PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Power choice for Awakened Blade?

deuxhero
2014-10-02, 01:34 PM
I saw the Awakened Blade class and I liked it, but I really not that knowledgeable on Psionic gishing. What are good powers to pick and what ones are going being a lot of ML behind (I planned to enter with Zweihander Sentinel Bushi Warder 6/Psion 1 for easy maneuver recovery to pair with Hypercognitive Focus at character level 13 to feed counters)

Offensive/Defensive precognition are mandatory because of the class's requirements. I know Share Pain+Vigor with a psycrystal is a psi-gish staple as is Expansion (which isn't on the psion/wilder list so it requires Expanded Knowledge or Unlocked Talent). I was thinking of taking Egoist as a discipline to get access to (Minor) Metamorphosis (as the line can, mostly, replicate Expansion except the duration augment and I don't see standouts among the other disciplines for gishing).

Talents: Psionic Repair, Far Hand, Create Sound
1: Precognition: Offensive, Precognition: Defensive, Minor Metamorphosis
Large gap in learning
2: Vigor, ???
3: (level 2 powers open) Share Pain, Specified Energy Adaptation
4: Cleanse Body, Biofeedback (Not sure at all on these)
5: (level 3 powers open) Hustle, Metamorphosis
1 level gap in learning
6+: ??? (character level 14+)

Any suggestions? The build looks pretty feat heavy with all feats up to 9 or 11 spoken for (1: Power Attack 2b: Psionic Body 3:Psionic Meditation 5: Advanced Study (Fading Strike) 7: Advanced Study (Formless Dance). Either 9th level or the bonus feat from Awakened Blade at 11 is going to Psycrystal Affinity) but there is room to squeeze in some Expanded Knowledge at 9 and or 11 and beyond.

Feint's End
2014-10-02, 02:54 PM
I saw the Awakened Blade class and I liked it, but I really not that knowledgeable on Psionic gishing. What are good powers to pick and what ones are going being a lot of ML behind (I planned to enter with Zweihander Sentinel Bushi Warder 6/Psion 1 for easy maneuver recovery to pair with Hypercognitive Focus at character level 13 to feed counters)

Offensive/Defensive precognition are mandatory because of the class's requirements. I know Share Pain+Vigor with a psycrystal is a psi-gish staple as is Expansion (which isn't on the psion/wilder list so it requires Expanded Knowledge or Unlocked Talent). I was thinking of taking Egoist as a discipline to get access to (Minor) Metamorphosis (as the line can, mostly, replicate Expansion except the duration augment and I don't see standouts among the other disciplines for gishing).

Talents: Psionic Repair, Far Hand, Create Sound
1: Precognition: Offensive, Precognition: Defensive, Minor Metamorphosis
Large gap in learning
2: Vigor, ???
3: (level 2 powers open) Share Pain, Specified Energy Adaptation
4: Cleanse Body, Biofeedback (Not sure at all on these)
5: (level 3 powers open) Hustle, Metamorphosis
1 level gap in learning
6+: ??? (character level 14+)

Any suggestions? The build looks pretty feat heavy with all feats up to 9 or 11 spoken for (1: Power Attack 2b: Psionic Body 3:Psionic Meditation 5: Advanced Study (Fading Strike) 7: Advanced Study (Formless Dance). Either 9th level or the bonus feat from Awakened Blade at 11 is going to Psycrystal Affinity) but there is room to squeeze in some Expanded Knowledge at 9 and or 11 and beyond.

Power suggestions:

@1. Level powers:
-precognition offensive is bad but a must have
-precognition defensive and minor Metamorphosis are both great choices
-Vigor is of course a must have
- inevitable strike (great synergy with martial strikes

@2. Level
-share pain first
-specified energy adaption is a decent choice so you can go with it
-biofeedback is bad so pick one of the following instead: defy gravity (decent), concealing amorpha (this or the greater version), detect hostile intent (this is probably the best choice since it increases your overall utility)
-cleanse body is OK on a class reliant on stats so go with it

@3. Level:
-hustle is good so nothing wrong there
-Metamorphosis is just meh since it doesn't really add that many new options aside from more size increases so not the very best option but still decent
-time hop (don't use this on enemies but rather on allies and objects (like doors and important parts of bridges if you get the hint)) ...This one is just to good to not take and the best part is that there is no save or psires check involved making it equally good for gishes (more options are what you need most)
-you almost certainly want touchsight as your last power for better vision

hope those helped

Edit: forgot about the requirements .. Changed 1st level powers

Snowbluff
2014-10-02, 02:58 PM
Precognition is an insight bonus? Ergh, why is it a prereq?The Awakened Blade class stance is an insight bonus, and scale pretty well.

Sayt
2014-10-02, 03:45 PM
It's an opportunity cost for getting into the class. In other words, it's something you give up to get access to better things. it's also thematically appropriate, as Stance of the Inner Eye grows out of the precognitive abilities Awakened Blade grants you.

Battle Transformation and Psionic Lion's Charge are both very good, but you'd need to spend more feats on Expanded knowledge, so that might be a bit sticky.

deuxhero
2014-10-02, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Not really too set on (actually not set at all on any of them but the preqs) any of the ones I already put down (except precog obviously) just felt I should put down something to start with..