PDA

View Full Version : Multiplication (spell)

Goblin Music
2007-03-14, 11:54 PM
Multiplication
Transmutation
Level: Bard 4,Ranger 4, Paladin 4, Sor/Wiz 4
Components: M, S, V
Casting Time: 1 Min*
Range: Close (25'+5' / 2 levels)
Target: one willing creature / four levels
Duration: one minute
Saving Throw: Will Negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

this spell transmutes one living creature in to a copy of the caster, the copy uses the casters statistics (stats, prepared spells, and Skills / feats) it has construct immunities and is controlled by the caster's mind and has no intelligence of its own. the creature must have ingested the casters blood before one hour of casting (the DNA is required for the spell to work) the creture retains its own Hp (for spells that involve HD use the casters HD not the creture's)
(*one min. per creature)

Caduceus
2007-03-15, 12:04 AM
Hello, Mister Anderson.

Collin152
2007-03-15, 12:42 AM
Transfers the spells too, eh? Seems abusable. I'd bumb u pthe levels to be more similar to Polymorph any Object.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-03-15, 12:53 AM
I don't get why it's a ranger/paladin spell aswell.

Orzel
2007-03-15, 01:32 AM
I don't get why it's a ranger/paladin spell aswell.

To cast on you mount/companion.

Man Beast Clone!
I have to stop playing my cousin's Naruto games when bored.

Jack_Simth
2007-03-15, 06:31 AM
Yeah, I'd say that's abuseable.

20th level Wizard who has 5000 xp to burn wants every stat bumped up by five points via Wish. He prepares one Wish spell, six of these, gets several willing targets, and casts this on them. He then orders them to Wish one of his stats improved.

He has not spent his 5,000 xp, but he's just gained a +5 Inherent Bonus through the safe clause of Wish.

Rinse and repeat for the other five attributes.

And he's still got his loose 5,000 xp.

Just an example, mind; extreme case - but if you're a Wiz-X and cast this on a raging barbarian-Y, you've got a Wiz-X with the HP of a Raging Barbarian-Y (which is usually a lot of HP).

This is crazy breakable. Compare to other effects that can make more of you:

Simulacrum is Sor/Wiz 7, costs XP, material components, and makes a you of half your level (works on anyone else, too, though, if you have a piece of them). It's also Instant.

Fisson is Egoist-7, lasts 1 round/level, and runs the risk of you losing a level (if the duplicate dies, you gain a negative level; if you die, the duplicate becomes you, minus a level), and the duplicate has two negative levels for the duration.

This not only makes another of you, but it has little drawback other than the casting time, and is quite abuseable (hey... followers casting 4th level spells when you are only 7th! Or followers casting 9th level spells when you're 17th! Each and every one of them!). And it's got advantages (see above for Raging Barbarian HP Wizard)

Yuki Akuma
2007-03-15, 07:24 AM
...But there's an epic spell that does this. It has a Spellcraft DC of 79 and costs 25,000 xp. And the copy is of a lower level than you are.

ajkkjjk52
2007-03-15, 01:01 PM
Let's say I'm a high-level caster. I prepare two of these, and then hire a 1st level warrior. Cast this on him. Hire another. The first casts it on him. Et. Cetera. For a few hundred gp and 2 4th level spells, I have an unstoppable army of high-level casters. Now let's say I have Circle Magic or some other such collective casting feat...

Goblin Music
2007-03-15, 01:50 PM
it uses your spells so only 2 multiples for 2 preparations and it has to ingest some of the original casters blood

Collin152
2007-03-15, 08:57 PM
Eschew Materials ftw, then.
It's still horribly, horribly abuseable, possibly moreso then my spell I posted a while back that's useless for it's intention bt godly for defensive purposes. If you insist on making it a non-epic spell, bump it to ninth level and add an XP cost.

DrewBlay
2010-10-20, 04:17 PM
thanks!

free maths games (http://www.free-training-tutorial.com/math-games.html)
free multiplication games (http://www.free-training-tutorial.com/times-tables-games.html)

Dante & Vergil
2010-10-21, 02:29 AM
Nice spell, if a little strong. Also, major thread necromancy.

Kuma Kode
2010-10-21, 02:35 AM
Yeah, judging by the sig and the totally irrelevant text, DrewBlay is a bot.