PDA

View Full Version : Tides of Evil (PF IC)

Croverus
2014-10-04, 02:46 AM
Each of them was given the same letter, a letter from a mysterious cloaked figure they'd met before. They were encouraged in their endeavors to face evil and injustice. Whatever their motivations, the cloaked one had taken an interest, and now they were being brought together. How many others would there be, how many 'heroes' were rising up to stop the evil in these lands?

They were about to find out.

Each of the heroes finally makes it to a clearing, approximately 30 ft across. A small campfire burns low in the center, several logs around it. A tent sits at one end, a cart of goods beside it and a pair of oxen grazing on the other side. The heroes saw one another, but saw no cloaked figure in the clearing. They'd come at the time they all thought right. The sky was dark with clouds but the last few rays of a setting sun shone through breaks in the sky.

The heroes present at this gathering included: Theldan the Human Monk; Kem the Undine Evangelist of Desna; Lely the Half-elf Winter Witch; Bjorn Olafson the Half-frost giant Barbarian; Landriss Bramblefoot the Gnome Shaman; Garold the Human Vitalist; Tetheran the Aasimar Paladin; and Kyras Elandarel the Half-elf Summoner.

Xunthrae
2014-10-04, 04:06 AM
Leily makes her way into the clearing, her white furred weasel familiar, Rikki, on her shoulder. Her cloak's hood is down, revealing her snow white hair. She is garbed in a light robe and cloak, both are white with light blue swirling and snowflake designs. She has a very regal posture, shoulders straight and held held high. Her eyes flick to the others as she approaches the wagon. She furrows her brow momentarily, before re-donning her stoic demeanor. The cloaked man wasn't there, and that put her on edge. Though, the others must be the heroes he mentioned in his letter. She wonders what their capabilities are and keeps her magic in the forefront of her thoughts, should she need to call upon it swiftly.

Redi
2014-10-04, 04:50 AM
Olaf go to the clearing quickly, with long steps.
He then wait of the person he's looking for.

Smileybastard
2014-10-04, 08:20 AM
Tetheran

As Tetheran enters the clearing he looks at the people gathered there and raising his hand he looks into the hearts of them one at a time to seek any evil.

Uses Detect evil on the group.

Skya
2014-10-04, 08:29 AM
Theldan was not sure what to expect of this meeting, but he went anyway. When he arrive to the clearing, and saw there were others waiting, he walk in. They didnt seems suspucious. They were probably invited here, like him.

Entering the clearing, he removed his hood to reveal his face to the others. Calm and stoic, with a long pony tail of black hair. His loose monk's cloth flowing with the wind around him. When he was 10 feet away from the others, he bow before them.

" Greeting. I am Theldan the wanderer. I suppose you received a curious letter like myself?"

Aka-chan
2014-10-04, 08:50 AM
Landriss walks into the clearing and looks around. The cloaked man doesn't seem to be here, but she recognizes Tetheran and nods to him in greeting. The last rays of the setting sun catch her deep orange hair so that it almost seems to glow. Her skin, by contrast, has an almost greenish tinge, although this doesn't make her look sickly the way you would expect. Though it hasn't been a particularly windy day, Landriss's hair and clothes look as if they've been buffeted by a strong wind.

A small weasel-like creature pops its head out from under Landriss's cloak and peers curiously at the white weasel on Leily's shoulder.

Responding to Theldan's greeting, Landriss says, "I'm Landriss. I did get such a note, but the person who sent it doesn't seem to be here."

Ellowryn
2014-10-04, 09:10 AM
Kyras walks straight and proud to the group gathering around the campfire despite his lean appearance. Though cautious about the mysterious letter delivered on behalf of a nearly forgotten acquaintance, the desire to move forward against the forces of darkness outweighed the risk. Seeing as greetings were going out he offered his voice The mystery does indeed deepen, I am Kyras and I am something of a wanderer myself, seeing the aasimarian holding his hands out and concentrating on everyone there he pauses and raises an eyebrow before continuing, It appears that there is something very much amiss if our friend has decided to gather such a group together.

Spellcraft check to identify what the aasimar is doing [roll0]

PwntQ
2014-10-04, 05:09 PM
Garold comes in, walking slowly.

"So. You are the others? I am Garold. I take it we all received the same letter then? Yet I dont think the writer is here yet."

Garolds gaze sweeps the clearing, trying to see if there is something hes missing.

"Either way, lets not just stand around when there is a nice fire going on."

Garold then makes his way over to the fire and sits on one of the logs.

