PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Tenebrous Apostate build calrification

Val666
2014-10-01, 07:33 PM
Hello everyone

This weekend im starting a new campaign with my first DM. I wanted to try a Binder "Necromancer" build. I got my idea from Xaktsaroth's build: Necrosis (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=13081297&postcount=2), but Bone Knight is not allowed here. So my build looks like this for the moment:

Binder 6/Ur Priest 2/Tenebrous Apostate 5/ X 7.

My questions:

1) How does Tenbrous turn/rebuke works exactly? I mean...Ur Priest have his rebuke attemps which are 3+Cha mod. So, Tenebrous give 1 extra turn attemp? once every 5 rounds?

2) Tenebrous Apostate have a requirement of having turn/rebuke undead as an ability. Does the Rebuke/Turn undead from Tenebrous the vestige counts toward this? Like...turn/rebuke is an ability right? Binding tenebrous which gives turns/rebukes is an ability too right? Im lost...

3) In another thread someone said something about this, Ur Priest are supposed to hate gods. Worship Tenebrous as a god would interfere with my build?? Like...Tenebrous is a dead god right? and Im technically drawing power from him??

4) Which prestige would be cool to continue the build???

Thanks have to go byeee!

paperarmor
2014-10-01, 07:45 PM
1. yup
2. Should since it is turn undead however until you hit ur-priest your dm may say you don't qualify for TA until the 5 rounds are up ymmv
3. In complete Divine under Ur-priest there is a dead god adapation that let's them worship Gods and thus it works with TA

4. I like Crusader and RKV in this because they're awesome.

Blackhawk748
2014-10-01, 07:50 PM
4 personally anything that advances Soul Binding or casting, since your already using Ur Priest progression im gonna recommend Knight of the Sacred Seal, sorta turns you into a Binder Fighter, and with your Ur Priest Magiks backing you up you will be one scary dude.

A Tad Insane
2014-10-01, 08:18 PM
You do know that Tenebrous' rebuking (the class feature from the apostate) means you can't control undead?

THEChanger
2014-10-01, 08:40 PM
You do know that Tenebrous' rebuking (the class feature from the apostate) means you can't control undead?

That...no. That is incorrect. Tenebrous's Rebuke gives an option that one's rebuke or turn attempt can use, much like the Sun Domain allows one to perform a Greater Turning if one desires, but does not prohibit you from using a regular Turning.

When you use the turn or rebuke undead ability granted by Tenebrous, your connection to your dark master allows you to channel the energy in a unique way. You can use a turn attempt to...

Even if one read that as altering the ability Binding Tenebrous gives you(which is not what can means), that still doesn't prevent you from using Rebuke attempts from another source(like, say, Ur Priest) to control Undead. It very specifically only affects the Turn or Rebuke Undead ability granted by the Vestige Tenebrous. So even if Tenebrous' Rebuke prevented one from controlling Undead via the granted ability of the Vestige, you've still got the 3+Cha attempts from Ur Priest to go to town.

nolongerchaos
2014-10-01, 09:10 PM
How are you getting 8 ranks in Spellcraft by level 6? It's a cross-class skill for Binders, so unless you're accounting for that somehow via race or unlisted feat, the most you can have is 4.5 ranks.

A Tad Insane
2014-10-01, 10:10 PM
That...no. That is incorrect. Tenebrous's Rebuke gives an option that one's rebuke or turn attempt can use, much like the Sun Domain allows one to perform a Greater Turning if one desires, but does not prohibit you from using a regular Turning.

Even if one read that as altering the ability Binding Tenebrous gives you(which is not what can means), that still doesn't prevent you from using Rebuke attempts from another source(like, say, Ur Priest) to control Undead. It very specifically only affects the Turn or Rebuke Undead ability granted by the Vestige Tenebrous. So even if Tenebrous' Rebuke prevented one from controlling Undead via the granted ability of the Vestige, you've still got the 3+Cha attempts from Ur Priest to go to town.

*double checks ToM* Ah, so it does, my mistake. I've gained some respect for this class now.

Xaktsaroth
2014-10-01, 11:16 PM
How are you getting 8 ranks in Spellcraft by level 6? It's a cross-class skill for Binders, so unless you're accounting for that somehow via race or unlisted feat, the most you can have is 4.5 ranks.

The darkness holds such interesting secrets. (http://dndtools.eu/feats/fiendish-codex-i-hordes-of-the-abyss--66/keeper-of-forbidden-lore--1711/)

:D

Everything else has been answered, but Sacred Fist as a finisher on Ur-Priest is fairly traditional.