PDA

View Full Version : Need help creating the fastest level 3 character.

KindOfGoodGuy
2014-10-02, 05:56 PM
The very last thing i'm going to do before permanently retiring from a low level campaign ive been in for a long while is try to create a character who is unmatched in land speed by anyone else. The downside here is that he is level 3 but I'm fairly certain I can create something pretty stupid regardless.

So far I have 30 feet from being a human, 10 from a level as a barbarian, 10 from a level as a cleric of the travel domain, 10 from a level as an oracle (flames mystery (cinder dance revelation)), 15 from taking the Fleet feat 3 times, and 10 from the spell longstrider.

all in all this is 30+10+10+10+15+10=85 (75 as a base with a 10 enhancement).

Is there anything else I can look at for boosting my movement speed up higher? I'm aiming for 100 and i still have 3k gold unspent.

Also my whole combat strategy is revolved around charging as fast as I can and kicking everything in the face. How would I calculate the damage for that?

Belial_the_Leveler
2014-10-02, 07:06 PM
Scroll of Polymorph + Horseshoes of speed. :smalltongue:

KindOfGoodGuy
2014-10-02, 07:36 PM
Scroll of Polymorph + Horseshoes of speed. :smalltongue:

I like the idea, but isn't polymorph a spell that lasts for minutes? I know that POA can be permanent but thats too pricey.

Magma Armor0
2014-10-02, 07:47 PM
Quick Trait from UA grabs you another +10, at the cost of 1 HP per level.

2014-10-02, 07:57 PM
Firstly, is this only Pathfinder advice you're looking for? Because if not, Orcs are LA +0 with a base of 40ft; Humans get 30ft and a free feat, but this is still better.

KindOfGoodGuy
2014-10-02, 08:10 PM
Firstly, is this only Pathfinder advice you're looking for? Because if not, Orcs are LA +0 with a base of 40ft; Humans get 30ft and a free feat, but this is still better.

Yeah. Sorry for not stating that I was referring to PF.

KindOfGoodGuy
2014-10-02, 08:14 PM
Quick Trait from UA grabs you another +10, at the cost of 1 HP per level.

Could you provide a link to that? I'm having a bit of trouble finding where that is.

Rubik
2014-10-02, 08:24 PM
The rapid wrath weapon enhancement (Ghostwalk) doubles your speed for a very small cost. Boost your UMD, and you can add the horseshoes of speed item ability to your white-striped red sprint shoes (http://info.sonicretro.org/images/8/85/Sos09_artbook_p09.jpg). You just need to make a check as a free action 1/hour, and that's a cheap +30' enhancement bonus to your speed.

2014-10-02, 09:13 PM
Could you provide a link to that? I'm having a bit of trouble finding where that is.

Sorry to break it to you, but they're referring to the 3.5 Unearthed Arcana; it had some traits in it that were pretty useful, but it's not available for PF-pure games.

EDIT:

Also, you could change from Human to Elf: you give up the Fleet feat, but you can get the Fleet-Footed alternate racial feature, which grants +2 initiative and the Run feat. You're technically 5ft slower, but your run speed is faster.

KindOfGoodGuy
2014-10-02, 09:18 PM
Sorry to break it to you, but they're referring to the 3.5 Unearthed Arcana; it had some traits in it that were pretty useful, but it's not available for PF-pure games.

EDIT:

Also, you could change from Human to Elf: you give up the Fleet feat, but you can get the Fleet-Footed alternate racial feature, which grants +2 initiative and the Run feat. You're technically 5ft slower, but your run speed is faster.

Thanks for the tip!

KindOfGoodGuy
2014-10-02, 10:23 PM
Alright so after going over what I learned from you guys, I now have a character that when running, goes at about 45 MPH. Which is around 400 feet a round if I did my math correctly

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-10-02, 11:05 PM
The feat Fleet of Foot does not say it can be taken multiple times, nor that its effects stack if taken multiple times. Feats taken multiple times don't stack by default, that's why the ones that do stack have to say so. Fleet of Foot's most recent printing is in Complete Warrior, which requires the feat Run. The only version that doesn't have a feat prerequisite is in Player's Guide to Faerun, and it's a regional feat which means it can't be taken more than once regardless.

+10 Quick trait (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterTraits.htm#quick)
+10 Longstrider (Cleric 1, Travel domain)
+10 Celerity domain (Cleric 1)
+5 Wild template (+0 LA, Dragon 306)
+5 Fleet of Foot
+10, +10 Barbarian 1 and/or Oracle 1 and/or Infiltrator 1 (base class from the official D&D book Kingdoms of Kalamar Player's Guide (http://www.amazon.com/Players-Guide-Rulebook-Dungeons-Kingdoms/dp/1889182613/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412308593&sr=8-1&keywords=kingdoms+of+kalamar+player%27s+guide), officially updated to 3.5 (http://www.kenzerco.com/Orpg/kalamar/KPG2_classes.pdf))
=60, on top of whatever your base land speed is.

If you go with a Catfolk (RotW, +1 LA bought off (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/reducingLevelAdjustments.htm)) that's 40 ft. If you start as a Necropolitan Catfolk who was created by a necromancer with the Nimble Bones feat in LM, you get an additional +10 ft.

You could Wand of Alter Self into a Varag (MMIV) for a 60 ft. base land speed, but your Wild template would no longer apply.

Erth16
2014-10-03, 12:09 AM
The feat Fleet of Foot does not say it can be taken multiple times, nor that its effects stack if taken multiple times. Feats taken multiple times don't stack by default, that's why the ones that do stack have to say so. Fleet of Foot's most recent printing is in Complete Warrior, which requires the feat Run. The only version that doesn't have a feat prerequisite is in Player's Guide to Faerun, and it's a regional feat which means it can't be taken more than once regardless.

I believe PF only was requested, and the feat in question is Fleet, not Fleet of Foot.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/fleet---final

Also, Clerics get two domains, so exploration domain or Azata to also get expeditious retreat. I mean it's only for three minutes, but it is another 10 feet over Longstrider.