PDA

View Full Version : Sun Hunters

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Sliver
2014-11-10, 07:07 AM
"He is sacrificing the rest of his family to stay with her. The Catpaw family is quite large. Compared to how much he lost, family and resource wise, she is a small reward. It only means that she is that much precious to him that he decided she is worth it."

Archmage1
2014-11-10, 08:17 AM
Elariel sighs.
"Perhaps, but then again, perhaps he knew that she needed him, and that the rest of the family would be ok without them."

Sliver
2014-11-10, 08:25 AM
Ovel sounds baffled. "That much is obvious. What are you trying to say? He wouldn't severe his ties for nothing. He did it because she needed someone, but he wouldn't have done it if he had not cared for her very much. I really don't understand what you think I'm missing."

Archmage1
2014-11-10, 08:29 AM
Elariel sighs, shaking her head. If Ovel doesn't see love for what it was, it was unlikely it ever would. Still, she should at least try.
"He loves her. You don't seem to understand that. I'm sure you are smart enough to make allowances for it, but I'm not sure that you really understand what it means."

Sliver
2014-11-10, 08:41 AM
The carriage grows dark and cold as Ovel shakes with anger. "You insolent brat! Do not dare to speak to me of love. I understand it very much. How can I get it into your thick skull? She is precious to him because he loves her. She matters to him not because she has worth as an ally or as a resource. She is precious to him because she is his baby sister, and he is her brother, and he loves her and decided that his duty is to be there for her, and that is more important to him than anything. So you will shut up and get off your high horse, stop thinking that you know of things that you have no idea of and claim that I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT CAUSED ME TO MAKE THE BIGGEST SACRIFICE IN MY LIFE." He finishes, almost screaming.

"Purrington" jumps in through the window and meows softly. After a few moments, Ovel's outlines soften slightly and he leaves with the cat.

Archmage1
2014-11-10, 08:46 AM
"So you became a shadow for love. Interesting."

Erik Vale
2014-11-10, 07:18 PM
"You do know there are ways to gather information without making people angry, Elariel?
Abbant seems mostly unphased by the shadows rage.

Archmage1
2014-11-10, 07:27 PM
Elariel nods.
"Yes. I wasn't expecting Ovel to react like that."

Sønderjye
2014-11-11, 12:41 PM
Noegle wishes he had brothers like Purrington. He doubts that his brothers would have done anything like that. He spreads out his arms in a pleased gesture. Ah, lady Mouse Catpaw and sir Purrington Catpaw, what an unexpected pleasure to meet you here. You look as healthy as ever, how's business?

Noegle place himself so that he can have a conversation with the drivers.

Sliver
2014-11-13, 01:55 PM
Purrington perks up as Noegle decides to climb out and sit besides his sister, but turns away and continues meowing at Ovel, who doesn't reply.

Mouse blushes. "Please, Sir Noegle, don't be so embarrassing. My brother's name is Leeon, nobody calls him Purrington..." She says, her grip on the reigns tightening, poorly hiding the tension in her voice. The Catpaw family is relatively minor nobility, compared to Noegle's family, but with Mouse being basically an outcast, her social skills with nobles are non-existent, and her nervousness is obvious to Noegle. While knowing her seems like something obvious to Noegle, as her form is so different than that of the rest of her family would be quite interesting to Noegle, while knowing something that another noble house finds shameful is also advantageous, it is clear that Mouse finds Noegle's interest and seeming familiarity unnerving. She scratches her left hand before speaking up. "I didn't know the Bearathions sought to place a member as one of the Eye's Hunters..." She says, hesitant. "I'm alright, you know... Being a driver doesn't usually pay well, but Salamander's is contracted by the Sunguise, so it's actually quite decent. And I get to go out of the city quite a lot, so really, it could have been much worse." She says and absentmindedly reaches out to scratch Leeon behind the ears. He purrs softly before shaking his head and shifting to a spot out of her reach, continuing his discussion with Ovel as though uninterrupted.

If you want to continue talking to Mouse, we can move this to PMs.

It hadn't been that long of a journey. Your tribe was living some way to the south of the capital, Clara Noctem. Just by a small lake you were proud to call your own. But that vision... Perhaps you should have kept quite? But you heard the stories. They say that the spirits give you strength and allow you to push beyond your limits! They say that your people are tuned to the land... It was exiting, to know that you were Sighted. So you spoke to your elder, a man who served your Master and was freed to lead your tribe. And he told you to go, follow the vision. For your Master.

You were walking through the Gwinveer Forest towards the lake. The vision seemed to indicate that the entrance would be near it, although finding it in this forest would not be an easy task. You set up a small camp for the night, your feet growing sore. When you ran, when you hunted, you were used to charge through the fields and open plains. This, this is something else. Trudging through the forest, looking out for bad footings in the undergrowth, watching not to step on anything slippery, sticky, living or poisonous... Well, you don't have the practical know-how, but you are sure you are handling this much better than most in your tribe. You know things!

Setting up the camp wasn't hard, but if your silent shadow companion would have helped, you wouldn't have complained. What is the point, anyway? Sure, the elder said that this thing was an agent of the master, the Eye Sunguise, as they call him, but wasn't there a better way? And those others that you saw in your vision, how is this thing going to help them find you? It made no sense...

"Seth" The wind whispers, your fire flickering and barely sticking to the wood. "Seth..." It speaks again, now you are sure it wasn't your imagination. You look around, but you can't see anything. But the shadow seems unnerved as well, at least that's what you can tell from the emotion a shadow can show, darting back and forth.

"We do not have long." The voice speaks again, growing stronger and more defined. "I need you and your companions. You are on the right path, but the path is too long. I sense a pathway... It is dangerous, but... Yes, come to me. Gather them and come."

The stars seem to wink out and plunge the forest into darkness. When a sudden burst of blackness, you can see again.

You find yourself at the edge of the forest. Or, a forest. A twisted one at that. Black and white, bleached of color. As you look around, the shadow by your feet, what joy that he came with you, seems to try to point at a direction. And then you notice another group of people.

As the long hours pass quietly, eventually the carriage stops. The sun is barely visible as you hop down and out of the carriage. As Elariel's feet hit the ground, it's only moments before the slightly shorter Mouse is almost too close to her, glaring. "I don't know who you are, and I don't care. Nobody speaks to my friend like that! If I ever hear that you upset Ovel again, I'll be on you like fleas on a dog." She lets out a hiss and spins on her heels, storming away to tie down the horses.

You seem to have been moving mostly south, south west, towards the Gwinveer Forest and the Faxtelio Lake behind it. The vast farms surrounding Clara Noctem are nowhere to be seen, and nothing but green grass, flowers, various herbs and bushes spotting the plains. Far ahead, the hint of a forest can be seen.

Mouse pulls out four tents out of her pouch, each fitted for two people and already comes with a sleeping bag, and adds in a campfire. Moments afterwards she draws even more gear, although this one is out of a bag of holding, and a pot of stew is being prepared. "Chicken or vegetable stew?" Mouse asks. "Those are the options. I have some powders for seasoning, if you want yours more spicy or sweet, so don't be shy." She says.

As you eat your meal, the wind picks up. "I don't like this..." Ovel says, his first words since Elariel.

"You are too far." The wind whispers, barely audible. "Not enough... Faster."

The sky darkens above you as Ovel groans in pain, his edges break and tendrils expand from him. You are caught within Ovel, unable to move, before you are even able to rise from your ground. Bowls drop as the world spins around you and you find yourself in... Somewhere.

You blink once. Twice. Then you realize what is wrong. Besides everything. The color is gone and you find yourselves in some twisted version of the planes that you were just in. Except everything is black and white. Except the sky. It's just black. In the far north, you see a giant stone dragon sticking out of the earth, only his head is visible, spitting white fire. Back to the south you see the edge of the forest, something bright in the center. At the edge of the forest is... A goliath.

"Ovel?!" Mouse asks, shocked. A man, nearly six feet tall, stands among you with Leeon clinging to his head, sniffing him. His features are strong, even though he looks at his hands perplexed and confused, but with him being all black, like everything else, it is hard to tell much else.

Elariel recognizes the place from her studies. The plane of shadows, a dark place that shuns the light. It is a plane overlapping the material, fueling much of the shadow magic cast there and also used by wizards and planar travelers to cover great distances. It's morphic nature means that, while resembling the material plane, any landmarks you know would be twisted. The dragon in the north would probably be the legendary Darastix Mountain, but the center of the forest is also giving out light, which shouldn't exist in this place. But what of Ovel? Shadows, the undead, exist on this plane. Yet he has a body...

"I..." He says, shaking his head. Leeon hisses at the gesture and leaps off into Mouse's arms. "Sorry." Ovel mumbles. "I have no idea what is going on... It felt like I was being torn apart. It could be that something used me as a portal... I still have connection to one other shadow, the one that should be with Seth, the goliath singer, so... I think that Seth is who we see up ahead. Perhaps whatever did this, used my connection to transfer us along with Seth to this place. But... Why..."

Archmage1
2014-11-13, 02:29 PM
Elariel calm equanimity continues to hold as Mouse threatens her.
"I spoke the truth. I believe it is better to know than to be lied to. If you disagree, that is your choice. I was not expecting his reaction to be what it was, but changing the past is difficult."

As Mouse prepares the camp, Elariel surveys the area, taking in the strange plants around her. Some were familiar, and some were not. She starts gathering some of the unfamiliar ones, meaning to research them later, preserving them in her spellbook.

"I think chicken stew would be the more interesting choice, and I would prefer mine to be spicy. Most food I have eaten after leaving home has been rather mild."

As she eats her meal, Elariel thinks, but before she can come to a conclusion, the weather shifts, and magic sings through the air. Before she can react, she is paralyzed, and then she is in the plane of shadows. She dusts herself off, and looks around, taking in the twisted vegetation, and the caricatures of flowers.
"The plane of shadows. Not a good place to be."
Her voice is soft, and distracted, and her head turns slowly as she looks around the plain. And then Mouse speaks, and Elariel's attention is drawn back to the group, and quirks her eyebrows.
"Ovel, I presume? I take it that this wasn't deliberate on your part? Interesting. But odd. Presumably, that voice we heard had something to do with this. Did anyone recognize it? It sounded like it was judging progress, but there are several meanings of what it said. I don't see anything immediately dangerous, but if we stay here for long, that is likely going to change. Do you have a way out?"

dantiesilva
2014-11-13, 08:54 PM
Though the journey had been short so far, it had none the less been very challenging to Seth. He had never been outside of the open plains before, and now had a better understanding of why his people lost the war, while the enemy was used to all kinds of terrain, his own people were stuck in their ways. They had lived their for generations, where children inherited their homes from their parents, or built their own. To leave the tribe for anything but service to their master was unheard of. Thankfully he was one of the best when it came to survival in his tribe all alone, and so while the environment was very different, between the stories he had heard from those who had come before him, and his own common sense he was able to stay away from most of the larger threats. Only hunting for food when he needed it, and always leaving a small offering of whatever he had caught, as well as a bowl of water aside for the great spirits that watched over him and his tribe.

Then there was that dark spirit who had to follow him, the elder said he was a servant of their master. However that did not stop Seth from feeling uneasy around it. To say it was unnatural was an understatement in his eyes, and he could have sworn he had seen the thing defiling many of his rituals a few times over. However he had been warned to offend the creature would bring the wrath of its master upon them, and so Seth had remained quite most of the journey. Only asking it things that needed to be answered, nothing more, nothing less.

So that night when Seth set up camp he was surprised to hear the wind speaking to him. I am listening great spirits. Seth called out as he bowed his head in reverence to the unseen voice, after all it had to be the spirits, look at what they had done to the flame, the man thought to himself after his voice, like boulders scraping against each other sounded. Looking back to the dark spirit that was to travel with him while keeping his head bowed he could not help but smile as it got more and more nervous. It is about time the great spirits take their wrath out on you for defiling their offerings. he thinks to himself.

Great spirits how will I know it is the ones that walk the path? Seth voice rumbles once more as he watches the world around him begin to change ever so slightly, as one by one the many stars in the sky begin to go out. When he opens his eyes again Seth looks upon a twisted forest, and slowly rises to his feet as he looks around, taking note of the dark spirit that happened to follow him. I assume these are the ones you wish me to bring to you great spirits. I promise I will not fail you. Seth calls out before slamming his fist into his chest. And so using his teachings he lets his voice rumble forth in the distance until it comes in contact with the group in the distance where the dark one pointed.

Strangers have you been called by the spirits here as well to serve the eye in search of the sun?

With the message sent Seth draws his greatsword in case these were merely foes trying to take him off of the path to enlightenment.

Sønderjye
2014-11-14, 09:55 AM
Ah, of course Leeon, how foolish of me Noegle says apologizing. He will smalltalk with Mouse some of the way, making sure not to mention her family(since he imagines it to be a unpleasant topic). We don't have to play it out. If Leeon speaks non-feline he'll also converse with him.

When the carriage stops Noegle is the first one to jump out. While it was nice to finally have a longer conversation with non-peasants, Ovel had been kind in his description of Mouse. It was like someone had replaced her whatever organ produced words with a decanter of endless words and only allowed the geyser option I'd like chicken, for seasoning do you have paproka?

When everything turns black Noegles fingers extend and claws replaces fingers. He keeps his hands on his back as he moves closer to the goliath. That depends, are you Seth? He shouts in response to the message.

Sephir
2014-11-14, 04:07 PM
Ellyrion almost draws his chain as the planes shifted, finding himself in a very strange place "Ela, is that the dark place you were reading in your books ?" He asked softly, taking his place besides his sister. The Shadow Hand Discipline he studied had an innate connection to the plane, but he himself was not interested int it. "We should not tarry here long, THe place stinks of death"

Archmage1
2014-11-14, 04:14 PM
Knowing that Noegle had used the one response that the spell allowed, Elariel turns her attention to Ellyrion when he speaks, and she nods as he asks his question.
"One of them, yes. Power can be gained here, but at a very high price. Departing, and doing so quickly is a priority. Otherwise... every moment we spend here is a risk, and the longer we stay, the worse the risk is. I know there are portals out of here, but I don't know where they are, or where they go. Once that goliath responds to Noegle, we can decide which way to go. It probably makes sense to head back to the city, as major things tend to correspond across the planar boundaries. I would expect a dark form of the Clara Lux, at least, to be there, and there may be a portal out there. Probably not, but it's a destination. Staying here too long can affect our motivation to move, as the cold seeps into our spirits."

dantiesilva
2014-11-14, 10:43 PM
As one of the creatures he had directed his spell at responds by shouting, Seth almost goes deaf. The spell was meant to avoid drawing unwanted attention, not to make the other person deaf. So it took a few seconds before Seth could respond, speaking aloud as he slowly walked forward, sword still drawn just in case. I am indeed the one known as Seth, however that doesn't answer my question. Seth says as his voice rumbles across the distance, no longer aided by magic.

