PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need Bad Guy help

Blackhawk748
2014-10-03, 07:51 AM
Now im a veteran of 3.5, but pretty much brand new to PF and as such i need a bit of help, now in an upcoming game my players will each be playing lords of their own small castles and they will be facing off against enemy lords. Now ive got all 4 of them thought out and three of them kinda planned out, but i have no idea what to do with the last one, so here they are:

Duke De Puce: Human Aristocrat (hes a puts)
Duke Beauregard: Half Elf Wizard, focused on Divination
The Boar: Ogre Barbarian (dont know what archetype yet, hes basically just a huge thug)
Duke Volpe: Human Werewolf Lord

Now Duke Volpe is the problem here. Hes a cold disdainful man who wears heavy armor and fights with a greatsword, but i kinda want to take advantage of his werewolf form, though i doubt he would use it all the time. Thus my dilemma, now i could make him a Fighter, but from what i understand PF has a TON of base classes so there might be something more fun. So i turn to the playground for assistance.

Edit:Shoulda put this in here to begin with, but id like to avoid a Full caster with him, Half Casting is fine

Diachronos
2014-10-03, 08:17 AM
Now Duke Volpe is the problem here. Hes a cold disdainful man who wears heavy armor and fights with a greatsword, but i kinda want to take advantage of his werewolf form, though i doubt he would use it all the time. Thus my dilemma, now i could make him a Fighter, but from what i understand PF has a TON of base classes so there might be something more fun. So i turn to the playground for assistance.

The heavy armor makes it a little tough unless you're willing to spend a feat on proficiency (or don't care about the penalties), but Samurai (Ultimate Combat) might be an intresting choice. Just go for the Swordsaint archetype, a regular samurai has too many of the useless Cavalier abilities.

You might also want to consider Warpriest (Advanced Class Guide, basically a fighter-cleric hybrid) of a deity whose favored weapon is a greatsword, or mYbe even a Bloodrager (also ACG, a barbarian-sorcerer hybrid) with the Steelblood archetype.

Blackhawk748
2014-10-03, 08:24 AM
Samurai might be a good choice, and i shoulda mentioned that i want to stay away from magic (gonna edit that in now) as i want him to be the Cold and Ruthless Warlord, though Paladin or Ranger style spellcasting would be fine

Edit: Just looked at the Samurai (looks a lot like the Knight from 3.5) and the Sword Saint in particular. Didnt actually see him Iaijustuing, but them i saw Terrifying Iaijutsu and went "That totally fits him. He hits a guy so hard he scares the crap out of everybody.

Diachronos
2014-10-03, 08:32 AM
Samurai might be a good choice, and i shoulda mentioned that i want to stay away from magic (gonna edit that in now) as i want him to be the Cold and Ruthless Warlord, though Paladin or Ranger style spellcasting would be fine

Bloodrager has the same spell progression of a paladin/ranger. And you don't even really need the spells, since it's already a barbarian with bloodline powers when it rages. I'd recommend looking at Spelleater archetype too, though you can't stack it with Steelblood.

Blackhawk748
2014-10-03, 08:41 AM
Bloodrager has the same spell progression of a paladin/ranger. And you don't even really need the spells, since it's already a barbarian with bloodline powers when it rages. I'd recommend looking at Spelleater archetype too, though you can't stack it with Steelblood.

Hmmmm, interesting ill look into it. Right now im thinking hes gonna be a Samurai Sword Saint who follows the Order of the Beast (ISC) as it matches his violent tendencies, especially when in Hybrid Form.