PDA

View Full Version : Divine Gish

WeaselGuy
2014-10-03, 09:21 PM
I read something earlier about a Paladin of Tyranny/Ur-Priest gish build, and was wondering what people would use to advance casting and attack bonus. Off the top of my head, would this be a Sacred Fist build? Something like a Human Paladin of Tyranny 4/Ur-Priest 2/Sacred Fist 10/x 4? If so, what would be a good 4 levels at the end? And, if I may be so bold, are there any worthwhile dips/acfs to look at? Thanks in advance, this isn't anything super serious, mostly just a thought experiment for me, and something to add to my collection :D

edit: I look up actual prestige class requirements, and see that a monk dip is basically necessary, so something like Paladin 3/Monk 1/Ur-Priest 2/Sacred Fist 10/X 4 would be needed. With a trip to the Otyugh Hole for Iron Will...

eggynack
2014-10-03, 09:27 PM
Is there anything particularly wrong with just your standard full leveled cleric or druid? Either one can cast spells of all varieties and beat the crap out of enemies at high levels of competency. Mashing together a bunch of dips and prestige classes just seems like an inelegant way of obtaining what those classes already have.

Troacctid
2014-10-03, 09:28 PM
Well, you'll want one of the spell-less paladin variants for sure, since divine spellcasting disqualifies you from Ur-Priest.

Rebel7284
2014-10-03, 09:34 PM
You need to be level 5 to qualify for Ur Priest.

Something like Paladin of Tyranny 2/Hexblade 3/Ur Priest 2/any full advancing divine class
is popular. Alternatively PoT 3/H2 works too.

Typically you do not need to worry about BAB very much with Divine Metamagic persisted Divine Power going. :)

gorfnab
2014-10-03, 09:59 PM
Standard Sacrilegious Fist
Duskblade 3/ Monk 2/ Ur-Priest 2/ Sacred Fist 10/ Enlightened Fist 3

Rebel7284
2014-10-04, 12:40 AM
One thing to watch out for in Sacred Fist is that the text and table disagree about the spellcasting progression. RAW text triumphs table, but check with the DM. I don't think it's worth it with two lost levels.