Erik Vale
2014-11-14, 11:30 PM
"That would be us. Did you bring us here?" Abbant calls back, striding forward.

dantiesilva
2014-11-14, 11:47 PM
Hearing that these were indeed the people he was there to meet, Seth places his giant greatsword back across his back as he ponders the question for a moment. When he thinks he has found the right words to express to outsiders of his tribe on what he knew happened he spoke up. While it was not I directly who brought us all here, I may have had a part in it. For the spirits spoke to me, telling me that the they needed us to come to them. Quickly at that, they are the ones who brought us all here, knowing that the path we would walk would be riddled with danger, however that it was also the fastest way. Seth says to everyone as no more then ten feet separate the two groups.

Archmage1
2014-11-15, 09:55 AM
Elariel looks at the goliath, but she soon speaks.
"So you arranged our transport here. You do have a way out then?"
She doesn't seem particularly happy about Seth's choice of route.

dantiesilva
2014-11-15, 07:39 PM
As Seth looks to the woman who was addressing him he thinks on her words for a moment before deciding that he had to have explained it wrong. I know of us coming here, I did not choose it. And only when we have done what the spirits wish shall we be able to leave. I advise not leaving the path they have made for us though. Or else we may become lost in this land of no color. Seth says looking around, having never been to any of the other planes before he knew not what this was, and the stories of where his ancestors went to dance with the spirits was a much brighter place then this that was filled with war by day, and feasts by night.

Archmage1
2014-11-15, 07:44 PM
Elariel pauses, frowning slightly, before answering.
"That is rather disappointing. As your spirits don't seem to have left a path to follow, that makes getting out quite tricky. This is why planning is important. Now, do you know where you were supposed to be going? We were meant to find you, so perhaps you know the next destination? Otherwise, we'll need to hunt for a portal out of here."

dantiesilva
2014-11-15, 07:58 PM
They said that I was close to the path, and in the vision they showed to me it showed a flaming bird, something I have never seen before. It was near a cave or perhaps in it. The spirits are very vague with the answers they give to us, all I know is that they wish us to be there and so I have begun my journey there. The dark spirit with me says that you are here to help me, that the Eye of the Sun has sent you. Seth says kindly as he looks around for some form of path, or something familiar from his dream.

Archmage1
2014-11-15, 08:24 PM
Elariel looks genuinely interested.
"The phoenix? He saved my life, or restored me, depending on how you look at it. However, he has not given me any additional information. But if the destination is a cave, mountains usually have more of those. With luck, we will spot the way out somewhere along the way."

Erik Vale
2014-11-15, 08:30 PM
Abbant merely shifts his weight from foot to foot.
"So. Without clear direction or an immediate way out, we wander the plane of shadow. Well as much as I'd like to go now, the animals need a rest, and I'd like to finish my stew."

Archmage1
2014-11-15, 08:36 PM
Elariel looks over the animals, trying to judge how tired they were. She knew that resting here... was not a good idea.
[roll0](Know Nature)

Sliver
2014-11-16, 12:44 AM
"You don't have to worry about the animals resting. It's not like we can do anything about that." Mouse says. And you notice that the horses weren't omitted from the description, because they did not get transported with you. "I hope they are fine... I'll get reprimanded for sure!" Mouse says, looking up to Noegle, pouting.

"Mouse, stop playing for pity." Ovel scolds with a smile. "The horses will be fine and you know that any such loses are covered by the Eye anyway. Besides, this precious noble is so stingy he wouldn't even pay for the wine he ordered. I doubt he has any morals to speak of. After visiting two churches in the morning, he went on a drinking binge before noon and then headed straight to a brothel." Ovel teases.

"Sir Noegle!" Mouse says with mock shock. "Why, if I had known you had such untamable urges... You could always ca-" *hiss, scratch* "Ow, ow! I was joking! Really!" She says, trying to keep Leeon away.

Ovel laughs for a bit, but the shadow that accompanied Seth seems to climb up him and wrap around him until forming a cloak. Ovel feels the fabric, which seems physical between his fingers. "Interesting..." He remarks. "I think you are taking this path thing too literally. Seth, you were headed through the forest and towards the lake, right? For you, that was your path, even if you were not walking on an actual path. This plane overlaps with ours, but it is more compressed. Our destination has not shifted, relative to our direction, merely got closer."

He pauses, glancing at the dragon behind before turning back to the forest. "Light isn't something common in this place that shuns and hates it. If the artifact we are after relates to the Phoenix in your vision, a creature of great power and light, it makes some sense that the light we see there to relate to it." He motions at the light coming through the center of the forest.

Erik Vale
2014-11-16, 05:46 AM
Abbant slowly nods then.
"So. Marching on through the forest, only now instead of worrying about goblins and exhaustion, we worry about shades. I think that's a fair trade" Abbant however sounds unsure, and after a moment reaches out to poke Ovel, as if to test corporeality.

Sønderjye
2014-11-16, 08:57 AM
Sorry about that Seth, I didn't realise it was a message spell.

Noegle's head turns red from the well known mix of embarresment and anger. If eyes could kill Ovel would be more dead than he already is. I only came to that filthy place because the Eye ordered me to.
Tell me Elariel, is it possible to hit shadows in this plane?

He agrees marching towards the light would be a good "path".

Archmage1
2014-11-16, 10:24 AM
Elariel watches the interaction between Mouse and Ovel with a slight smile, but she laughs as Ovel claims that the plane is more compressed.
"It may be more compressed, but that doesn't always help. Things are not in the same locations here as they are in reality. Distance... isn't always a constant here. That's why magic that allows travel through here rarely takes a straight line. But we might get lucky. Or we might not."
At Noegle's question, she looks over at him, and considers.
"That depends what you're using, and what sort of shade you are trying to hit."

"Regardless, we might as well head towards the forest. We don't have anything better to do, after all."
She starts walking, heading towards the forest, and its glowing heart.

Sønderjye
2014-11-16, 10:28 AM
Take a guess He answers still having a venoumous gaze in Ovel's direction.

Archmage1
2014-11-16, 10:30 AM
"Experimentation is probably the fastest way, but remember: If you can touch him, he can touch you."

dantiesilva
2014-11-16, 08:04 PM
What is this phoenix you speak of? It sounds like a powerful shaman from my tribe who uses the power of the spirits to reincarnate our brothers in times of great strife or those who have died to young. It is not often used for the ritual is said to be very taxing on the user and the soul. If you say this has happened to you and you lived threw this you surely must be protected by the spirits and have a great destiny about you. Seth says to the woman who had still not introduced herself to him. As to looking around mountains, the spirits said I was close when I was near a lake, not near the mountains of the sleeping one, said to have killed thousands of my kinsmen before being forced into slumber by the Eye of the Sun, it is only legend among my people, but none of us have dared go there out of fear of the truth it may hold. Seth says pointing up to the mountain that looks like a dragon.

Hope you don't mind that, thought it would add some depth to Seth as well as some local legends of his people and why they don't rise up once more against the sunguise

When the actions between the strangers speaking about horses comes up Seth looks on with confusion, until he heard the teasing. I see so this one is your mate, I will make sure then to keep her away from the grand stories of my people. Seth says dead serious as he looks to the one who she addressed as Noegle. Then he turns to look at the figure who spoke directly too him. I do not doubt that assessment, I am not one who speaks to the spirits. I can hear them when they wish it, and when they wish I can see them, but I have no claim in understanding them or there ways. I do know some of the old tales of them though, passed on from generation to generation of my people and the many wars that were wagged, some said to have even created spirits of pure vengeance. Seth explains, his voice still grinding, it seemed this was how the goliath spoke. At least it was better then nails on a chalkboard.

It is the past Noegle, and this is the present. We can not change the past, so we should not worry about it. Seth explains to him kindly as he begins walking towards the light, not even turning around to see if the others were following as from time to time he looked around for signs of movement.

Every 5 minutes Seth will make a spot, listen, and survival check to make sure he is going in the right direction and nothing of interest is around them.

Sønderjye
2014-11-17, 01:48 AM
Oh where are my manners. Noegle suddenly remembers My name is Noegle Husk Selv from the noble house of Bearathion, it's my pleasure to make your acquintance. The last part was a straight up lie, but manners served, one had to be polite to strangers, even to fanatically religious strangers, who were under the dellusion that spirits had anything to do with their travel to the shadow world.

He's confused when Seth adresses him because it seems out of context but choose to comment with a smile only.

Archmage1
2014-11-17, 08:21 AM
Elariel looks somewhat confused as the goliath doesn't seem to understand what the phoenix was.
I would have thought that one who spoke of the spirits would know what one was. Apparently, his people used the spirits, instead of following them. Requiring a spirit to bring the dead back... that is something that we would never do.
"The phoenix is no shaman. It is a spirit, and it chose me. Why? That is something that I can't say, for I am not the phoenix."
As he continues, she listens.
Legends often have some basis in truth. This monster might not have killed thousands, but perhaps hundreds, over a long period of time? An immortal?
"Perhaps you could tell us more of this sleeping one? Or these spirits of vengeance?"

Sliver
2014-11-19, 06:04 AM
Ovel laughs under Noegle's glare. "Lighten up!" Mouse says, laughing at her choice of words, considering the where you are. "He's only saying it because of how you're reacting."

"Hey, don't tell him my secret!" Ovel scoffs before turning to Elariel. "It is true that this plane shifts and the location of places in relation to others isn't constant, but it matters little when your destination is within sight, which is why I didn't mention it. If we were to walk back to the city, that would matter more. But that was your suggestion, not mine." Ovel smiles innocently. "As for the Phoenix, it's debatable, actually. Quite thoroughly, as many scholars still arguing about it to this day. While the most common interpretation is that the Phoenix is a spirit, some argue that it is actually a demi-god or an avatar of one. Or perhaps a chosen form of one of the greater deities. Pelor comes often when speaking of the relations of the Phoenix to religion." Ovel says, raising his hand before Elariel can interrupt him. "Let's not discuss that right now, okay? Besides, there is little to no reliable records of the Phoenix, so the legends of one group may be as valid as another's, and some would call the phoenix something else. What it is matters little unless you are actually meeting it, and what the Phoenix symbolizes matters more. It is a symbol of purification and rejuvenation. Goodness and rebirth. Among other things... The Phoenix is what inspired my brother to..." Ovel stops, frowning. It seems that the words that came out of his mouth confused him.

After what you would guess to be ten minutes of travel, keeping track of time is hard in this plane, you reach the edge of the forest. The light from the center slithers between the trees like tendrils of white smoke, barely visible but enough to be able to navigate with. As you walk, watching your surroundings for anything that might wish to harm you, you notice Ovel fiddling with his shadow-cloak. "Interesting..." He mutters to himself. "With some concentration, I can alter its properties..." He notes as the fabric extends into his hand and seems to turn into a solid sword.

You notice something move above you, leaping from branch to branch. After a bit, they stop, just out of reach of the tendrils of light. The dark squirrels (K: Arcana or K:Planes at DC 10 to recognize them as Skuirids) look down, examining you, barely moving.

"Are they watching us?" Mouse says quietly, her voice is tense.

Sønderjye
2014-11-19, 08:25 AM
I'm looking forward till we can get my new hunter trinket. I'm sure that it'll be much more pleasant than my curent one.

Noegle looks at the dark squirrels and says. They are called skuirids and it seems as if they are. Elariel can you give some information on these? Are they animals?

dantiesilva
2014-11-19, 11:27 AM
[roll0]

Perhaps when we are back on the prime I may share my tribes stories. I do not share our history with people I just meet. Basics are one thing, but what you ask goes back to some of our very finest warriors, and the heart of our culture. Seth explains to Elariel, not sure that she would accept his answer. However it was not her choice in the matter.

It is not until Oval speaks again that Seth looks back, curious at what had gotten him to speak. So the dark spirit can shift its form here? Not surprising it would be strong here where there is so little light. Seth replies watching for a few seconds before turning away. Thats when he notices the movement above. I do not care what they are, if they seek to make us leave the path they will meet the end of my blade. Seth says before letting lose a roar to try and frighten them away.

[roll1]

Sephir
2014-11-22, 02:50 PM
Knowledge (Arcana)[roll0]

"THose are skiurids" Ellyrion advises "Denizens of the shadow realm. Thankfully , one of the least threatening creatures we could encounter. THey are still a threat In large numbers, dues to their ability to carpet an area with an unnatural darkness that chills to the bones"

Sønderjye
2014-11-22, 05:06 PM
Are they animals? Or what kind of creature are they? Ellyrion is asked.

Archmage1
2014-11-22, 05:10 PM
Elariel speaks up, having thought about it.
"They are magical in nature. They can teleport, create darkness that drains and weakens, and they tend to come in large numbers, and have more powerful friends. Hopefully, if we leave their hunting range, they won't continue."

Erik Vale
2014-11-23, 05:31 AM
"Let us hope."
Abbant continues, striding through the forest with false confidence.

Sliver
2014-12-09, 02:46 AM
As Seth screams at the squirrels of darkness, there is a silence for a moment, before they climb up and vanish between the branches of the twisted, dark, forest. You are about to move on, before something seems to move among the shadows, at the edge of the tendrils of light, just beyond their reach. You can just about make their outlines, as they growl around you. Beings of pure shadow, even darker then the poorly lit forest around them, two headed, snarling at you, a long barbed tail twisting behind them. Their hostility is obvious, but neither side is the first aggressor.

Elariel and Ellyrion suddenly find the dark grass they stand on to be covered in grease, threatening to topple them off their feet. (Grease: DC11 reflex or fall. Walking at half speed with Balance DC10.)

Besides them, a huge tendril rises from the grass, revealing that the tree nearby is actually alive, sorta. It strikes at Seth, attempting to grab the goliath. Attack vs Seth: 24, damage 14. Grapple vs Seth: 36.

http://i.imgur.com/x0VpIUX.png

Initiative Order:
Elariel: 29
Ellyrion: 23
Shadow 3: 22
Shadow 2: 20
Noegle: 18
Unknown: 17
Shadow 4: 16
Seth: 15
Shadow 1: 13
Shadow 5: 8
Tree: 2

Knowledge: Nature for the tree. Knowledge: Planes for the shadows. Spot and listen for a chance to pinpoint the unknown.

Sliver
2014-12-09, 06:35 AM
As Ellyrion leaps into the air, a tendril rises quickly after him, attempting to whip at him and snare him up.

Attack vs Ellyrion is 36. Damage if hit is 13. If hit, the tree tries to grapple Ellyrion with a grapple check of 28.

Sephir
2014-12-09, 06:47 AM
(Sorry Dm)
Ellyrion was quite surprised at the assault. Struggling to regaining his balance, he easily rolled out of the greased area. Then, he saw that bloody tree moving and attacking his motivations.

More importantly, it was quite close to his sister.

