PDA

View Full Version : Wizard choices to make when going archmage, legacies or not....

Huskergamer
2014-10-03, 04:48 AM
Ok, i posted somewhat recently about playing a wizard going into the underdark for the first time and got some useful advice.

Now i have a bigger problem because this affects the buildout i have planned for my wizard and im not so sure i should be using the 2 legacy items i got (that are for wizards only, im the only arcane caster in the grp).

My planned build is wizard 5/Incantatrix 8/archmage 5 and finish the last two lvls in incantatrix after that. I am currently W 5/Incant 4, going into the demonweb adventure i believe its called.

I have received the legacy item banrhialorg (arcane staff from sinister spire adventure) and now the Spider silk legacy armor.

Both will reduce my spell slots by alot and since archmage use arcane slots to get higher arcana im pretty sure its not a great choice to try to unlock the full potential of one (or both) item(s). However someone did suggest i just carry round some pearls of power to make up for this and now im kinda sitting on the fence.

My current int is 18 and my dex is 16 so ive been trying to take advantage of ray spells.

My current feat list atm is collegiate wizard (combined with elf generalist), Iron will (flaw 1), skillfocus spellcraft(flaw 2), true believer(for tome of ancient lore i found), spell focus conj, alacritous cogitation, spell focus trans, twin spell and i just picked up chain spell.

Going to be getting spell focus abjur, and split ray, havnt decided on the last couple yet.

Since i am the only arcane class in the grp ive been trying to pick up a buff spell, debuff(rays), and battefield control spell every spell lvl, with a few utility spells thrown in.

So i have two questions, one immediate and one for future choices. What are all of your thoughts on trying to unlock the legacy items(already got the first ritual on the staff). And the second question is more of a: any suggestions to make this character work better in ways i have not thought of. Let me know if you would like more detail on character stats.