PDA

View Full Version : Master Thrower Tripping Twinks

Ardantis
2007-03-14, 02:20 PM
I'm curious about the following effects:

If a Master Thrower has the Palm Throw trick, allowing two tiny weapons (shurikens, darts) to be thrown with each attack roll, and the Master Thrower has the Trip Shot trick, does the opponent need to make two opposed checks to avoid being tripped for each attack?

If a Master Thrower has the Two with One Blow trick, allowing one thrown weapon (at a -4 to hit) to ricochet and strike two adjacent opponents with one attack roll, and the Master Thrower has the Trip Shot trick, does each opponent need to make an opposed check to avoid being tripped?

I'm basically envisioning a Master Thrower who can trip multiple enemies per round OR get iterative trip attempts per round, resulting in either tripped-up formations of troops or keeping one opponent pinned to the ground from range.

If Trip Shot doesn't stack the way I'm envisioning, I could always just take Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bola) and try to Two with One Blow using that.

Or, just Shot on the Run + Doubletoss trick + Bolas, that might also do the trick.

The craziest thing would be a Shot on the Run + Doubletoss trick + Palm Throw trick + Trip Shot with some shurikens, but that assumes that all these abilities stack at once.

Kel_Arath
2007-04-07, 09:03 PM
just one for the double toss, thought maybe a bonus (penalty for him). and i would vote you cant trip and bounce it. my two cp for that

crazedloon
2007-04-07, 09:08 PM
Based on the rules you can not use palm throw because trip shot is a special sort of attack in an attack action while palm throw is a normal modification to a normal attack. However you can attack a second target with a trip shot and two with one blow it just won give you a chance to trip the second person you will just be attacking them.

Aximili
2007-04-07, 09:13 PM
Double toss gives you two darts to one attack. Trip takes the place of a regular attack. So only one trip with double toss.