Drawing his chain with a fluid motion, He filled his being with fiery rage. The spiked chain grew alight with fire. He leaped over the air with a sudden strike, Hitting the tree on the middle of it's huge form

Tumble to to H15 , auto suceeding into avoiding AoO. Initiating Burning Blade and Soaring Raptor strike
Jump attempt
[roll0]
Attack [roll1]
damage [roll2]+[roll3]+[roll]1d6+6[roll]
If crit
Roll to confirm
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll]2d6+12[roll]

Triggering Gloom Razor, making it Flat footed, as well as CHild of shadow

Archmage1
2014-12-09, 07:01 AM
Elariel, seeing the foes appear, hastily looks for the caster, but she doesn't spot him. She speaks, in a seemingly normal tone, even as she considers her actions.
"The tree is an Umbral Banyan, a tree from the plane of shadow. They drain the strength from those they attack, and they love picking people up. The shadows are Dusk Beasts. They have a long reach, but they don't attack unless they think they can win. There is something here we're not seeing."
With that, she vanishes, even as she moves, and sounds of chanting comes from somewhere nearby.

Casting shield([roll0] concentration, no aoo, +5 ac), duration 10 minutes.
Using Cloak of Deception(swift, turning invisible)
Moving to G14, drawing sword
Child of Shadow activates, giving her 20% concealment
+4 attack and damage vs the tree, +5 vs the shadows

Sliver
2014-12-09, 09:48 AM
Elariel vanishes from sight, cloaking herself in shadows before casting a defensive spell. After a moment, she reappears, failing to have left the area of grease. Ellyrion moves swiftly, leaping out of the grease with ease and crashing his spiked chain into the tree. He feels his impact wasn't as strong as it should have been, the spikes not catching well in the bark, but the damage is still great.

Two of the Duskbeasts, one of each side of the shadow tree, approach the group. One moves slightly forward before twisting and stretching, striking with bite and tail at Noegle, the other charges at Ellyrion.

Noegle: (You're flatfooted for this set of attacks) Bite 1: Attack 20, Damage 3. Bite 2: Attack 23, Damage 6. Tail: Attack 10, Damage 3.

Ellyrion: Bite, Attack 18, Damage 9.

Noegle's turn.

http://i.imgur.com/6DP4mX4.png

Sønderjye
2014-12-09, 10:04 AM
Noelge shouts in suprise as the the weird creature appears attacks him. You dare! He hisses as his skin turns scaly and his finger extends into claws.

He moves closer and punshes the beast in the face. Bad puppy.

9 damage taken,

Free:5 ft step to F18
Free: Activate augments.

Full-round:
Attack1 [roll0], damage [roll1] and [roll2](beastly strike)
Attack2 [roll3], damage [roll4] and [roll5](beastly strike)

Sliver
2014-12-09, 10:20 AM
Elariel tries to look for the caster responsible for the grease, but she can't spot anything among the shadows.

Noegle moves towards the shadow being and tries to rend at it, managing to score a hit that doesn't seem to faze the hound-lizard-shadow.

Three bolts of arcane magic fly through the air, striking at Ellyrion, Elariel and Noegle. The arcane energy doesn't seem to vanish after stinging you slightly, instead wrapping itself around you and restricting your movement.

Ellyrion takes 4 damage, Elariel takes 2 and Noegle takes 1. All 3 of you are entangled for 2 rounds.

You can make a listen check to try and pinpoint the caster.

Another hound charges at Neogle, trying to bite at him.

Noegle, not flatfooted but is entangled. Attack 24, Damage 10.

Seth's turn.

http://i.imgur.com/HDOelfz.png

Sephir
2014-12-09, 10:20 AM
Ellyrion notices his attack was quite weaken than he thought. Feeling tendrils of shadows brushing against him, he concentrated to produce a shimmering shield, moving to her sisters side, trying to avoid the coming blows .

Casting shield on myself
Concentration check [roll0]
Before that, moving to I16, Dc17 Tumble
[roll1]

Archmage1
2014-12-09, 10:27 AM
Seth, struggling fiercely in the grasp of the great tree, grows even larger, even as his struggles grow even more furious.
(Using Belt of Growth)

Sliver
2014-12-09, 10:55 AM
Seth, caught within the vines of the tree, decides to go BIG. However, the tree still has hold of him and Seth finds himself yanked upwards, hanging 20ft above ground as the vines try to choke him.

The two remaining beasts charge, one tries to bite at Noegle while another at Ellyrion. Then, the Umbral Banyan tries to strike at the others.

Seth: Grappled, 20ft above. Grapple vs 46 or take 13 damage.

Noegle, Entangled: Bite at Attack 31, Damage 5. Then vine attack at: Attack 23, Damage 12. If hit, Grapple check vs 17.

Ellyrion, Entangled: Bite at Attack 29, Damage 10. Then vine attack at: 36, Damage 10. If hit, Grapple vs 27.

Elariel: Vine attack at: Attack 19, Damage 14. If hit, Grapple vs 10.

Elariel and Ellyrion now.

http://i.imgur.com/OnsY34U.png

Initiative Order:
Dusk Beast 3: 22
Dusk Beast 2: 20
Dusk Beast 4: 16
Dusk Beast 1: 13
Dusk Beast 5: 8
Umbral Banyan: 2

Archmage1
2014-12-09, 11:10 AM
Elariel continues chanting, gesturing, and dropping a small handful of glitter. As she does, a large amount of bright, sparkly glitter appears, floating in the air, looking incongruous in the dark plane, coating the tree, and the nearest of the shadow creatures, even as she continues looking around, alertly.

Casting Glitterdust([roll0] concentration)
DC 19 or Blind.
Using an action point to not consume the spell
Using Move to look for the enemy caster
[roll1] spot
[roll2] listen

Sliver
2014-12-09, 11:52 AM
Ellyrion nearly avoids the trees vine thanks to his own shadows, but as he tries to cast his spell, he finds his concentration broken. Fighting against the vines, he slides backwards to stand next to his sister, who also managed to dodge the vines. Elariel sends a cloud of glitter, the most hated element of all, especially on the plane of shadows, where glitter should not exist. The blast hits the tree, blinding it!

One of the hounds, flanking the entangled and potentially grappled Noegle, strikes with murderous intent, while the other shifts itself and attempts to strike at the troublesome Elariel.

Noegle, Entangled and maybe grappled, including bonus from flanking: Bite at Attack 28, Damage 7. Bite at Attack 26, Damage 7. Tail at Attack 21, Damage 5.

Note: Ellyrion may chose to grant Elariel +4 soft cover, but if he does it, any attack that misses Elariel due to the cover automatically hits Ellyrion instead.

Attacks are: A16, D4. A23, D4. A20, D3. I believe all those are a miss.

Noegle's turn now. Is he grappled? What can he do to save the day?

http://i.imgur.com/0BTBLHB.png

Sønderjye
2014-12-09, 04:17 PM
Elariel, do they have combat reflexes? Noegle shouts through the noicw of battle.
Assumig she answers with a negative he dances slightly back leaving himself open for an AOO before casting a spell.

33 damage taken.
Condition: Entangled -2 hit, -4 dex.

Move: 5 ft step back to G18 provoke AAO.
Standard:casting obacuring mist, no need for casting defensively since I already provoked their one attack.

Sliver
2014-12-10, 06:31 AM
Noegle moves back, gritting his teeth against the barrage of attacks and manages to concentrate through the pain, covering the field in mist.

Up from above, between the branches of the trees, stones are falling at you, striking at Seth, Elariel and Ellyrion. The stones harden against their skin, entangling them further.

Seth takes 7 damage, Elariel takes 4 and Ellyrion takes 5. You are all entangled for 1 round.

One of the dusk beasts approaches Noegle and strikes at him through the fog. One attack misses due to the mist, the other two attacks are at 23 and 20, each dealing 4 damage.

You can roll a listen check to try and pinpoint the location of the caster, but I'm not sure how much you'll benefit from that.

Seth's turn. Abbant too, if he wants to take it on the initiative I rolled.

http://i.imgur.com/bqvc6FI.png

dantiesilva
2014-12-10, 10:16 AM
As Seth feels the vines trying to wrap around his throat he stills his body as he begins to speak. Father mountain grant me your strength, let all those who fell come to me now and fill me with their strength. And with that Seth opens his eyes that are pure white and with his massive arms rips at the vines holding him as his teeth bite down.

[roll0] Action point [roll1] Add to my roll

Sliver
2014-12-10, 10:56 AM
Seth struggles against the vines grappling him, but even the strength of his ancestors supporting him, the tree proves to be stronger still. His body grows colder as the tree attempts to sap his strength while slowly strangling him.

Each of the following numbers signifies temporary strength damage. A fortitude save of 22 negates that damage, so roll 4 times to see how many of those you take:

1, 2, 4 and 2. If you fail all 4, you will take 9 points of strength damage, so may the odds be in your favor.

Besides that, each tendril tries to further damage you:

Grapple Checks: 44, 34, 39, 30.

Each failed grapple and you take the corresponding damage: 13, 11, 13, 11.

If you aren't sure about the final values, roll 4 Fort saves and 4 Grapples and I'll tell you how much damage you have taken.

Passing the grapples doesn't free you, btw. (Dunno how versed are you in the grapple rules)

The other two dusk beasts close into the mist, one attacking at Ellyrion while the other at Noegle.

Noegle: One attack at 22, damage at 9. (Will stop mentioning attacks that I know missed, either concealment or due to armor)

Ellyrion: One attack at 22 (I believe that hits your entangled behind), damage 9. A tail attack at 26, damage 3.

Turns: Elariel, Ellyrion and Abbant. Don't forget 20%/50% miss chance from mist.

http://i.imgur.com/BAxbaDt.png

Uploading the map with the poor wifi of the train took some time...

Initiative Order:
Abbant: 22
Dusk Beast 3: 22
Dusk Beast 2: 20
Dusk Beast 4: 16
Dusk Beast 1: 13
Dusk Beast 5: 8
Umbral Banyan: 2

Archmage1
2014-12-10, 11:12 AM
Elariel, silently cursing the mist, advances, swinging at the branches holding onto the giant, hoping to sever them with her sword. Or at least hurt the Bayau quite badly. As she swings, she chants, and her sword ignites into flames, burning the tree quite badly.

Moving to G15, and attacking the tree.
[roll0] concentration for casting while entangled
[roll1] concentration for defensive casting(Not sure if needed with duskblade spell channel

[roll2] attack vs tree + [roll3] Action point bonus
[roll4] damage
[roll5] burning blade
[roll6] combust
DC 15 reflex or catch on fire(Deals more damage)

Sephir
2014-12-10, 01:32 PM
Elyrrion was already Faltering . He had to kill those creatures or he would surely die . threw 3 sudden swirls of his chain as he attacked the closest beast on his side, while he switched to a defensive stance.

Against beast in J14. 2 attacks, Using boosting Defense( +6 on my AC), And recovering Soaring Raptor strike for 3 action points spent, while emulating blind fight. Using a swift action to Activate pearl of black doubt stance.

[roll]120+1
Concealment for both (blind fight and the flaw cancel each other out)
[roll1]
[roll2]
damage
[roll3]
[roll4]

If anyone misses me due to concealment, i have gloom Razor. Opposed hide vs spot or i am invisible to them)

Sephir
2014-12-10, 01:33 PM
(Fudged the second attack roll)
[roll0]

Erik Vale
2014-12-10, 04:11 PM
Abbant dances around the beast next to him, launching a bolt of eldritch energy into it.

Starting in I18
Move: Moving to I20, provoking AOO and activating skirmish. AC is now 19.
Standard: Enemy is now flanked, but due to mist I don't get SA [stupid rule that]. I use Eldritch blast, getting base + Skirmish. This provokes an AOO.
Hit: [roll0]
Crit: [roll1]
Dam: [roll2]
CDam: [roll3]

Sliver
2014-12-11, 12:34 AM
Elariel moves through the mist and towards the Umbral banyan, her blade wreathed in fire. Slicing against the thick vines that cover the tree, the monster is engulfing in flame and begins to scream, swinging Seth wildly about.

Ellyrion, staying behind, is in rough shape and focuses on surviving the battle, his attacks failing to connect.

Abbant maneuvers around the beast and tries to fire a lethal blast of arcane might, but not before the beast itself manages to bite at him once or twice.

AoO for move: Attack 22, Damage 3. AoO for casting: Attack 25, damage 9. Will need you to roll concentration and miss chance for your blast.

The beast next to Elariel attempts to distract her from the tree, biting at her.

Bite1: A17, D5. Bite2: A27, D10. Tail: Mist Missed.

Then the dusk beast lunges at the mist creator!

Bite1: A21, D4. Bite2: A29, D7. Tail: A19, D5.

Noegle's turn. All entangled status is gone after his turn, for everybody. For now...

http://i.imgur.com/MIe1wy9.png

Sønderjye
2014-12-11, 05:47 AM
Noegle jerks his hand into the creatures face. He then, with a strength that shouldn't be possible for his thin arms, forces it's head to the ground and kicks it. I said down!

Full-attack creature at H19.
Attack1: [roll0], dmg [roll1] + [roll2]. Creature must make fort save 16 or take [roll3] dex damage.
Attack2: [roll4], dmg [roll5] + [roll6]. Creature must make fort save 16 or take [roll7] dex damage.
flanking and entagled cancel each other.

Archmage1
2014-12-11, 06:41 AM
Deftly evading the first bite, Elariel is unable to evade the second, and it strikes her solidly on her arm. as the beast bites Elariel, flames burst from the wound, searing it fiercely.

fire riposte.
[roll0] touch
[roll1] dam(Knowledge devotion)

Sliver
2014-12-11, 12:33 PM
The beast, hit by Noegle and Abbant, seems bloodied and far clumsier than usual, having the poison take full effect, but still standing as the shadows snap around, trying to hit Noegle back.

Bite: A19, D7. The other two attacks miss from mist.

The dusk beast attacking Elariel growls in pain, but refuses to die so easily.

Seth's turn.

dantiesilva
2014-12-11, 12:42 PM
Fearing if he didn't escape soon from this world of darkness the spirits had placed him he would never be able to complete his task, Seth digs down as deep as he can trying to escape the clutch of this beast.

escape roll [roll0]
Escape attempt 2 [roll1]

Sliver
2014-12-11, 01:14 PM
Seth chants as he gathers up strength in an attempt to fight against the burning tree, but even blind and on fire, it refuses to let go of the goliath. As the beasts continues to attack, Elariel notices that the Banyan's edges beginning to fade before it vanishes completely. Seth's chanting can be heard no longer...

Attack against Ellyrion: All miss due to AC, none due to mist. One attack got a roll of 27, so your defensive fighting did help!

Attack against Noegle: A23, D5. A22, D7. Third missed with A9.

http://i.imgur.com/BLOAu7O.png

Seth:

You find yourself back on the material plane, hanging in the air, still being choked by a burning tree. It seems to scream something at you, in a language that you do not understand.

