PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Cap in 3.5

sammyp03
2014-10-03, 04:35 PM
I have a new player coming into the campaign. He is wanting to play a captain america style player. Whats the best way for him to go about this class.

Extra Anchovies
2014-10-03, 04:41 PM
Improved Shield Bash, Shield Specialization (Heavy Steel Shield), and then the Shield Sling feat from PHBII. It lets you throw your shield with a range increment of 20 feet. It also gives you a free trip attempt, using a separate touch attack roll. Requires BAB +9. I recommend Bloodstorm Blade as a prestige class, because they're good at throwing stuff. All of their weapons act as if they had the returning property from 1st level in the PrC.

Jeff the Green
2014-10-03, 06:02 PM
There are also a couple good shield maneuvers (2nd and 7th levels) in Devoted Spirit. I'd go Warblade 4/Crusader 1/Bloodstorm Blade 4/Crusader +11. Also, Agile Shield Fighter is like TWF with no Dexterity requirement and one weapon has to be a shield. There's nothing to say the other can't be too.

Extra Anchovies
2014-10-03, 06:17 PM
There are also a couple good shield maneuvers (2nd and 7th levels) in Devoted Spirit. I'd go Warblade 4/Crusader 1/Bloodstorm Blade 4/Crusader +11. Also, Agile Shield Fighter is like TWF with no Dexterity requirement and one weapon has to be a shield. There's nothing to say the other can't be too.

Or he could nab Improved and Superior Unarmed Strike, so he can do this:
http://www.quirkbooks.com/sites/default/files/editor_uploads/original/captamerica_punch.jpg