PDA

View Full Version : INT to Hit

Everyman
2007-03-14, 09:24 PM
Hello my fellow forum users!

I was wondering if there are any prestige classes, items, or feats that allow someone to use INT instead of STR or even DEX to modify their BAB. The reason? I am assisting in the creation of a kung-fu genius monk (INT instead of WIS), and this monk WILL be going into Disciple of the Word (Truespeak monk). Being able to give this character a SOLID reason to max INT would be very, very nice. Also, I'm trying to cut down on Multiple Ability Dependency.

Thank you for your time!
-Tarkahn
PS. Preferably a feat or magic item, please.

h2doh
2007-03-14, 09:34 PM
try here:
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=320889

The only thing that I have found is in Ultimate Feats for d20. the feat is war wizard tactics but it is only once per turn.

Zincorium
D20 Modern's smart hero gets an ability which functions like this. Of course, that's nearly impossible to get in the average game of D&D. There's a feat somewhere which lets you use Wis to hit, but that would be a waste since you're trying to max intelligence.

Bears With Lasers
Affecting yourself with the psionic power Control Bodywould do it.

Dhavaer
2007-03-14, 09:54 PM
Affecting yourself with the psionic power Control Bodywould do it.

*drools over power*
Reckon it'd be balanced as a spell?

Quietus
2007-03-15, 01:07 AM
I could have sworn I'd seen a feat that did exactly that, but I have too many books to look through right now, and the feat index didn't help. I could've sworn it was called "Insightful Strike" or something to that effect... I tried following a hunch, but came up with nothing, sorry.

Bears With Lasers
2007-03-15, 01:12 AM
Intuitive Strike, in the BoED, lets you get WIS to hit with simple weapons.
Insightful Strike is the level 3 swashbuckler ability; it lets you get INT to damage.

Jack Mann
2007-03-15, 01:13 AM
Insightful Strike is a class ability of the Swashbuckler, and it grants a bonus to damage, not attack.

Alternately, it's a maneuver from the Diamond Mind school from Tome of Battle, allowing you to substitute a concentration check for a damage roll (not to be confused with insightful strikes, a class ability of the Swordsage).

Bears With Lasers
2007-03-15, 01:19 AM
*drools over power*
Reckon it'd be balanced as a spell?

No. Let's not make wizards any better and more versatile, mmkay?

Ranis
2007-03-15, 02:02 AM
On another note, is there anything that gives you a Charisma Modifier to damage or attack? Been poring over that but I haven't had the guts to make a thread.

Bears With Lasers
2007-03-15, 02:06 AM
Damage: the Divine Might feat (Comp. Warrior), requires Power Attack and ability to turn/rebuke undead. One turn undead use to get CHA to damage for a round.

Attack bonus: the Snowflake Wardance feat (Frostburn)--for a Bardic Music use, you get +CHA to hit for a number of rounds equal to your perform(dance) ranks. Only works with a slashing weapon in one hand and nothing in the other (precluding, alas, 2:1 power attack).

Edit: the X stat to Y bonus (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=320889)thread on the Character Optimization boards was linked above; use that for all your "I want X to Y" needs.

Dhavaer
2007-03-15, 02:26 AM
No. Let's not make wizards any better and more versatile, mmkay?

Drat. I suppose I'll be sticking with Fractactical Genius.

Zincorium
2007-03-15, 02:29 AM
On the other hand, one weapon in one hand and the other empty doesn't preclude you from using armor spikes or an unarmed strike as a second weapon, so if you're into TWF, you won't be crippling yourself too badly. Well, any more than you are by being into TWF in the first place.

Dhavaer
2007-03-15, 02:39 AM
Edit: the X stat to Y bonus (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=320889)thread on the Character Optimization boards was linked above; use that for all your "I want X to Y" needs.

That's handy. I don't suppose someone could tell be what skills Keen Intellect applies to?

Bears With Lasers
2007-03-15, 02:41 AM
Will saves, and all WIS-based skills.

Dhavaer
2007-03-15, 02:48 AM
Awesometastic.

Quietus
2007-03-15, 03:50 AM
Ahhh... it was Intuitive strike I was thinking of, my mistake. Though looking at that breakdown, the Whirling Blade spell is pretty neat.

Anyhow - I'd be cool with houseruling an "Int rather than str" attack roll feat. Weapon Finesse already does that for dex, and Intuitive does it for wis, both of which have more practical use than intelligence. Maybe you could speak to your DM about it, Tarkahn?

cupkeyk
2007-03-15, 08:16 AM
On another note, is there anything that gives you a Charisma Modifier to damage or attack? Been poring over that but I haven't had the guts to make a thread.

The Mind Spy Prestige class lets you add a point of Charisma modifier for every Mind Spy level you attain against an opponent whose thoughts you have scanned.

So a Cleric/Bard with a Helm of Telepathy can combo it with either Snowflake Wardance or Divine Might. Bards can spontaneously cast Detect Thoughts o they don't need the Helm but it still convenient.

clarkvalentine
2007-03-15, 08:38 AM
For what it's worth, in Game of Thrones d20, by default you don't add any ability score to your attack rolls - it's just your BAB (plus enhancement etc.). There are feats that allow you to add any* of your ability score bonuses to hit with a given weapon.

*Except Con.

Toliudar
2007-03-15, 09:43 AM

Dashing swordsman (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0390.html)?

Illiterate Scribe
2007-03-15, 03:22 PM

Divine Might + Smite + Ascetic Monk + Arcane Duellist + Divine Shield + Divine Grace + Unearthly Grace gives 4xCha bonus to AC, 2xCha bonus to saves, Cha to damage, and Cha to attack. I remember some truly awesome builds on the WotC boards using this.