Strength damage, DC 22 fort against each to negate: 1, 3, 4, 4.

But as you feel the tree trying to choke the life out of you, you see slashes forming against the vines, made out of shadow. Slowly, a shadow begins to slip between the cracks as the tree stops moving and Seth feels the grip loosening around him. Before he manages to comprehend the new situation however, he finds himself falling to the ground. 3 falling damage.

"I didn't want to interfere, but I guess I couldn't help myself." The shadow says. "I hope you don't mind... Couldn't stop him from taking both of us here. Guess that body of mine only exists on the shadow plane. I'm Ovel, in case you're confused."

Seth is now out of combat.

dantiesilva
2014-12-11, 01:33 PM
As Seth opens his eyes and see's himself under the skies of his ancestors once more. No longer plagued by the evil of that dark world he breaths in a sigh of relief, it seemed to have been making him weaker then normal. But it was no matter, his ancestors would hear him here and they would respond in kind as the creature tried to grapple him once more and sap his strength away. You are in my world now dark spirit, feel the wrath of my people. Seth calls out in his native tongue, as he fights off all but one of the branchs holding him. However he was not done yet as he got ready to slam both his fists hard into the tree, however before he could something seemed to come out of it, making the tree drop him to the ground.

As Seth slowly gets up the pain of his wounds begins to be felt, as his rage begins to subside. Looking up to the shadow calling himself Oval, Seth bows his head slightly. Another of the dark spirits like the other that was with me. However you saved me, as such you have earned my debt Oval, and that is something I won't forget. Seth explains as he shrinks back to his normal size. I suggest we keep heading in the direction we were going in the world of darkness. Seth says looking around at his surroundings.

[roll0]

Sephir
2014-12-11, 02:09 PM
Ellyrion smiled at his enemie's inability to hit him, and finally feeling himself free from the entagle. He saw Noegle to be hard pressed by three Fiends, and so he rushed to his aid. Shifting in a form of pure shadow, He moved besides the creature, flanking it as he thre a series of barbed chainns on it's bakc

Activating Cloak of Shadows and moving to E16, attacking the Dusk beast, flanking
[/roll]1d20+14[/roll]
Damage [roll0]
Rolling for Concealment [roll1][roll2]

Archmage1
2014-12-11, 02:26 PM
Elariel, seeing the tree vanish, concerns herself with the more immediate enemy, her sword crackling with lightning as it comes down on the beast that had bitten her, the bite hardly affecting her swing at all.
The Bayan must have shifted back to the prime, and taken Seth with it. I think that means that he's dead, but there's nothing I can do about that now. All I can do is end this fight, and hope we have enough strength left to continue.

Auto succeed on defensive casting
[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage
[roll2] shocking grasp

Sliver
2014-12-12, 06:42 AM
Elariel strikes at the dusk beast, the lightning courses through the shadows as the creature vanishes in the mist, becoming one with the plane of shadows.

Ellyrion slides between the shadows, slipping from the beast to aid Noegle. Finding the beast, he slashes at it. The monster dashes away from him, continuing its attack against Noegle.

Neogle: A19, D6. A24, D10. A17, D3.

Abbant delays, so his initiative count is moved to whenever Erik posts. Noegle's turn.

http://i.imgur.com/sC3hxBW.png

Sephir
2014-12-12, 07:58 AM
(AoO from me to the beast that moved. My chain has reach 10ft Silver)

[roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Annnd, it's a critical, 26 damge to the beast

Sønderjye
2014-12-13, 05:51 AM
I hate puppies are Noegles last words as he falls backwards and hit the ground. Hard.
Unconcious, stable, -7 hp

Sliver
2014-12-13, 06:02 AM
As you hear the thud from Noegle hitting the ground, Ellyrion sees a beast coming at him through the mist, lunging with teeth forward.

A15, D7.

Elariel seems to encounter the beast that was chasing after Ellyrion, as it slides to a stop and attacks her instead.

A20, D7.

Unknown to you, one of the dusk beasts, injured and poisoned by Noegle, decides to withdraw, retreating into the shadows of the forest.

Elariel, Ellyrion and Abbant's turns.

http://i.imgur.com/kRNQ54o.png

Archmage1
2014-12-13, 09:53 AM
Elariel, assailed by another of the creatures, easily evades it's attack, nimbly dodging its attack, before her sparking sword descends once more.
If they're coming at me again, the it is likely that one of my allies has fallen, but... there is nothing I can do for them, not until these enemies are gone. There is no use in my dying as well.

[roll0] 1-20 misses
[roll1] attack
[roll2] damage
[roll3] shocking grasp

Sephir
2014-12-13, 10:59 AM
Ellyrion Readies his concentration, Using his magic to enhance his chain as he started to spin it in his hand, magical flames erupting from it.

Con Check for blades of fire [roll0]
Full attack
[roll1]
Rolling for concealment [roll2][roll3]
Damage [roll4] + [roll5]
[roll6]
Rolling for concealment [roll7][roll8]
Damage [roll9] + [roll10]

Sliver
2014-12-14, 12:51 AM
As Ellyrion and Elariel attack at their foes, delivering devastating blows, Abbant jumps forward and tries to deliver a blast of his own, but his concentration fails him. The Dusk Beasts in front of Ellyrion and Elariel seem to waver at the sudden damage they have taken and decided to retreat. vanishing into the mist. The last one, seeing it's companions flee and being somewhat hurt as well, decides to flee as well.

Combat is over.

1600xp earned.

You are in the mist, Noegle is unconscious, Seth is gone. What do you do?

Archmage1
2014-12-14, 09:16 AM
Still covered in the mist, bleeding from her wounds, Elariel feels relieved as the dusk beasts flee, knowing by the lack of combat nearby that they were truly gone for now.
But they would be back.
She stumbles over to where she heard the most fighting(Near Noegle), and trips over her fallen ally. Recovering, she asertains that he's alive, and starts searching him, hoping that he would have some healing magic available. As she does so, she calls out.
"Ellyrion? Are you all right?"

Sephir
2014-12-14, 03:22 PM
"I.....i have been better" Ellyrion moaned, coughing out drips of blood as he stood up. He pulled out a potion, and started to trckle it down to Noegle's throat."I am not sure it will bring him back to his senses , but will at least stabilize him"

Sønderjye
2014-12-15, 03:37 PM
Noegle takes a deeps breath and rolled away from the pool of blood and onto his back. Judging by the pain comming from his entire body he was still alive, at least there was that. Then he remembered what happened and embarrisment hit him like a club swung by a hill giant. Weak and pathetic. Opening his eyes he was suprised to find himself to be surrounded in complete darkness. Oh right, the mist. He got on his feet and turned around to see two shadows. Who's there He asks with claws out to Abbant and El.

Archmage1
2014-12-15, 03:54 PM
Looking at the beclawed form of Noegle, Elariel is quite surprised. She wasn't expecting a shapeshifter, and yet, that was clearly what she was looking at. Still, this was a mystery to be pursued at a later date, when they weren't trapped on the shadow plane.
"Elariel, Ellyrion, and Abbant. You were rather out of it. Can you move? Staying here is not a good idea. We lost Seth. I doubt he survived, as he seemed nearly dead when the tree departed, but it is possible he managed to escape."

Sønderjye
2014-12-15, 04:02 PM
Noegle retracts his claws and his skin returns to it's non-scaled version. Don't worry about me. What about Mouse, Leeon and everybody's favorite hunter-trinket? He says walking out of the mist, looking suprisingly dignified considering he almost died.

Archmage1
2014-12-15, 04:06 PM
Elariel shrugs.
"Uncertain. They are not here, and I don't know what happened to them in the fight. Perhaps we will find them once we leave this mist."
She extends a hand down to him, meaning to help him up.

Sønderjye
2014-12-15, 04:40 PM
Shame was overwhelmed by anger which was subdued by a dark cold. I believe that you are misunderstanding our relationship. He says with an arrogant look in his eyes, as he gets to his feet on his own and dust himself off. The fact that we survived our first battle does not make us friends.

Archmage1
2014-12-15, 05:57 PM
Elariel responds, her voice quite cold.
"Then don't waste our time by lying on the ground."
With that, she walks out of the fog, looking around alertly.

Sliver
2014-12-15, 10:49 PM
"Me and Leeon are still here!" You hear Mouse's voice call out from outside the mist. "Are you guys okay? Ovel said that he and Seth will meet us on the back on the material plane. He left the other shadow with us so he can use it to track us wherever we leave..."

You see the come around the mist, with Leeon hissing towards the direction where the Banyan was, within the mist. "Ugh, that is an unpleasant smell..." Mouse agrees.

Sønderjye
2014-12-16, 05:32 AM
Noegle ignores the cold look. He exhales a sigh of relief when he hear Mouse's voice and walks towards it. So Ovel fleed from the battle? I suppose I should feel flattered by his trust​ He says with a dry voice.

Sliver
2014-12-16, 06:18 AM
Mouse gives Noegle a weird look. "Your attitude is as bad as you look." She says. "Your friend nearly died, so Ovel had to intervene. That tree would have taken him alone into the material plane and killed him there before returning." She pauses. "Right, no friends." She corrects herself. Leeon meows something, which causes Mouse to giggle as she turns from Noegle.

Archmage1
2014-12-16, 06:59 AM
Seeing Mouse and Leeon, Elariel smiles. Slightly.
"We're alive, not necessarily ok. It's good that you are still alive, and good that Seth was saved by Ovel. As for that unpleasant smell... It might get a whole lot worse. Banyan's tend to bury their victims, and those victims often have valuables. It might be worth our time to see what's down there."
As she speaks, she crouches down, to clean her sword on the grass, before she pulls out a cloth square to wipe off the dirt. After she finishes, she sheathes her sword.

Sønderjye
2014-12-16, 12:07 PM
Noegle raises an eyebrown Ovel was the one who brought us here in the first place. He then continues in a softer tone: You might not want to be here for what might come next. Elariel is correct, that is rotten bodies you are smelling. For the moment he doesn't seem to intend to move, merely observing what the three remaining hunters wanted to do with that information.

Sliver
2014-12-16, 01:11 PM
"I know what death smells like. Doesn't make the stench less foul." Mouse says, growing more annoyed. "Ovel took you nowhere. Whatever brought us to this plane, didn't ask him either. Going into this forest was a suggestion, as it seemed like the best lead you had at the time, and unless you agreed with that assertion, you wouldn't have went in. Going on this quest had nothing to do with Ovel, but with your duties towards the Eye." Mouse continues to rant. "Nobles like to spout nonsense whenever they are in a situation that they do not approve of."

She sighs. "Is one of you actually going to examine the bodies for anything useful, or are you going to imply that it should be done until one of you takes the damn initiative? Does it seriously take so little to become a hunter these days?" Leeon meows something in response. "Nope, not gonna happen."

Archmage1
2014-12-16, 02:11 PM
Elariel sighs.
"Very well. If no one else is willing to take a look, I will."
With that, she heads in the direction of the smell, being quite careful. Once she reaches it, she carefully uses prestidigitation to clean the objects of interest before removing them using her ten foot pole, a grappling hook, and some rope to tie the two together.

Sliver
2014-12-17, 09:06 AM
Mouse looks puzzled at Elariel as she ties a hook to a pole. "How does one call fishing, 'taking a look'?" She asks. "Are you planning on waiting for the mist to clear, or are you going to fish in it and hope to get something?" She sighs, lifting Leeon and holding him, just underneath his front legs, a bit away from her body and facing her.

"They can't stop wasting time on silly things, can they?" "Meow" "Right, they would never even consider asking!" "Meow..." "Could you?"

Mouse flips Leeon to face the mist as the cat lets out a few arcanic sounding meows. A gust of wind blows through and after a bit, the mist clears. Mouse lets Leeon go and, giving Elariel's contraption a snicker, approaches where the Banyan stood before.

"Sheesh, are you really so afraid of a couple of bones and rotting flesh?" She asks as she pulls a stick from her pouch. Breaking it, you can feel the stench vanish, replaced with the soft scent of lavender. "Eh, I prefer vanilla... Guess it will do." She says as she pulls a pair of cheap gloves from another pouch.

She quickly goes through the earth, displacing everything methodically, adding remarks every time she finds anything that might be interesting. After a bit, she comes to you with the haul in her sack, letting it spill open in front of you.

"There, now with that mockery over, can we just continue and find the exit?" She asks, discarding the gloves.

On the cloth that Mouse used for a sack you can see lying an old, rusted shut strongbox, three well preserved scroll cases, one of which actually containing one, a set of bracers and an odd pyramid. After a bit of careful examination, it seems that the pyramid is made of basalt and on four of its sides there are images of the phoenix, with rubies for eyes.

Archmage1
2014-12-17, 09:14 AM
"I was planning on waiting for the mist to clear. Trying this without any idea of the contents isn't a very good idea, so I figured that waiting for the mist to clear would give the injured time to bind our wounds, and give a chance for someone who is less patient to go."
When accused of fear, Elariel shakes her head.
"Open wounds and rotting corpses are an invitation for disease. I would prefer to not become ill from this. Hence, some caution seems like a good idea."

While Mouse digs through the earth, Elariel carefully wraps her bite, to hasten healing, and prevent further injury. She also takes her contraption apart.

After she finishes, she smiles at Mouse.
"Thank you."
At a gesture, the dirt and rot(and some of the rust on the strongbox) flow away, and Elariel carefully places them into her bag, spending a few moments longer than necessary with the pyramid, carefully looking it over before placing carefully inside. She also takes out and examines the scroll for a few seconds.
"We can try to identify these later, once we are in a safer location. For now, is everyone ready to move?"

Sønderjye
2014-12-17, 01:39 PM
Noegle has a sharp reply on his tongue and it takes him a great effort to swallow it. She will regret that.
While he doesn't have any qualm by letting their driver roll around in the dirt he has a lot it trouble by picking the stuff up. After a short internal debate he decides that he will have to start rebuilding his pride onces he have money again. He'll grap the bracelet.

​Where do you suggest that we go?

Archmage1
2014-12-17, 02:22 PM
Elariel, having finished her study of their gains, and having secured them, stands up and looks at Noegle, a little confused, before she speaks, slowly, and clearly.
"Noegle, don't you remember? We were heading towards the light, in the hopes that it's a way out. Did they hit you on the head?"

Sønderjye
2014-12-17, 03:11 PM
Cause that went so well the last time we walked towards the light. Yeah right, Give me just a minute He starts collecting wood, intending to burn the bodies.

Archmage1
2014-12-17, 03:42 PM
Elariel looks confused.
"Why are you collecting wood?"

[roll0] know: planes(would the wood even burn?)

