PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Making myself immune to fire.

The Vagabond
2014-10-05, 09:31 AM
So, I'm planning on playing a Necromancer for a game I'm playing, and due to the flaming skeletons causing damage, and me wanting to ride a gargantuan flaming crocodile into battle, I want to know if I can gain fire immunity somehow.

Fosco the Swift
2014-10-05, 09:56 AM
About what level are you? First level characters generally don't have the abilities or loot to gain resistances. If all you are worried about is riding a flaming crocodile, you don't have to look for immunities at least. Flaming skeletons only deal 1d6 fire, so at least you need a resistance fire 10.

-The cheapest way to do it would be cast Resist Energy: Fire on yourself every battle. Besides taking up valuable spell slots, this is impractical and time consuming.
-Next on the list would be a Ring of Energy Resistance (Minor Fire) for 12,000gp. This is of course very expensive, even if you have the Craft: Magical Rings feat to lower the price to 6,000gp.
-If you have yet to make your character, you can try to have the DM allow you to be half-dragon so you gain immunity to fire, but I doubt any DM is that generous.
-Multiclassing might work too. A 3rd Level Fire Elemental Sorcerer gains Resist Energy (fire) 10.

Those are the easiest ways to get your Resistance to Fire that I can think of. Hope on of them helped.

duboisjf
2014-10-05, 10:29 AM
Choose Tiefling as race : fire resistance 5 : you'll only get 1 damage once in a while

deuxhero
2014-10-05, 11:54 AM
Any race with Fire Resistance 5 (Tiefling, Ifrit, Suli and red Dragonscaled Kobold) and the Unscathed trait has Fire Resistance 7 and, as mundane fire is 1d6 max, is immune to mundane fire.

The Vagabond
2014-10-05, 02:01 PM
About what level are you? First level characters generally don't have the abilities or loot to gain resistances. If all you are worried about is riding a flaming crocodile, you don't have to look for immunities at least. Flaming skeletons only deal 1d6 fire, so at least you need a resistance fire 10.

-The cheapest way to do it would be cast Resist Energy: Fire on yourself every battle. Besides taking up valuable spell slots, this is impractical and time consuming.
-Next on the list would be a Ring of Energy Resistance (Minor Fire) for 12,000gp. This is of course very expensive, even if you have the Craft: Magical Rings feat to lower the price to 6,000gp.
-If you have yet to make your character, you can try to have the DM allow you to be half-dragon so you gain immunity to fire, but I doubt any DM is that generous.
-Multiclassing might work too. A 3rd Level Fire Elemental Sorcerer gains Resist Energy (fire) 10.

Those are the easiest ways to get your Resistance to Fire that I can think of. Hope on of them helped.

Currently I'm level 4, a Cleric [Evangelist] 3/Wizard [Necromancer] [Possibly siege mage?] 1, my origional plan was actually for a half-dragon, though mostly because I've had the idea for a little half-dragon girl for a while now, but that was shot down. After arming my Bloody Burning hill giant (Not to mention making them), or my Bloody Burning Dire Croc, a wand of CLW and ILW, staff of Command Undead, I have about 879 gp left. I'm already set on human so I can get Versatile Channeler. So using it on a ring is out of the question, and I'd like to refrain from multiclassing more than I already have. The casting of it seems like it'll be a bit too much for myself.

Fosco the Swift
2014-10-07, 06:21 AM
Then for this level you're out of options. You've shot down the four ways to gain resistance/immunity: Magic, Race, Class and loot. For now I think you'll just have to put the flaming crocodile mount on hold until you level up a few times and get some gold.

stack
2014-10-07, 08:25 AM
The new damnation feats will help. Fiendskin (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/damnation-feats/fiendskin-damnation) grants resistance/immunity based on your patron and the number of damnation feats you have. Obviously has some very particular RP and alignment restrictions, plus its hard to get raised, but it gives energy immunity to two types if you take all four feats, each of which grants benefits scaling with your total number of damnation feats.