Looking around.
[roll0]

Xunthrae
2014-10-04, 05:17 PM
Once the others begin to introduce themselves and approach, Leily relaxes. "I agree. It seems odd of him not to be here. I'm Leily, and this is Rikki." She smiles gently to the others as she tilts her head to the side, indicating the weasel who lets out a squeak that obviously means hello. While speaking she moved closer to the center, but doesn't take a seat. She's feels fine in the cool night air in her thin clothes.

Smileybastard
2014-10-04, 09:40 PM
Tetheran

Tetheran walks up to the group. He is a tall man resplendent in his gold and silver armor, a great blade at his side and a worn cloak on his back. There is something about him that makes him seem ... more than human.

"Greetings my friends. I take it we all received a note to meet here. My name is Tetheran. " With that he bows.

Croverus
2014-10-04, 10:48 PM
The flames in the central campfire seem to roar to life suddenly as a voice echoes out from it.

"Heroes, glad that you could make it. And such wonderful timing! I knew I selected you all well!"

The light from the flames grows to a brilliance that forces all to close their eyes briefly. The light fades and the cloaked figure they have all met at least once before stands next to the flame, his cloak gray on the outside, but there is a brief shimmer of gold beneath the figure's hood. The figure motions to the logs circling the fire, offering that the heroes all sit.

"Now, I have an important quest for you all, and you must work together, and quickly. Gathering you all to this point so quickly was a feat in itself. Please, sit."

Your Aasimar heritage allows you to see into the light of the flame briefly before even it is too much for you, making out a creature of golden scales.

Xunthrae
2014-10-04, 10:52 PM
Leily obeys and sits. She is attentive to what the being before him has to say. There must be something of immense importance if something as powerful as him were calling on them all.

Smileybastard
2014-10-04, 11:06 PM
Tetheran

Tetheran bows again, slowly to their host and then moves to sit on a log. His eyes paying attention to every detail of their host.

Perception to note any details of the figure [roll0]
Also he begins to sense evil on him.

Skya
2014-10-04, 11:25 PM
Theldan

Theldan bow before the hooded figure when he first appear, even after the burst of light. He then take a seat on a log, with a straigh back and one hand on each knee.

Then he ask with utmost respect:

" Before we begin, can you at least tell us your name? You seem to know each of us, but we don't know anything about you."

Aka-chan
2014-10-04, 11:55 PM
Landriss takes a seat on a log, waiting to hear what their would-be employer says in response to Theldan's query.

Croverus
2014-10-05, 12:24 AM
The only details you could make out in the light were of a distinct draconic form.

The figure looks about at the group, raising hands to the hood and pulling it back revealing a humanoid with almost alabaster white skin and a mane of gold hair, including a wispy gold beard and mustache. His face has an air of royalty to it, and small bony ridges grow from his brow sweeping back to form a crown-like shape. There is a slight texture of scales marking his cheek bones and forehead, and his eyes are solid gold orbs.

"I am Helendaxios, Servant to Io. I have watched too long as evil has begun to consume these lands, which I consider my home. While I can and will have a personal hand in righting the wrongs of this world, I am but a single being, and so have sought out heroes to take on tasks and help bring light to the world that has fallen into darkness."

Skya
2014-10-05, 08:32 AM
Knowledge to see if i know about something about Io
Knowledge religion: [roll0]
Knowledge history: [roll1]

Theldan smile, with a nod of the head.

" Thank you, Helendaxios. I'll let you pursue."

Aka-chan
2014-10-05, 10:44 AM
Landriss observes the man's unusual appearance. The gold eyes and regal bearing remind her of Tetheran, but those scales...Does he have dragon blood?

Rolling Knowledge: Arcana to try and identify whether he's dragon-descended, an actual dragon in humanoid form, or something else entirely.

[roll0]

Smileybastard
2014-10-05, 12:01 PM
Tetheran

Tetheran nods. "And who is Io?"

Croverus
2014-10-05, 05:33 PM
(Tetheran, my previos spoiler for Theldan was meant for you, apologies for the confusion. I have edited it to be for you now)

Religion Check = You've never heard of such a god among humanoid races. History Check = The name Io does show up in some ancient historic tomes about the creation of the world. Dragons claim Io created all of existance, and history texts refer to this name when dragons get involved in the world at large.

There is 'something' draconic obviously, but you cannot tell if it is an illusion, some kind of heritage, or a true dragon in disguise.