Sønderjye
2014-12-17, 04:06 PM
Giving the poor souls a propor burial He says while picking up another branch
If nobody stops him he will eventually have enough wood to burn the bodies. After lightning the fire he will leave towards the light.

Sephir
2014-12-17, 06:45 PM
Nod's in approval in Noegle's initiative, aiding in his effort. "I did not had you for the sentimental sort.".
He glares back to Mouse "I suppose our friend will be able to follows us from the material plane, correct ? Staying put might incur danger"

Sliver
2014-12-18, 07:18 AM
Mouse shakes her head. "Ovel wouldn't be able to sense the shadow that accompanied Seth until we are back on the material plane. They would probably rest for the night and then seek us out in the morning, assuming we find a way out."

Archmage1
2014-12-18, 08:22 AM
Seeing Ellyrion and Noegle gather wood for a pyre, Elariel sighs.
They are willing to burn the bodies, but not to search them? And it will take hours to collect enough wood here. Hours we don't have to spare, not injured like this.
Her thought in mind, she speaks up, her voice kind, gentle.
"Ellyrion, Noegle, while what you intend to do is noble, this isn't the place to do it. After spending so long under the shadows, I think they would prefer to be burned in the sun, to allow them to escape this place forever. Burning them here, in this place... it wouldn't be right. You can carry the bodies with you, and then we can burn them when we get back to the Prime."

Sønderjye
2014-12-19, 05:45 AM
They probably would but we won't be able to carry all of them. Except if you have a spell for it?

Archmage1
2014-12-19, 06:35 AM
Elariel shakes her head.
"No, I don't have a spell for this. Bones are quite light, and you could take some."

Sønderjye
2014-12-20, 08:52 AM
Some isn't enough. Noegle responds.

Archmage1
2014-12-20, 10:00 AM
"Perhaps you are stronger than I am. But burning them here would not be right."

Sønderjye
2014-12-20, 10:28 AM
It's not a question of strength, I only have two arms.

Archmage1
2014-12-20, 10:32 AM
Elariel sighs, and speaks gently, obviously trying to let him down nicely.
"If we don't want to join them, we need to move. Light and movement... it attracts further attacks, and we are not in a condition to fight again. I believe you are capable of changing your form, so two arms isn't a limitation for you."

Sønderjye
2014-12-20, 10:44 AM
Why are you so certain that moving towards the light have less risk than staying here? You said yourself that the creatures here are attracted to light, so there should be more of them the closer we get to it.

Archmage1
2014-12-20, 10:51 AM
"I'm not. But the light is our most likely exit, and staying here long term is not an option. We simply need to take that risk. Now, are you taking the bodies, or not?"

Sønderjye
2014-12-20, 11:25 AM
Noegle looks up from picking up a branch. For just a split second Elariel can see pain in his eyes before his mask of anger reappear: In case you haven't noticed the painfully obvious then I don't have a way of taking the bodies with me. I don't have a wagon, I don't have a backpack and I don't have a sack.

Archmage1
2014-12-20, 11:28 AM
Elariel looks at him, her voice kindly, as she tries to break the news to the badly injured Noegle.
"Staying here will only lead to us joining them. That will do them no honor. They have been avenged, but we must go."
With that, she starts heading towards the light, hoping that the others would follow fairly quickly.

Sliver
2014-12-20, 11:31 AM
Mouse looks from Noegle to the piece of cloth that lay on the ground, the one she used as a sack moments ago. Then she shrugs and, with Leeon besides her, begins following Elariel.

Sønderjye
2014-12-20, 12:43 PM
Noegle collects the bones in the non-sack and follows.

Sephir
2014-12-20, 01:16 PM
Ellyrion does the same, using predestigation to clear up the bones he puts up on his sack. He then follows his sister

Sliver
2014-12-22, 06:24 AM
Continuing on your way through the woods and towards the light, now with bones, loot and a a couple of wounds, the party notices that the tendrils of light gradually grow in number, brightness and thickness. From time to time, a movement rustles the leaves, causing you to tense in preparation for a possible attack, but nothing comes.

After half an hour or so, the trees stop abruptly. Beyond them you see a lake of blackness, vast and edgeless. Just before the edge of the water, the ground gives and opens into a deep hole which spills powerful and intense light out of it. The light creates an almost solid dome around the hole, 20ft in radius, and there, about 5ft into the dome you see color. Not the white and black of the shadow plane, but actual color. A portal.

But between you and the edge of light are about 200ft, and the path is not empty of obstacles. Very angry and hostile looking obstacles. A swarm of shadows swirl shapelessly around the dome of light. They hiss and scream, occasionally attacking the dome, but the light seems to ward them away from the entrance to the hole.

The tendrils of light are extending from the dome, sometimes attacking at the shadows, but move slowly and the shadows easily move out of their way before they are hit. The shadows' anger seems to be directed at the source of light and so far the shadows have not seem to take note of you.

Sephir
2014-12-22, 10:06 AM
Ellyrion looked into the convention in front of him, studying the scenery and the shadows."I can move there with relative ease, given the distance. But i don't think you can follow through Ellie. Mouse, does this leads to the Material plane ? I think i might be able to bring some help"

Archmage1
2014-12-22, 10:12 AM
Still considering the scene before her, Elariel responds in a distracted sort of way to Ellyrion's comment.
"It'll take about twelve seconds to cross the distance, and in that time, we will be attacked by a lot of shadows. I can increase my defenses, but doing so will make me quite visible. Which would make me the distraction. If you circle around, and approach from the other side, you should be able to get through safely while they're focused on me. I should be safe, barring bad luck. Give it, say, five minutes for you to circle around? That seems adequate."

Sephir
2014-12-22, 10:22 AM
"Not for me" Ellyrion said with confidence "I can reach it with some stealth in six seconds max. What i am worried about is you two. And don't you even try to thing i will let you play bait. Just wait, i'll bring help"

Archmage1
2014-12-22, 10:25 AM
Elariel shakes her head.
"We know nothing about the conditions on the other side, so there may not be help on the other side. Even if there is help, I doubt that there would be enough help to get us through. Which leaves running for it. Since I've got the best chance of making it through them without them touching me, that means that I need to play bait."

Sliver
2014-12-22, 11:36 AM
"Are you sure?" Mouse sounds concerned. "Even if nothing is hidden by the shadows, there are a lot of them. Their touch is enough to drain your strength... It wouldn't take many of them to get lucky and slip through your defenses to fall to them."

Archmage1
2014-12-22, 11:37 AM
"I know. But I don't see any other choice. Perhaps the scroll we found might get some of us through, but certainly not all."

Sliver
2014-12-22, 11:50 AM
Mouse hesitates, scratching Leeon behind the ear as she holds him, thinking. "Look, Seth's shadow should have no trouble slipping in. The scroll should let the three of you teleport in, right? Just go for it, and the shadow will come to you... If you put it in a pouch or something, I bet he'll be able to get inside the light, right? As for me and LeEon, don't worry. We wouldn't be giving rides to Hunters if we couldn't take care of ourselves, okay? Cats and mice are great at stealth."

Archmage1
2014-12-22, 11:53 AM
"Are you certain? If you get caught... If you can sneak through, perhaps you should go first, then Ellyrion, then us. That way, they're not going to be alerted when it matters. Although... there really isn't much cover there. Are you sure you can sneak all the way up to the gate?"

Sliver
2014-12-22, 11:56 AM
"I'm sure." She says, waving a dismissing hand. "You should go first. The shadows will be even more focused on you... You know, light and life in the same place? They'll go crazy-er..."

Archmage1
2014-12-22, 11:57 AM
Elariel shakes her head.
"But after we fall through, they'll be even more alert, making it harder for you to sneak past."

Sliver
2014-12-22, 12:01 PM
Mouse scowls. "Look, I have a plan, and it's a sure thing. So will you stop acting like I'm your responsibility and get the heck out of this plane?"

Archmage1
2014-12-22, 12:05 PM
"But you are our responsibility. We brought you here, you did not plan on coming here. Leaving you here wouldn't be right."

Sliver
2014-12-22, 01:20 PM
"No it's not, and no you haven't." Mouse replies. "You didn't plan on coming here either, and it wasn't by your choice, so stop being so dense about it. Me and Leeon can and will handle ourselves, and you have no say in that."

Sønderjye
2014-12-22, 01:23 PM
Elariel, do you know of any creature native to this plane that isn't magical by nature? Noegle asks absentminded.

Archmage1
2014-12-22, 01:25 PM
"Are you certain you can do so safely?"

She replies somewhat distractedly to Noegle.
"That depends on how you define magical."

Sliver
2014-12-22, 01:30 PM
"I said yes." Mouse growls impatiently.

Archmage1
2014-12-22, 01:41 PM
"All right then. Once Ellyrion is through, I'll teleport Myself, Noegle and Abbant."

Sephir
2014-12-22, 04:17 PM
"YOu excuse me, i will need some time to prepare this maneuver" Elleyrion said, meditating quitely for six seconds "Done. Is everyone ready ? Mouse, i may be able to pick you and you familiar up you transform"

Sliver
2014-12-23, 01:23 AM
Mouse looks confused. "What fa-" Her confusion is quickly replaced with a scowl. "Leeon is my brother!" She hisses. "Anyway, are you sure? If your stealth depends on invisibility, then it wouldn't cover us, would it?"

If you are planning on using Cloak of Deception, Invisibility, and Greater Invisibility, only cover objects carried by the target creature, not other creatures.

Sephir
2014-12-23, 09:27 AM
"Not exactly" Ellyrion whispers, pointing to his haversack "It might have not much space free, but it will keep you inside for at least half a minute, if you transform in something tiny"

Sliver
2014-12-26, 08:29 AM
Mouse shakes her head. "I rather not get stuffed into a bag, you know?"

Sliver
2014-12-27, 05:31 AM
Using the scroll, Elariel sends you into the light. A warm sensation washes over you as you are forced to squint against the nearly-blinding light. For you, the outside is only barely visible outlines of blackness, screeching, hissing, roaring and making other various hostile sounding noises, trying, and failing, to get to you and extinguish your own life. The decline into the portal is just behind you, but you manage to maintain your balance as you wait, and then you see it. Among the volatile movement of the aggressive shadows, one seems to approach and wait. It slides into a bag one of you offers, assuming you don't leave it behind, and you leap into the portal.

You land on the hard ground, back on the material plane. The night sky is lit by the stars, sparkling above you. Unlike the shadow plane, the distance between the forest and the lake you find yourselves next to is far smaller, barely enough to set camp by. The trees are quite dense and do not seem inviting, offering you little input in this point in the narrative so that time can be fast forwarded in an unnatural way. The had of some mysterious force seems to dictate that here you will set camp.

You look around and nearby, seeing no hint of the portal you came through. Either it's one sided, or it is gone by now. Only the return of Mouse and Leeon, or the lack thereof, will tell.

By morning however, Mouse and Leeon seem to have found their way to you, as Mouse seems to be preparing a breakfast over a campfire that she has set up of fry bread, herb butter and cheese. She stretches as you approach, motioning for you to eat. "We should stay here for now, until Seth and Ovel can find us." She says.

Near noon, Seth and Ovel do come from among the trees. Luckily, Seth's skill at navigation, along with Ovel's stealth and scouting, allowed them to navigate the woods without unpleasant encounters, though it did cost them a bit more time. Seth still seems in a bad shape from the last battle, even with the night rest.

Regrouped once again, now you are left with finding... Whatever it is that you came to find.

Sorry for the rushed and forced fast-forward, but I felt it was taking too much time without being that important...

If you were still injured, you would heal 6hp during the night, unless someone who doesn't need rest and has the heal skill wants to provide some long term care to double that.

Seth recovers double that due to stuff, as well as a single point of strength.

dantiesilva
2014-12-27, 12:30 PM
As Seth and Ovel finally meet up with the rest of the group he looks up to the shadow who in the last 24hours had helped him greatly. You are a worthy ally Ovel, it makes me wounder how you got cursed to be such a dark spirit. Seth says warmly as he looks to the others who had no doubt been enjoying not hearing the sound of gravel scraping together. I am happy to see after we left your journey went without further incident. As to what happened in the spirit world, I am sorry, it seems my ancestors are not as strong there as they are in the material plane. He explains to them before looking to the lake in the distance. I think once Mouse and Leeon are ready we should head out. After all we spent to much time with distractions last night. Had it not been for the spirits who knows how far away we would still be. Seth says before going over to help Mouse and Leeon if they needed any with getting ready to leave. After all in his tribe everyone worked together to set up and pack up camp so it would be more efficient and no one person would be more tired then the other.

Archmage1
2014-12-27, 12:47 PM
A one sided portal? Or is it simply not visible here? Perhaps that is another reason that the shadows gather there? Perhaps animals and birds fall through every now and then?
Elariel scans the immediate area for magic, wondering what hypothesis was correct.

Elariel meditates for a few hours, before standing, and doing some exercises with her sword, a technique more focused on striking once, and hard, than striking multiple times.

She sees Mouse and Leeon arriving, and smiles at them.
"I'm glad that you made it."

Once Seth and Ovel arrive, Elariel looks at Seth.
"I see you survived. Good. I believe we are prepared to go, although more healing might be a good thing."

dantiesilva
2014-12-27, 12:55 PM
One never turns down help when offered. Seth says kindly as Elariel speaks about healing. It is good they are able to heal wounds as I am not skilled in such a manner. Perhaps I should have spent a little more time with the shaman. It is to late now however, I am to carry on the old tales of our people. Seth thinks to himself, not asking to be healed as the woman had said they should heal up after all.

Archmage1
2014-12-27, 01:00 PM
Elariel looks somewhat disappointed.
"I was rather hoping that you might have some source of healing as well. My brother and I do not possess such skills, nor does Noegle."

Sønderjye
2014-12-28, 12:24 AM
Shortly after making making sure that they weren't in any immediate danger Noegle starts gathering wood for the funeral fire. He plans on burning the bones.

He'll prepare healing spells when he wake up in the morning

to whoever needs it.
Cure light wounds
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Cure moderate wounds
[roll8]
[roll9]

Write in the OOC which one you take and I'll save leftovers for another time if applicate.

Archmage1
2014-12-28, 10:33 AM
After the healing party finishes, and the wood collecting party begins, Elariel nimbly climbs a tall tree, hoping that she might be able to see something from up high in its branches.

(Taking 10 for a 12 in climb)

Sliver
2014-12-28, 10:43 AM
With the bones cracking in the background, Elariel picks a tree and climbs up, hoping to get a good view. The lake is huge and vast, stretching beyond your vision. Between it and the forest there is only a short stretch of land, but nothing catches your eye as much as the glowing hole in the plane of shadows did. Southwards, you see a small broken dock and a rotting little wooden boat stuck on the ground.

