it's now a duplicate.