PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Gunslinger Musket Master (Deadly Aim)

Snig
2014-10-01, 09:33 PM
I'm confused how Deadly Aim interacts with my Musket Masters attacks? Normally as long as I am in range i'm targeting my enemies touch AC, but if I choose to use deadly aim, do I no longer target touch AC?

grarrrg
2014-10-01, 10:16 PM
I'm confused how Deadly Aim interacts with my Musket Masters attacks? Normally as long as I am in range i'm targeting my enemies touch AC, but if I choose to use deadly aim, do I no longer target touch AC?

Firearms and Deadly Aim get along perfectly fine.
There is a difference between "touch attacks" (which are most often spells), and "Ranged Attack that just so happens to use Touch-AC within 1 range increment".

Snig
2014-10-01, 10:36 PM
Another quick question. As a musket master my range is 40ft.

It says "When firing an early firearm, the attack resolves against the target's touch AC when the target is within the first range increment of the weapon". Does this mean that I only target touch AC if i am attacking an enemy within that 40 feet? Or is it 80?

Sayt
2014-10-01, 10:44 PM
Within 40ft. The range descriptor of each weapon describes the limit of the first range increment.

grarrrg
2014-10-01, 10:45 PM
It says "When firing an early firearm, the attack resolves against the target's touch AC when the target is within the first range increment of the weapon". Does this mean that I only target touch AC if i am attacking an enemy within that 40 feet? Or is it 80?

Link (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/firearms)
Early Firearms can fire up to 5 Range Increments, each increment after the first adds a cumulative -2 To-Hit penalty. If shooting within the First Increment it targets Touch-AC instead of full/normal AC.
A Musket has a range value of 40ft. the First Range increment is everything up to this value. So you may target Touch-AC up to 40ft. away.
The absolute farthest you can shoot something is 5-times-40ft = 200ft. If anything is more than 200ft. away, you cannot shoot it.

Different weapons have different range increments, a Pistol has a Range Value of 20ft. Anything within 20ft. uses Touch-AC, maximum range is 100ft.

The Distance enchantment doubles your Range Value.
There are a couple (non-gunslinger) archetypes that let you target Touch-AC out another range increment.

Snig
2014-10-01, 10:52 PM
Another rule i'm trying to figure out is

Fast Musket (Ex) At 3rd level, as long as the musket master has 1 grit point, she can reload any two-handed firearm as if it were a one-handed firearm.

But I cannot find out what the difference is between loading a 2h firearm or a 1h one?

torrasque666
2014-10-01, 11:01 PM
2H firearms take a full round to reload. Rapid Reload drops it to standard. Alchemical Cartridges drop that to a move.
1H firearms take a standard to reload. Rapid Reload drops it to move. Alchemical Cartridges drop that to a free.

So the ability will let you reload a 2H firearm with rapid reload(said 2h firearm) and alchemical cartridges as a free action. Allows iterative attacks basically.

Pistol are more fun in my opinion to do iteratives though, due to my imagery of a guy carrying 20+ loaded flintlocks and firing them, dropping them, and grabbing a new one to repeat. Slowly build mountain of pistols.

But that's neither here nor there.

The following is the difference in loading between a 2h and a 1h firearm

Loading a Firearm: You need at least one hand free to load one-handed and two-handed firearms. In the case of two-handed firearms, you hold the weapon in one hand and load it with the other—you only need to hold it in two hands to aim and shoot the firearm. Loading siege firearms requires both hands, and one hand usually manipulates a large ramrod (which can be wielded as a club in combat). The Rapid Reload feat reduces the time required to load one-handed and two-handed firearms, but this feat does not reduce the time it takes to load siege firearms.Loading any firearm provokes attacks of opportunity. Other rules for loading a firearm depend on whether the firearm is an early firearm or an advanced firearm.
Early Firearms: Early firearms are muzzle-loaded, requiring bullets or pellets and black powder to be rammed down the muzzle. If an early firearm has multiple barrels, each barrel must be loaded separately. It is a standard action to load each barrel of a one-handed early firearm and a full-round action to load each barrel of a two-handed early firearm. It takes three full-round actions by one person to load a siege firearm. This can be reduced to two full-round actions if more than one person is loading the cannon.

Emphasis mine.

Snig
2014-10-01, 11:04 PM
Great, thanks alot guys. I'm well on my way to making my Gunslinger!!

Snig
2014-10-01, 11:21 PM
Sorry for all the questions guys. Could someone explain what the range of 5ft. means under the misfire heading?

Misfire
1–2 (5 ft.)

Aergoth
2014-10-01, 11:32 PM
Believe the 5ft describes a greater range when the weapon misfires, as per this: (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/firearms#TOC-Firearm-Rules)

If an early firearm with the broken condition misfires again, it explodes. When a nonmagical firearm explodes, the weapon is destroyed. Magical firearms are wrecked, which means they can’t fire until they are fully restored (which requires either the make whole spell or the Gunsmithing feat). When a gun explodes, pick one corner of your square—the explosion creates a burst from that point of origin. Each firearm has a burst size noted in parentheses after its misfire value. Any creature within this burst (including the firearm’s wielder) takes damage as if it had been hit by the weapon—a DC 12 Reflex save halves this damage.

PrincessCupcake
2014-10-01, 11:35 PM
If I recall correctly, that is how far off the shot you make is (assuming the gun doesn't jam on you).

Snig
2014-10-02, 04:23 PM
I have another question regarding Reloading. I understand that with rapid reload, fast musket and paper cartridges I can get my reload down to a free action. I'm trying to figure out how my time's i'd have to reload during my turn if say I used rapid fire? If I fire 4 times, do I have to reload 4 times and use 4 ammo?

aethel27
2014-10-02, 07:24 PM
gonna assume you mean rapid shot...since I cant find a rapid fire
you have to reload for each instance the weapon is fired so if you have rapid reload
and alchemical/paper cartridges you would reload as a free action for each attack

as a suggestion spend 300 gold when you have it to turn your battered musket into a masterwork musket it is allowed under the gunsmithing feat.
300 gold for a +1 to hit and allows you to enchant your gun or sell it :)
also once you have money make sure to spend time making your own ammo since you can do so for 10% the cost for regular and 1/2 for alchemical if you have 1 point in craft alchemy.