Archmage1
2014-12-28, 11:46 AM
Elariel calls down to the others.
"I can't see the other side, but there is a rather run down dock and boat to the south. If what we seek is on the other side of the lake, crossing in the boat might be a good idea. But the boat might be rather... delicate."

dantiesilva
2014-12-28, 12:17 PM
With the crackling of the flames of a funeral pyre, and the creaking of branches supporting weight that they were never made to Seth sits down and closes his eyes as he tries to connect to the spirits of his ancestors, hoping that one of them may have roamed these lands long ago. What comes as a surprising however is the sound that escapes the goliaths mouth as he begins to sing, much different then the sound of two stones rubbing against each other. The sound was almost pleasing and no doubt so was the song if any could understand him. For unlike normal Seth was singing in his native tongue. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hoyDQ3LeTU)

Perform sing [roll0]
Bardic knowledge to know about this area we are in [roll1]

Sliver
2014-12-29, 08:01 AM
@Seth - The Faxtelio Lake shares borders with three regions, the Eye, the Blood, and the Coin regions. Due to the Gwinveer forest on the Eye's side, it is rarely crossed for trade and is mostly used by villages that live nearby for fishing and trade with the underwater societies, mostly "sea" elves and gnomes.

dantiesilva
2014-12-29, 10:38 AM
As the spirits of his ancestors infer to him the knowledge of this land that they knew Seth thanks them all as the song ends. Slowly rising to his feet the Goliath looks to all of you before speaking, his voice once more that of two rocks scraping against one another. The spirits have told me that this land is a mix of three different lands, the Eye, the Blood, and the Coin. Very little trade seems to pass threw these parts, though their are smatterings of villages around if one were to look long enough. What is also of interest, Seth says walking up to the lake and sticking one of his large rocky hands into the crystal clear water, scooping up some before letting it fall back into the lake. Is that their is also underwater societys below these waves. I no longer know the path to our destination, however I know a maze is involved, perhaps it would be best to go seek aid from one of the fishing villages nearby as they may have some folklore about such a place. Seth says to the others waiting to hear what they had to say.

Archmage1
2014-12-29, 11:17 AM
Elariel swiftly descends from her tree as she hears further conversation below. She manages to hear most of what Seth says, and by the time she reaches the bottom, she has a response planned.
"If we seek a maze, then it is likely to be relatively large, and such a place would probably have been found by the locals, although it must be dangerous, since they apparently haven't explored it. There weren't any fishing villages within sight, and from that tree, I would estimate that I could see about 20 kilometers, which makes that dock quite odd. Perhaps the sea elves have a watcher there? Regardless, we don't really have anywhere else to go, and if we are to seek a village, then that way is as good as any other."

Sliver
2014-12-29, 01:17 PM
"The nearest village within our region is quite some trek from here... About twenty miles, give or take. It's not too far from the lake's edge, but they wouldn't know anything of this part of it." Ovel says. "Whatever it was that communicated with Seth, did it when Seth wasn't far from here..."

"The shadow plane twists locations and distances... But entrance and exit points would correspond somewhat accurately." Mouse adds. "That source of light back there couldn't be a coincidence... Wouldn't the entrance be somewhere around here? Perhaps back into the forest, or..." She shrugs, motioning to the lake. "Me and Leeon checked, there is nothing out in the open at the near edges of the lake."

Archmage1
2014-12-29, 02:30 PM
Elariel shrugs.
"Then it would appear that we have two choices. We can search this area, look for something odd, and maybe find it, or we can investigate the lake. If there isn't anything close to the edge, then we'll likely need to head out into the lake to see, and that dock strikes me as quite odd, which means that it may be worth investigating. The exit being here is interesting, but the portal may not be linked, and it may have been displaced for security reasons as well. Or it may have shifted location over time."
She pauses, giving everyone time to assimilate her message.
"I suggest we search the forest first, maybe find a taller tree to climb. I think that it will be an easier task. Say, we search an area that's about five kilometers from the exit site. It might take a few days, but it should allow us to exclude an area, potentially, even if we don't find anything. I would suggest looking for notable terrain features, or newer trees."

Sønderjye
2014-12-29, 04:39 PM
How much do you know about the sea elves? I could go talk to them when you search the surface terrain. Noegle suggests hoping that he can talk to the elves aalone. He isn't .. impressed with the diplomatic skills of his fellow hunters and is unsure how Seth would react to an insult to his ancestors.

dantiesilva
2014-12-29, 08:11 PM
Seth remains quite as Ovel speaks, taking in the fact that the people the ancestors had told him about were more then a days away. And when mouse adds her own input he tries to think of something. I am good at tracking, as well as climbing trees and swimming. Perhaps we split into two groups searching in the opposite direction, and come back here in a day to see what the other group found? Unless we stay close enough where we can use magic to communicate. Seth says before looking at mouse, Ovel, and the cat. If no one is against it I would rather travel with those I trust. Ovel has saved my life once, and Mouse and the cat with her serve my master. I know nothing of all of you, and if we were to split I would feel safer sleeping with those I know do not wish me dead. Seth says, not knowing that the cat he had refereed to happened to be Mouses brother.

Sønderjye
2014-12-29, 09:55 PM
You do realise that if we kill you we are obligated by contract to the most powerful being in this region to pay for ypur ressurection? Noegle doesn't want to hang around Seth but he has poor experiences letting the two El's off without supervision.

dantiesilva
2014-12-30, 08:11 PM
I am not sure I understand what you are saying? I am not aware of any contract that forces one to do this. Ovel, Mouse, is what he says true? Seth asks, knowing that they would not lie, or at least hoping they wouldn't.

Sønderjye
2014-12-30, 10:45 PM
Wait so you aren't a Sun Hunter? Noegle feels stubid for making that assumption.

Sliver
2014-12-30, 11:04 PM
"He hasn't been officially given that name, but he is. His tribe is problematic, when it comes to them having freedom, so certain rules had to be set..." Ovel says before addressing Seth. "Yes, though yours and theirs is a little different form of binding, it is only in the origin." Ovel says. "Hunters are bound to each other, so turning against one another is not a possibility. By setting out for this quest, for the Sunguise and with us, you had accepted the same terms. For you tribe, there is no choice, I'm sorry. I will go over the specifics later, if you wish, but except betrayal being forbidden, you will find your actions much less restricted than they were before, or they would ever be outside this group. More freedom to travel, as well."

Archmage1
2014-12-31, 01:08 PM
Having thought about it for a bit, Elariel finally responds to Noegle.
"The sea elves are much like surface elves, although they live underwater. While they are not hostile, they may be a bit xenophobic. Be careful not to scare their fish. They tend to form villages, and well, farm them."

She also responds to Seth's plan.
"That isn't a very good search method. If you want to search properly, you set up a grid, and assign responsibilities for each square. Just going in a line doesn't help. However, since we have a center, a circular search pattern is also reasonable, since it is likely that what we seek is within a short distance of the portal exit. Of course, half of that area is underwater, but that's just how things are."

she doesn't chime in on the tasks of the Hunters.

Sliver
2014-12-31, 01:44 PM
Mouse ponders for a bit. "Oh, I have an idea... Leeon has the Water Breathing spell in his book. If any of you a wizard, he could lend it to you..."

Archmage1
2014-12-31, 02:50 PM
Elariel smiles.
So that's what he is. I wonder how he gestures, if he's a cat all the time. Perhaps he is a tibbit?
"I could cast it, but I would need to clear my mind before I can re-memorize spells, so it would be best to do so tomorrow morning. Which means that we should search the surface today, and see if we can find any signs. We should also see if we can ask the sea elves if they know anything. I don't see my spell lasting for more than 12 hours, and I couldn't cast it multiple times, not if everyone needs it."

Sønderjye
2015-01-02, 11:15 AM
Perfect, xenophobic ignorants are my favorites Noegle says ambivalently Do you know their attitude towards the guise or the hunters? He has accepted that he will need to work together with the other hunters and the comment doesn't seem as snipe as the previous ones. He is actually impressed with Elariel's knowledge although there's no way he'll admit that.

Archmage1
2015-01-02, 11:20 AM
Elariel shakes her head.
"I'm afraid not. Most are afraid of the hunters, but the lake elves might be isolated enough to be less concerned. Or they might not. I think you'll need to discover that the hard way. Or not, depending on how you approach them."

Sønderjye
2015-01-02, 11:40 AM
Ovel? Noegle forwards his question, hoping that the annoying soon-to-be-replaced trinket has some background knowledge.

Sliver
2015-01-02, 12:02 PM
"The lake is neutral grounds and rarely approached by anyone besides the nearby villages." Ovel says. "They have basic knowledge of the Sunguises, but nothing as specific as the Hunters. I wouldn't expect any special treatment from them... But if you are respectful and honest, they shouldn't respond too negatively to your presence."

dantiesilva
2015-01-02, 01:08 PM
Seth listens quietly as Ovel explains to him that he is indeed one of these sun hunter things, and thus they could not betray him. Thank you Ovel for the explanation, whenever we have free time if you would care to explain the rest to me I will be ready. Is there anything immediate I need to know about these sun hunters first however that will effect this mission? Seth asks kindly.

As Elariel explains why his search method is not a good idea he looks perplexed. You hold the name of hunter do you not? So shouldn't it be easier and faster if we all went in our own ways and meet back in one place? My tribe is made up of great hunters, and when we find what we are hunting we blow upon a horn to signal all the others to converge on that location. Seth explains He did not understand why searching in a grid, or a circle was safer and smarter then going in straight lines. Perhaps they had seen something in the spirit world that he had not due to being in the world of the living.

Leeon knows magic? Seth says crouching down and looking at the small cat with an odd look, as if the idea of it confused him to no end. After all since when did animals use magic, besides the magical kind of course, but Leeon seemed like a normal cat. I wounder...? Seth says before his eyes are lit up with an inner light and begin to glow as he examines Leeon to see if Mouse was pulling his leg.

Sliver
2015-01-02, 02:08 PM
"Nothing important at the moment." Ovel says.

"Leeon would be a poor wizard if he didn't know magic..." Mouse says, smirking as Seth tries to discern whether Leeon has magical auras or not, which he finds none of. "He's the top of the litter!" She adds. "Was the pride of our family, until he left..." She says, her smile dampened. Leeon meows softly and jumps on top of Seth's head, before leaping into Mouse's hands, purring.

Archmage1
2015-01-02, 02:09 PM
Elariel listens patiently as Seth tries to make excuses for his plan. Once she is done, she shakes her head.
"Hunting and searching are two different things. If you're hunting, and you miss an animal, no big deal. There are lots more to be found. But if we are searching, and we miss what we are looking for, that's it. Keeping the search organized, so that everywhere is searched, and to prevent overlapping search patterns will produce a much more reliable result. Additionally, while your tribe may have held many great hunters, we do not know the dangers of this region, and, unless I miss my guess, most of us here are not overly familiar with the woods. It doesn't make sense to split into individuals. Splitting into pairs is the right way, preferable one combatant, and one watcher in each pair, although I am aware that is unlikely. Planning is essential to a good search. Before you draw more comparisons to hunters, know that my people also hunted, but in a place far harsher than this, against much more dangerous prey. Planning, and working together is what kept us alive. It will do the same here."

dantiesilva
2015-01-03, 02:16 PM
The confusion on Seth's face only thickens as he sense no magical auras of any kind coming from Leeon as Mouse tells him about how Leeon happened to be the pride of the litter before he had left. I just looked at Leeon he has no magic coming from him. Seth says turning back to look at the cat only to see it lunging at his head. Falling backwards Seth falls onto his back as Leeon sits proudly atop the goliaths head, as if he had just vanquished him before jumping into mouses arms purring. What was that about? Seth asks kindly as he looks at the two. I just can't see no magic about you Leeon, no need to jump on me and push me down.

Looking up at Elariel from the ground where Leeon left him he listens to her words. We shall try it your way then, let us hope it works as well as you say it does.

Sliver
2015-01-03, 02:18 PM
"You were a convenient ramp." Mouse says with a chuckle. "It would attract too much attention if Leeon was just glowing with magic, wouldn't it?"

Sønderjye
2015-01-03, 02:46 PM
Noegle transform into a sea elf, with most of his normal facial features. He finds that searching the entire lake would be too risky to do alone and agrees to search aboveground.

Archmage1
2015-01-03, 02:53 PM
Elariel nods.
"All right then. Now, we have the lake that we can't search, and we have today to search. So, it should be simple enough to divide up the search areas. Now, I think we can pair up, with Mouse and Leeon working together, to search the inner arc of the circle, Elyrion and myself can search the southern arc, and Seth and Noegle can search the remaining arc."
As she speaks, she draws a diagram on the ground, drawing a brief map, and dividing the area not covered by the lake into three arcs, with a circle, meant to represent three kilometers, as the outer edge of the search area.
"Now, I know that once we get near the inner edges of our search areas, we might overlap a bit, but that's ok. Just remember that each area is about 3 kilometers long, and at the outer edge, they're about three kilometers wide. Does anyone have any questions, or comments? We can meet back here in say, 6 hours, for lunch, and to discuss what we found, or didn't find."

I'm assuming that the lake is essentially a straight line for 6 kilometers, and our campsite is roughly in the middle of that. That gives us a circle with a circumference of roughly 18(pi is 3, right?:smallwink:), and 9 on that would be in the water, hence the three kilometer cross sections.

Sliver
2015-01-05, 12:01 PM
"And Ovel and his shadow minion can dance in the sun!" Mouse adds with a laugh. With no objections, the search begins!

You search through the forest methodically, looking for anything out of place. Fortunately, it doesn't seem like you attract much attention from the forest dwellers, which means that your search goes uninterrupted. Unfortunately, by the time you are to return to camp, you still haven't found anything, while covering about half of your area.

Mouse sits down with a crash, rubbing her feet. "Bah, I feel blind in the forest! I'm not used to all these scents and there's nobody to ask or follow..." She grumbles. "I did manage to find a group of mice... The only thing that they could tell me was that there are floating... Tiny suns, they called it, that appear after the big sun sinks." Mouse shrugs and after a moment of rest, puts out a campfire and begins preparing a meal.

Archmage1
2015-01-05, 12:06 PM
Disappointed by the results of the search, but not particularly surprised, Elariel, now somewhat tired responds to Mouse.
"Mouse, would you like some help with that? I think the tiny suns were probably fireflies, but they are most certainly not what we are looking for, so I think we will be going underwater, which should be fun."

Sliver
2015-01-05, 12:09 PM
Mouse waves her hand dismissively. "Nah, I like the cooking. Only skill I've got that's simply useful, and not..." She trails off. "You know... Anyway, it could be fireflies, but... I dunno, it's not like you can go underwater before tomorrow anyway, can you?"

Archmage1
2015-01-05, 12:17 PM
Elariel nods.
"If you enjoy it, then have fun. I do agree that we might as well check them out, but I just wanted to ensure that expectations were reasonable. I'm sure we could go underwater before tomorrow, but we couldn't breathe there, which would make things difficult. And I don't know how to swim, which would also be an issue. Anyway, how far away were the mice you spoke to? It might be a good idea to get into position before the sun sets."

