PDA

View Full Version : quick skill synergy question

Rahdjan
2007-03-14, 05:52 PM
does having 5 ranks in Bluff and Sense Motive grant a +4 to diplomacy (+2 from bluff and +2 from Sence Motive)? I looked in the PHB and I didn't see anywhere where it said I don't. But I know these can be fickle at best. So please help and thank you in advance.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-14, 05:56 PM
Yes. Yes it does. They are unnamed bonuses.

One of the reasons Diplomacy is outta whack.

Add 5 ranks in Knowledge (nobility and royalty), and you get a total of +6.

Rahdjan
2007-03-14, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the reply. I don't plan on abusing Diplomacy though. I'm the face man of my parties group so I'm taking all social skills (most anyways). Also, the nobility thing wouldn't really fit my character. Again though, thank you.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-14, 06:44 PM
I don't plan on abusing Diplomacy though.
Hey, you're talking to a guy that once played a Kalashtar Telepath with a Friendly Psicrystal (adding another +5 to the Diplomacheese), so you certainly don't need to defend yourself from me. :smallbiggrin:

You're welcome. Have fun with your character.

cupkeyk
2007-03-15, 08:07 AM
*hack* *cough* Half-elf Bard with Soothing Voice *cough* *hack*

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-15, 08:43 AM
Soothing Voice? That from Races of Destiny? I don't have any of the Races books. That the one people talk about using it to reroll Diplomacy checks?

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-03-15, 10:43 AM
No, Sociable Personality from Races of Destiny allows for rerolls of diplomacy as part of its benefits.

Soothing Voice is a class feature for the 1st level of the Half-elf bard racial substitution levels.
It can also be found in RoD.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-15, 11:05 AM
Ah, thanks.