Helendaxios turns to Tetheran and seems to smile at the question. "He is the creator of all, he made the world and gave it the gift of magic. But we can make time for lessons later. The task at hand has a time limit to it. A great power for the forces of good are held under the fort in the nearby town, but it will be utilized for evil if it is not removed from the fort captain's possession. I recently discovered the object is being transported to an unknown, more secure location in 3 days. The fort captain knows the rumors of the objects presence have spread beyond the town, and has hired a tribe of orcs to guard the tunnels beneath the keep. He has enforced martial law on the local area, quelling the people and keeping his morally wrong guards on duty until it is taken. You must get it, or if retrieval is impossible, destroyed."

Skya
2014-10-05, 06:02 PM
Theldan listen carefully and with interest as the stranger talk about Io first, and then about this powerfull object.

" What can you tell us about this "object"? Is it the fort captain that intend to use it for evil or a third party?

Croverus
2014-10-05, 10:25 PM
Helendaxios frowns slightly and gives an exaggerated sigh. Whether it is disdain of the question or simply over acting, hard to tell. "That is a bit of an issue, information. I know it is under the fort, the fort captain is holding it for a third party, and I know when it leaves. Also I know it is important enough that I cannot let it slip away, but also I cannot risk it being used by evil hands if retrieving it is impossible. The exact nature of the object is obscured from me. Divination on the object has resulted in nothing, which could mean that whoever the object is going to, they're going through a lot of effort keeping the object's existence hidden. The divination blocking could also simply be a natural ability of the object. I don't know. I do know it's small enough to be transported by a single rider on horseback, and I know it's in the lowest dungeon of the fort. Which si lucky for us because those dungeons are connected to some old caverns, which is your way in.

I can provide you with some equipment to get the object, but figuring out its retrieval is part of the task I have for you. You are capable in body and mind, and I trust you can think of several plans to get to the object and get it out of the fort. Preferably without notice, though drawing attention to this event is not required if it cannot be avoided." He pauses, having spoken so far at great length. He smiles then and looks around at each of you. "Can I trust you to help me?"

Smileybastard
2014-10-05, 11:13 PM
Tetheran

Tetheran rises to his feet and looks at the entity before him, looking into his eyes. "In the bag on the back of the wagon is something evil, before I give you my word, tel me of it." He points to the bag.

Uses detect evil on him.

Croverus
2014-10-06, 12:25 AM
"The evil presence you detect is an artifact I am in the process of destroying. It's transport is the primary reason I cannot retrieve the object from the fort myself. You may examine it yourself if you wish. I have nothing to hide from you." He motions to the bag, offering the paladin the opportunity to examine its contents.

Xunthrae
2014-10-06, 10:33 PM
Leily listens silently. This artifact must be powerful for so many of this skill to be gathered in one place. "Should I accept, how would we contact you after completing this task?"

PwntQ
2014-10-06, 11:29 PM
Garold stands up and stretches.

"Good enough for me. The sooner we can face this evil, the sooner we may end it."

Croverus
2014-10-07, 06:03 AM
Turning to Leily, Helendaxios pulls a small orb fro his sleeve, holding it out to her. "As you are the one to ask, I offer you this. The orb will only respond to the first of you to take it. Upon completing your task, you need simply speak my name and break the orb, and I will be made aware that the mission is complete. If I can not personally make my way to you, I will at least get word to you by some other means." He looks around the group, expecting more questions and willing to give answers if possible, but the sun has finished setting and this gathering has gone on for a while now.

Please make perception checks as part of your next post if your character would be actively keeping an eye on the surroundings, otherwise if your character would be primarily focused on Helendaxios and the conversation at hand, simply mention your passive perception score for me.

Skya
2014-10-07, 06:14 AM
Theldan stand up, put his hand togheter and bow before Helendaxios.

" I'll do my best to fulfil this quest. We can't let this item fall into evil hands."

I don't know what is the passive perception exaclty, but i have +13 in perception.

Aka-chan
2014-10-07, 05:22 PM
"I will help as well," Landriss says. "You did mention that you had some equipment you thought would help us complete the mission. Were you referring solely to the orb, or was there something else too?"

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by passive perception--the description of the skill doesn't seem to make a distinction between active and passive. Landriss's perception bonus is +6.

Smileybastard
2014-10-07, 08:08 PM
Tetheran

Tetheran nods. "Lets do it."

Ellowryn
2014-10-07, 09:39 PM
Hardly noticed in the background, Kyras quietly ponders as many of the others began pledging the allegiance to the cause. Finally finished, he walks over the the light Well old friend, this is quite the task, but asking such things is not new for you. I am glad that others are joining, and i will also offer my hand not just in the retrieval of the artifact but the extermination of the tribe of Orcs and the fall of the tyrannical fort. The sooner we get started though the better, where is the entrance to this connecting cave?

Taking 10 for passive perception giving me a 14, keeping an eye on the group and the other on the woods surrounding us.