Sliver
2015-01-05, 12:29 PM
Mouse scowls. "You can also run a sword through yourself. Normal people would simply accept the common meaning that it's something that you wouldn't do not because it's impossible, but because you aren't a moron. But you are apparently not tired enough to not be pedantic and annoying." She looks away. "I'll just take you there later..." She says and begins slicing some mushrooms.

Archmage1
2015-01-05, 12:36 PM
Elariel winces at Mouse's rebuke, and she responds, her voice low, so it didn't carry too far.
"It's been a rather long day, and when I get tired, I tend to get pedantic. Which can be good, and it can be bad, but is almost always annoying. It's just that, well... I always tend to know more than everyone else, but sharing that knowledge is important. Sometimes, of course, it is obvious, but sometimes what I think is obvious isn't obvious to someone else. So I tend to say the obvious as well."
Elariel pauses, before she continues.
"Look, I'm sorry. I don't mean to insult you or anything... it's just that, well... the idea that people can survive underwater is kinda cool, really. Before I left my tribe, I would have said that it was impossible. The things I've learned since then... but there is so much water here, and so much of it is wasted."
she cracks a small smile.
"I suppose that's coming from a desert."

Sephir
2015-01-05, 04:47 PM
"I suppose merely the Idea itself of So much water can shake one of our people" Ellyrion Chuckled, sitting besides Elariel as he gazed at the lake"It would be like a poor man, Watching a dragon's hoard. Remember how i reacted when i saw the Ocean for the first time ? "

Archmage1
2015-01-05, 05:54 PM
Elariel laughs, a strangely musical sound.
"It was quite funny. And then when you learned it was salty... It was a sight to behold! I'll never forget the expression on your face, or the one on that little old lady."

dantiesilva
2015-01-05, 08:14 PM
I suppose you are correct in that statement. Better to let everyone underestimate you and think you are a simple cat, then for them to know your true power. Seth says kindly to the pair before bowing his head, I hope their are no hard feelings Leeon, I simply have not meet anyone like you before. Though that is not your fault, after all my people tend to stay with the herds we hunt, and only deal with outsiders when we have to. Seth says to him, not that it was an excuse. However it was to explain why he thought it so odd, alien even to him.

As the group meets up once more after there immediate search Seth listens to the tales of the others, hearing nothing of interest until Mouse speaks up. Perhaps they are spirits, lost souls even. Mouse when we are all recovered would you mind showing us this location? After all I would hate to interrupt your cooking now as I have not had a good meal in days. Been to busy trying to get here quickly for a good hunt. Seth says warmly to Mouse, and is more then happy to hear her agree to show them after they ate. Though he didn't understand the hostility between her and Elariel. Trying to ease the tension Seth speaks up. Mouse I happen to be a skilled member of my tribe when it comes to surviving on the land, perhaps if you showed me in your free time some of the plants and items you look for to cook I could help you each day.

[roll0]

Sønderjye
2015-01-08, 07:18 AM
The futility of the search, the near death experience and the lack of information regarding the search have dampened Noegle's spirit. He doesn't participate in the debate but stares instead into the bonfire wondering if parting with his family and becomming a hunter had been the right choice.

Sliver
2015-01-08, 11:11 AM
"It's... It's okay." Mouse says, looking away from Elariel, seeming a bit embarrassed by her outburst. She turns to Seth. "Well, I'll show you some herbs and mushrooms... I would have asked for fruits and berries too, but... Well, sure, why not... I could come up with something sweet to make in a pot, too. Too bad I left most of my stuff back in the carriage..." She sighs.

"Well, if you'll return to Clara Noctem and hang around with the right people, you might mingle with more shifters... There are a few families around, and they are all considered nobility to some degree... The Bearathions are considered the highest of noble houses among the shifting clans. They transform into bears, obviously, and had helped a whole lot securing the land, so the Sunguise rewarded them centuries ago. My family, the Catpaws, are more into trade and espionage. You'd think that the Eye would favor us more, but minor nobility is less noticeable and less of a threat, so it actually benefits us more than being as important as a bear." Mouse explains. "Well, not that it matters to my position. My parents would rather I have not existed, as it's quite shameful for a family to have a child who transforms into a different animal." She says bitterly and shakes her head. "Well, that doesn't matter. I've got Leeon and Ovel, so I'm like, super important, even if I'm not a noble."

Ovel laughs, before shifting closer to Ellyrion. "That story is interesting, though quite unlikely. Our land has no borders with the ocean, and I know you never left it... I'm afraid that the lady you speak of has pulled a prank on you."

Archmage1
2015-01-08, 11:15 AM
Elariel, not having anything else to do, leans against a tree, and reaches into her pack, pulling out some of the clothing she was wearing when attacked, as well as a needle and thread, and starts fixing the rips.

dantiesilva
2015-01-08, 12:41 PM
Do not worry mouse, once we have done what it is the spirits have asked us to I promise to help you find your lost carriage and its belongings. If anyone has a map and where you last where I will be able to track it down fairly easily. Seth says smiling at the small shifter, before listening to her past, and hearing that there were more of her kind and they were considered nobles. Interesting, I had heard stories of those who could walk in an animal's skin, but had thought they were all said to be evil unless they walked the path of a shaman. Seth thinks to himself before she tells him the tale of the nobility of Clara Noctem, as well as of her own family. Anyone who can turn their back on their family for being different is less then scum Mouse, do not let it ever bother you. And know that should any of them ever try to harm you, so long as I am near I will make them think twice about it. Seth says taking her much smaller hands into his own before smiling at Leeon. And to you master Leeon, you are a testament to the true meaning of family. Seth says kindly to the cay before letting go of Mouses smaller hands and getting up. I am going to go do a quick patrol around our perimeter while we wait for the food to finish cooking if anyone wishes to follow. Seth says opening up the chance for him to get to know some of the people he would be working with.

Sønderjye
2015-01-08, 01:05 PM
Noegle Husk Selv Bearathion slowly turns his gaze from the bonfire to look at Mouse when she speaks. What was your name? From before you reached shape-age? He looks sad when he asks and nothing like his arrogant self but that might just be sea-elf face that he's wearing. He can see an aspect of himself in Mouse that he hasn't seen anywhere before.

Sliver
2015-01-11, 04:29 AM
Mouse nods at Seth's words. "Thank you, but you don't need to worry." She laughs lightly. "Since my blood relatives can choose to not call me family, I can choose who I do call my family."

She frowns at Noegle's words. "I don't see how tha-" "Meow." She sighs. "Amanda... It's after King Causar's sister..."

After the meal, you decide to rest and call off the search, determined that if Mouse's lead proves false, you would go exploring the lake. As the evening approaches, Mouse and Leeon lead you into the woods, where she has talked to the mice of the forest.

You hide among the undergrowth and trees, waiting patiently as the sun sinks lower and lower and darkness claims the forest. After some time waiting, you can hear a soft and musical laughter bouncing among the trees. The sound is quickly followed by light, bright as a torch. You see several floating balls of light, floating and darting from tree to tree.

Knowledge Planes DC12:
These balls of light are outsiders called Lantern Archons.

DC 17
Lantern Archons are celestial beings, very friendly and eager to assist as much as the can.

DC 22
Lantern Archons are relatively weak and fragile, their bodies being gaseous blobs.

Archmage1
2015-01-11, 08:39 AM
Lantern Archons! I've heard about then, but I've never seen them. They're supposed to be very helpful, so perhaps they might be able to help us find what we are looking for. Of course, that would probably be easier if we knew what we are looking for, but that's neither here nor there.

Elariel, surprised to see the archons, gently emerges from the undergrowth.
"Hello, archons. Perhaps you can help me?"

Sliver
2015-01-11, 08:44 AM
"Of course, of course!" One of the Archons says eagerly. "We would love to help! Haven't seen a group of humans-" "Mostly" "here for ages!"

Archmage1
2015-01-11, 08:47 AM
Elariel smiles gently at their eagerness.
"Thank you. Do you know of any structures or ruins in the area, asides from those docks? We're looking for a relic, and we believe that it's in this area, but our search hasn't turned up anything. It is probably in some sort of structure, so we were hoping that finding that would allow us to enter, and find it."

Sliver
2015-01-11, 08:56 AM
The Archons go still and silent for a moment, before grouping up and talking in a melodic language that none of you know. One of them approaches and hovers in front of you for a few moments before returning to the others, buzzing. Finally, they scatter in a semi-circle around you. "We used to guard a place of light and magic." One of the Lanterns says. "But we were attacked and forced to retreat... A mean bunch of Will-O'-Wisps! We can show you where it is, but they won't let you in easily..."

Archmage1
2015-01-11, 09:09 AM
Elariel seems surprised by that.
"Will-o-Wisps? Those can be quite nasty. Especially if you are not prepared for them. From the sounds of it, that is where we will need to go. Thank you for your aid, and your directions would be appreciated. Can you guide us to a location where we can observe, but the wisps won't be able to see us?"

Sliver
2015-01-11, 09:17 AM
"The people made it to be a defensible place, the entrance is deep under... You'll have to go in to see it, and then you'll be seen..." The Lantern explain as they float away, moving in slow patterns. Following them, they motion towards a tree. "There, move the undergrowth!" They direct. Doing so, you see a hole, 5ft wide, dropping into the darkness.

Archmage1
2015-01-11, 09:20 AM
Looking into the darkness, Elariel doesn't see too much.
"Thank you. What can you tell us about the layout? And how far of a fall is this hole?"

Sliver
2015-01-11, 09:23 AM
"We were never inside, we were asked only to guide the right people..." The Lantern say. "We're sorry we can't be more helpful... The hole is 100ft deep..."

Archmage1
2015-01-11, 09:37 AM
Elariel smiles gently, trying to reassure the archons.
"Don't worry, you've been very helpful. We would never have found this place without you."
That said, she looks to the bushes, where everyone else was hiding, and speaks more loudly.
"Come on! The archons have told us where we need to go, and what we will be facing there. Will-o-Wisps, at least initially. They are very hard to hit, have a rather nasty shock, and grow stronger on negative emotions. They can also turn themselves invisible, which I do not have the right spell for. I can protect myself and Ellyrion, somewhat, from their shocks, but as they are mostly immune to magic, it won't be easy to defeat them."

As she speaks, she reaches into her pack, pulling out 100 feet of rope, tying the two 50 foot sections together, before she ties one end around a tree, and places the coiled length near the edge of the pit.

Taking 10 for a 15 in use rope

Sønderjye
2015-01-11, 11:40 AM
Do you know how many wisps there is? and do you remember how long it has been since they drove you off? Noegle asks, finding his new throat a bit ticklish.

Elariel, why don't we wait for tomorrow? It's late and we aren't in a rush.

Sliver
2015-01-11, 11:45 AM
"We think there were four..." They say. "It was... A century ago?" One says. "No, two!" Another one interrupts. "No more than three!" Another declares and the rest seem to agree.

Archmage1
2015-01-11, 11:50 AM
Elariel smiles at Noegle's comment.
"I believe we are capable of defeating up to four wisps, and that would allow us to enter tomorrow, hopefully, with a greater idea of what we we will be facing."

Sønderjye
2015-01-11, 11:54 AM
There were 4 wisps multiple centuries ago, do you know wisps reproduction rate? We might walk straight into a hole colony.

Sliver
2015-01-11, 11:55 AM
The Archons snicker.

Archmage1
2015-01-11, 11:57 AM
Elariel shakes her head.
"Unlikely. They feed on negative emotion. Without food, I doubt they could increase their numbers. They may have even decreased in number."

Sønderjye
2015-01-11, 12:14 PM
Good point Noegle admits.

dantiesilva
2015-01-11, 01:22 PM
As the types of creatures they are dealing with are described to Seth he looks to the glowing orbs for a moment, watching as they snicker.

[roll0] Sometimes when life gives you a glass of water it is just water, other times its poison.

Sephir
2015-01-11, 01:52 PM
"We thank you for your aid Celestial" Ellyrion says humbly, before TUrning to his Companions "I do know a spell for this occasion. It might not be much, but it will aid you in avoiding their Shock. Also, due to my abilities in stealth, i suggest i got first, given there is a quite big possibility i can catch them unawares, and possibly Ambush them"

Sliver
2015-01-11, 02:05 PM
"Mister, the cave was cleared in a way that potential attackers couldn't sneak up to the entrance..." The Archons remark.

Sephir
2015-01-11, 02:10 PM
"With that, YOu mean Visible Attackers" Ellyrion Smirked

Sliver
2015-01-11, 02:12 PM
"That's your call to make, mister." The Archons say.

Archmage1
2015-01-11, 07:03 PM
Elariel speaks up again, asking the Archons a simple question.
"After we descend into the hole, would we have a chance to prepare to face the wisps, or would we probably be attacked immediately?"

dantiesilva
2015-01-11, 08:44 PM
As everyone talks about what to do Seth looks down at the hole, and then back to the spirits. So dark spirits are down there who took over your home. They shoot lighting and can vanish into thin air. I think I know all I need to. And with that he alters his form into a lizard like creature as he waits at the opening of the hole for all to descend.

Seth will use alter self to turn into a trog and gain their +8 NA bonus Anyone think its a good idea to grapple these things?

Sliver
2015-01-11, 11:40 PM
"The caves were cleared so that attackers can't surprise them... It is dark there, besides the light of the wisps, so... If they hear you, they might extinguish themselves and not see you right away, but we doubt you could surprise them entirely." The Lanterns muse. "The cave extends for about 80ft before it reaches the door."

One of the Lanterns floats up to Seth. "They are not spirits! They are monsters, abominations. Spirits are parts of nature, even evil ones have a place. These things... Are not!"

Sønderjye
2015-01-12, 05:20 AM
Seth ehm, I think it would be best if you let Ellyrion scout first. Just so we're not suprised. The lanterns have waited for a couple of centuries, I think they can wait another 30 minutes. Noegle says to Seth's back as he is heading for the hole. He has developed a healthy sense of self-preservation after almost dying in the shadow plane.

Archmage1
2015-01-12, 06:31 AM
Elariel shakes her head once more.
"It doesn't sound like we are going to be doing much scouting. Once we descend, we're going to be under attack immediately, and there is no cover. We're going to need to descend the rope quickly, so we don't get attacked in isolation. Now, unless anyone has anything else to help, I'm going to cast my spells, and when I do that, we're going to need to descend, as I would prefer not wasting them. El, your protection spell should prove to be quite useful here. Can you cast it on everyone?"

