PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 3.5 Class Help, Full BaB and Bonus Feats if possible

sage20500
2014-10-02, 10:30 PM
So my DM just took a look at the character progression for the character I was getting ready to run, and after seeing that I was taking two levels in the Warrior base class from Unearthed Arcana has ruled that I'm not allowed to use it. Which has put me in a pickle because its my level 7th and level 8th levels I have. I need any base classes that if possible can give me a +1 Bab and a bonus feat if possible (The two bonus feats I'm loosing are Extra Rage and Blazing Berserker,) I could possibly take a level or two in a prc, although I'm not sure what I should go for. I've already taken two levels in the Commander variant of Fighter, so I can't technically use that, At 6th level I currently have a +5 BaB and a very good number of skills maxed out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stats are at level 4 13 Str, 19 Dex, 12 Con, 18 Int, 11 Wis, 23 Cha. House rules are that we get our feats at every even level. The Character itself is being focused on being an Unarmed Striking Intimidate Build.

So in short I need to replace my class's for levels 6 and 7, as well as the 2 levels of expert I'm taking at 11 and 12.

1st Level: Spirit Lion Totem City Brawler Barbarian Whirling Frenzy Rage Variant 1- (Grab Nymphs Kiss Feat) (Dreadful Wrath)
Pounce, Two Weapon Fighting, Improved Unarmed Strike,

2rd Level: Battle Dancer 1 (Versatile Unarmed Strike)

3nd Level: Commander 1 (Fighter Variant)
Power Attack,

4th Level: SwordSage 1 (Shadow Blade)
Improved Unarmed Strike

5th Level: Hexblade 1

6th Level: Commander 2 Imperious Command
Leadership,

7th Level: Warrior 1
Extra Rage,

8th Level: Warrior 2 Frozen Berserker
Blazing Berserker

9th Level: Frostrager 1

10th Level: Frostrager 2 (Snap Kick)

11th Level: Expert 1
Intimidating Rage

12th Level: Expert 2 Melee Weapon Mastery
Flying Kick,

13th Level: Frostrager 3

14th Level: Frostrager 4, (Leap Attack)

OldTrees1
2014-10-02, 10:38 PM
Both Psychic Warrior 2 and Martial Rogue 2 give 2 bonus feats and +1 BAB (but have bonus feat lists)
2 more levels of Commander gives 1 bonus feat and +2 BAB (but has a bonus feat list)

Human Paragon 2 gives 1 bonus feat and +1BAB

(your build would be easier to read, as per this question, if it only had the levels, classes and the feats)

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-10-02, 10:43 PM
"...a game master who desires to run a simpler campaign (while still allowing for character variety) can use these "generic" character classes in place of the standard character classes."
The Expert, Spellcaster, and Warrior generic classes were never intended to be available in any game that uses any other base classes, no sympathy.

Two flaws (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterFlaws.htm) (more here (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?258440-The-quot-Best-quot-Flaws#30)) gets you two extra feats.

Without full BAB, Psychic Warrior (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/classes/psychicWarrior.htm) and Feat Rogue (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#rogue) each give a bonus feat at each of their first two levels. Martial Monk from Dragon 310 also gives two bonus feats in its first two levels, which you don't have to meet the prerequisites for.

Moderate taint from Heroes of Horror gives you a bonus feat.

Certain feats (Extend Rage) can be gained via magic locations, most of which are detailed in Complete Scoundrel. You either gain it during play for time + risk or you pay gold and say your character accomplished it during his past adventures or behind the scenes during downtime instead of spending a feat on any of them.

You can hire an NPC spellcaster to use Embrace the Dark Chaos and Shun the Dark Chaos on you to turn any feat you have into any feat you currently qualify for, including racial bonus feats. Elves get four martial weapon proficiency feats. If you dip Monk you can use it on your redundant Improved Unarmed Strike. The list goes on.

There are plenty of ways to get feats.

sage20500
2014-10-02, 11:07 PM
I've already asked my dm about flaws and he's ruled them out as well as traits, I'll look into the Human paragon and martial monk and rogue, thanks for the ideas guys!

Firechanter
2014-10-03, 02:02 AM
The Mariner (Legend of the Twins) gives a bonus feat at 1st and every 5th level, off a list so you might need to shuffle a bit.

It also gets good BAB, Fort and Ref and 6 Skills per level, so it would be a good choice for level 1.

Edit: also, your progression has Improved Unarmed Strike twice.

Chronos
2014-10-03, 08:38 AM
I feel like I'm not in on the joke, here. If the goal is "full BAB class with bonus feats", isn't the answer kind of obvious? Why are we not considering the obvious solution?

Urpriest
2014-10-03, 08:45 AM
I feel like I'm not in on the joke, here. If the goal is "full BAB class with bonus feats", isn't the answer kind of obvious? Why are we not considering the obvious solution?

He's already got levels of Fighter earlier in the build.

(That said, unless the Commander Fighter loses the 4th level bonus feat, two more levels would at least pick up one feat.)

Also, you should make sure your DM is allowing you to keep Generic Expert in the build. He might think it's NPC Expert.

Fax Celestis
2014-10-03, 08:45 AM
Because he already has Fighter 2.

sage20500
2014-10-03, 01:23 PM
He's already got levels of Fighter earlier in the build.

(That said, unless the Commander Fighter loses the 4th level bonus feat, two more levels would at least pick up one feat.)

Also, you should make sure your DM is allowing you to keep Generic Expert in the build. He might think it's NPC Expert.

I'm already looking to change it up, as of right now its not super important yet because I probably won't get there within at least two months so I can afford to be more careful, the warrior levels though are what I need to change right away. What I'm not sure of though is if there's a class where the bonus feat I can get could be extra rage, because that's what I absolutely need at the moment. Blazing Berserker was more of the icing on the cake.

Aside from human paragon that is, which is looking like the most likely option I take.

Manly Man
2014-10-03, 01:27 PM
If your DM is okay with Tome of Battle, you could replace those levels with a Warblade dip, maybe even the Fighter levels as well. Given, you don't get bonus feats for five levels, but in all honesty, I'd say that maneuvers beat feats just about any day.