Sephir
2015-01-12, 06:39 AM
Yes " Ellyrion nodded " But I won't hold for long, six minutes maximum. Also, if I descent invisible I will be capable of ambushing them. My eyesight is pretty bad, so if they go invisible I will be practically useless"

Archmage1
2015-01-12, 06:52 AM
Elariel looks down the hole again, and shakes her head.
"They're not glowing now. There doesn't look to be any light down there. Now, I'll time my spellcasting to finish my defenses at the same time as you finish casting yours. And then we'll descend. Probably me first, since I think they're going to have a hard time hitting me."

(She'll cast Luminous armor, dragonskin(blue) on herself, and resist energy(Electricity) on Ellyrion while he casts his last three pro: Evil spells)(She should end up with an effective touch ac of 26, after taking into account the -4 attack penalty she imposes)

Sliver
2015-01-12, 08:36 AM
You begin to descend into the darkness, with Mouse and Leeon staying behind, along with the Lanterns. It's not hard for you to descend and you even risk going a bit faster. As Elariel finds herself 20ft above ground, a sudden shock flies towards her, shortly before a glow appears next to her and a giggling will-o'-wisp reveals itself.

Touch Attack at 29, before the penalties. You lose Dex to AC since you are climbing, as well as being flat-footed.
Damage is 16 (before resistance) and if you are hit, roll climb DC 5 or fall.

The wisps initiative is 28, roll and act if you beat them.

Sephir
2015-01-12, 08:44 AM
Not that I have any chance to beat them. Even in nat20 Ill be of equal init[roll0]

Sliver
2015-01-12, 08:51 AM
The wisp giggles as Elariel is shocked, and tries to repeat the attack. It hits home, but fails to penetrate her magical resistance. "Hey, don't resist!" It vibrates at you, hovering underneath.

Your turn.

Archmage1
2015-01-12, 09:04 AM
Elariel starts to descend, intending to climb down ten feet, ignoring the wisp(And burning it when it attacks her), before drawing her sword, and slicing at it.

Hopefully, I can keep my fire ripost rolls from earlier(33 attack, 13 damage).

Longsword: [roll0]
[roll1] damage(No two handed swinging)
[roll2] climb

Sliver
2015-01-12, 09:21 AM
As the wisp shocks Elariel, it is shocked in return. With fire. The best way to be shocked. Elariel slides past it as she draws her sword and slices at the glob of light. Her weapon slashes straight through it and the wisp begins to fall. It hits the ground with a *bloop* and bursts, turning into dust as Elariel drops down, standing face to face with three other wisps who manage to convey annoyance.

http://i.imgur.com/c1kyew6.png

Everybody else can act now. Remember that you are at least 25ft up on the rope, depending on your order.

Sønderjye
2015-01-12, 09:26 AM
Suppose there's no way around it. Noegle sighs before he taking his belt off. After that he starts growing red-brown fur as he shrinks into a four-legged creature with pointy ears the size of a big house cat. Then the fur withdraws into the body, revealing grey hide as legs turn to wings and the small adorable creature turns into a 6 feet tall nasty-looking bat. Finally he grumbles some words with a weird pitchy voice and his skin turns blue and he shrinks before reattaching his belt. Once he's finished he look around and finding himself alone he dashes into the hole. He lets out a silent shriek and is not pleased with the sound that comes back.

First using hengeyokai's alternate form to change into a fox, then turns into a Desmond bat, hunting. Got blindsight 120 feet.
Dragonskin(blue): +3 enchantment bonus to armor, +12 Energy resistance(electricity)
Reduce Person: Small size. -2 str, +2 dex.
Init [roll0]

Archmage1
2015-01-12, 10:51 AM
Once her feet touch the ground, and she notes the additional three wisps, Elariel faces them, mentally noting their current positions as she shifts her grip to a two handed one, and she considers the door.
Isn't that interesting. Quite the fancy door. Cold iron, so probably something designed to resist the fey. Interesting. Opening it could prove to be quite challenging. But at least the plan is working so far, although those shocks have not been pleasant.

[roll0](Dungeoneering, Arcana, history, religion, planes)(If you want more rolls, I can make more)
[roll1](Local or nature)

Sephir
2015-01-12, 11:17 AM
Ellyrion, watching his sister in Danger, quickly hurries over the rope, starting to move down with all the speed he can afford to reach her

dantiesilva
2015-01-12, 12:52 PM
Sliver will you allow me to pretend I didn't cast alter-self UNTIL I figure out a list of monstrous humanoids to turn into?

As Seth watches two of his friends descend into the hole he grabs onto the rope and begins to descend down after casting spells to protect himself.

Mirror image [roll0]
Improvisation (+10 luck pool)

Climb check [roll1]
Initiative [roll2]

Sønderjye
2015-01-12, 09:39 PM
Noegle flies all the way to the buttom and makes a sharp turn into the cave. He will hover above Elariel and warn those who cannot see the wisps comming when they well come.

Sephir
2015-01-13, 12:27 AM
As Ellyrion reaches the ground, he casts mirror image, to avoid the deadly shocks of the wisps.
Mirror image [roll0]

Remember that Child of Shadow is active since I moved 20 feet

Sliver
2015-01-13, 01:35 AM
Flying past Seth, Noegle hovers above Elariel and finds three wisps buzzing towards him!

All three strike at the flying target, all touch attacks and the electricity damage is before resistance:

A21 D12
A19 D11
A32 D7

http://i.imgur.com/T5Dyast.png

Noegle is above Elariel. Seth is on the rope, 25ft above Ellyrion. All the wisps are flying 5ft above ground, at the same height as Noegle.

Sephir
2015-01-13, 04:21 AM
[roll0]

damage [roll1]

Archmage1
2015-01-13, 06:44 AM
Elariel, her sword held in both hands now, swings at the leftmost wisp, her sword bursting into flames as she does so.

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage
[roll2] burning blade fire

[roll3] attack 2
[roll4] damage
[roll5] burning blade fire

Sephir
2015-01-13, 06:59 AM
Ellyrion moves forward, attempting to tumble behind the wisps so his allies could gain an advantage. After that, he would concentrate , striking the wisp in front of Elariel with perfect clarity

Tumble [roll0] For left wisp
[roll1] for center wisp
Moving to C14.
Use Sapphire Nightmare blade [roll2]
Damage [roll]2d4+5[roll]+[roll3]

dantiesilva
2015-01-13, 09:14 AM
As Seth watches all the others fully descend below him he calls below, is their enough room for me to become larger? He calls out.

As seth hears his friends call out to him he takes hold of his belt and activates its abilities allowing him to grow larger before letting go of the rope thanks to how large he was now the fall would be close to nothing.

Jump check [roll0] free action

Move action to withdraw sword

Hearing that the hole was to confined to become larger, Seth continues his climb down the rope ladder until he reaches the bottom, drawing his sword if able.

Climb check [roll1]

Archmage1
2015-01-13, 09:25 AM
Elariel calls back to Seth.
"Not enough space, especially in that shaft."

Sønderjye
2015-01-13, 09:58 AM
Noelge gracefully dances around the wisps strikes, proving that the bigger you are the harder you fall, or at least proving that smaller things are hard to hit. He ends up slightly higher than before and aims to place himself in a position such that the middle wisp is caught directly between him and Ellyrion.
He turns his right claw red and extends it, being careful not to touch Elariel with it and then you hear a high-pitched "HIAA!"As the small bat does a very monklike move, aiming for the middle wisp.

Free: 5ft step upwards? I know there's only two feet above but I don't recall that being covered in the rules so I figured I might be able to partly flank the wisp.
Free: Assume aspect(fleshraker), gain claw 1d3+poison and +3 NA(which is irrelevant because the forms current armor is 3 anyway).
Attack1 [roll0] with damage Unarmed[roll1]+claw(beastly strike)[roll2] +poison(fort DC13) [roll3] dex damage
Attack2 [roll4] with damage Unarmed[roll5]+claw(beastly strike)[roll6] +poison(fort DC13) [roll7] dex damage
Bite [roll8] with damage [roll9]

How does the wisps look? Does it look like I can trip them?

Sliver
2015-01-13, 10:26 AM
Ellyrion slides underneath the wisps, though his attack, shadowy or real, fails to connect. Noegle flurries at the wisps, managing to bite at the light, while Elariel's flaming blade fails to connect as well. The flying wisps get annoyed by Noegle and move to surround him, trying to strike at him:

(They take 5ft steps, so no AoO)

Touch 22 Damage 10
Touch 25 Damage 11
Touch 25 Damage 14

Map

http://i.imgur.com/Qwg85kD.png

Noegle flying above Elariel, the wisps flying up as well. Your turns, +Noegle crit confirmation pending.

Archmage1
2015-01-13, 10:40 AM
Elariel sidesteps to A16, chanting as she does so, her eyes seeming to glow with knowledge as she finishes.

5 foot stepping to give Noegle some room.
Casting True Strike defensively.
[roll0] concentration

Sephir
2015-01-13, 11:02 AM
Ellyrion whirls he blade is a Circular Arc, covering himself with Darkness, and hiding him from the wisps. Unable to be seen, He dashes to the right, slashing the wisp with his blade .

Cast cloak of Darkness. Move at B-16. Attack with Chain. Wisp is flat-footed
[roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Sønderjye
2015-01-13, 11:11 AM
Noegle is hit by to stunners but is able to shrug off most of the shock.
If Seth is able to hit the wisps from his position Noegle descends to lower 15A to avoid being surrounded, otherwise he waits for Seth to enter the chamber before descending and retaliating.

free: 5 ft step if applicate to descend.
Attack1 [roll0] with damage unarmed [roll1]+claw[roll2] + poison(fort DC 13) [roll3] dex damage
Attack2 [roll4] with damage unarmed [roll5]+claw[roll6] + poison(fort DC 13) [roll7] dex damage
Attack3 [roll8] with damage bite [roll9]
Current HP: 50

dantiesilva
2015-01-13, 08:11 PM
Seth knew that if those with him were having a hard time facing off against these creatures with their own power he would as well if he didn't enter a rage. However he had a funny feeling he would be needing the spirits of his ancestors latter and as such begins to sing, trying to infuse all his allies with the will to fight.

In the dark forgotten mine,
Four heroes are surrounded.
But woe to the foe who thinks it so,
the smell of blood is in the air.

slice them down swift and clean,
Cut a line straight threw the night.....

Yea go ahead i made it up quick and used frozen as a base

Swift action Inspirational Boost
Standard action Inspire courage (+3)
Immediate on the end of my turn Badge of valor to increase inspire courage to +4 to all allies

If needed

Perform sing [roll0]
Defensive casting if needed [roll1]

Sliver
2015-01-14, 12:06 AM
Your attacks miss the wisps, but they grew annoyed as Noegle seems to shrug off their electric touch. They exchange a few words in a language you don't understand and soon extinguish their light. Noegle can sense them withdrawing from the cave...

Sønderjye
2015-01-14, 01:23 PM
Oh no you don't Noegle growls in his high-pitched voice. He let's out the silent bat shriek and uses it to locate the wisps before he, inspired by Seth's aggresive song, charges one of them, preferably the one he already hit.

No pounce :(
Charge, 120 feet movement, same as blindsight. [roll0] with damage unarmed [roll1]+claw[roll2] + poison(fort DC 13) [roll3] dex damage

Current HP: 51

Archmage1
2015-01-15, 06:30 AM
Elariel, seeing the bat fly away, guesses that the wisps aren't too far away from him. Darting back into the entrance, she swiftly tosses a handful of glitter into the air, which promptly vanishes, before becoming a massive burst of glitter, centered 10 feet in front of Noegle.(DC 19 will vs blind)
She also calls out, shouting to the Lantern Archons above.
"Archons! The wisps are attempting to depart. They appear to be unable to harm you, so if you block the top of the shaft, and shoot your light rays at them, you should be able to destroy them!"

Sliver
2015-01-15, 12:26 PM
The wisps, covered in glitter, sound annoyed and Noegle ought to be offended at what they say next, if only he could understand the language. One of the wisps shoots at the rope, destroying the splice and splitting it back into it's 50ft components, before all three withdraw, flying 50ft up and just reaching ground level. One of the wisps looks rather disoriented, probably getting affected by the blind.

You can hear a faint "oh no" being repeated by the lanterns.

Noegle can give chase. Since they are currently in a straight line, he can charge, though that would be the maximum distance I'd allow Noegle to still be hearing Seth's song. More than that and it's too far.

Not that it matters, since you benefit from the song for a minute longer...

No AoOs since the only one within range had used the Withdraw action.

Archmage1
2015-01-15, 12:33 PM
Moving swiftly, Elariel pulls the bow from her back, and fires an arrow up at the fleeing wisps, aiming for the disoriented one.
[roll0] attack(True strike)
[roll1] damage

Sønderjye
2015-01-15, 01:18 PM
Noegle continues his pursuit, aiming for that same wisp.

[roll0] dmg [roll1] and [roll2]+ [roll3] dex damage.

Current HP: 52

Sliver
2015-01-15, 02:07 PM
With the arrow striking true and Noegle's strike, the wisp seems to be nearly dead. It and the others quickly withdraw further, climbing up into the air.

The injured wisp is rising 100ft high, while the other two go 50ft up.

Sønderjye
2015-01-15, 02:21 PM
As Noegle exits the hole he notices that the archons doesn't do anything. Peasants of the celestial world? Who would have guessed such exists With a predetory grin he changes target from the injured wisp to one of the closer ones.

The closest wisp. If he can see which one is blinded he'll go for that.
Charge [roll0] dmg [roll1] n [roll2] and dex [roll3]

Archmage1
2015-01-15, 02:40 PM
Elariel, seeing the wisps continue to rise, tries striking again, this time, launching two arrows, aiming at the injured wisp, knowing that her bow could easily range that far.

[roll0](Range penalty applied)
[roll1] damage
[roll2](Range penalty applied)
[roll3] damage
If the injured wisp dies from one hit, she'll fire the second at another injured wisp, which probably causes a -4 penalty to attack to apply.

dantiesilva
2015-01-15, 08:51 PM
Seth seeing nothing else he can do, casts a simple illusion of the opening in the ceiling being blocked by a stone wall, trying to concentrate as long as he can to buy the others time.

Casting silent image of a stone wall to close off their escape route Will DC 13

Con check if needed [roll0]

Sliver
2015-01-16, 12:13 AM
The injured wisp barely dodges the arrow, as Elariel finds it more difficult to shoot past Noegle without hitting him but hitting the smaller target beyond him. The wisp flies up and away, no longer within the sight above the hole.

Noegle strikes at the blinded wisp and it and the other one turn to fight once more, before moving away from the opening and from the reach of Elariel's arrows.

One attack connects, but is soaked by Noegle's resistance, while the blinded one fires... Blindly. And it misses. Because it's blind. And glittery.

Archmage1
2015-01-16, 06:51 AM
Seeing that the wisps have moved out of sight, Elariel sighs, and lowers her bow.
"It looks like they're gone, for now. But they took out the rope as they went, which makes things a bit interesting. Can a lantern archon tie a knot? Can Noegle do so, if they can't?"