PDA

View Full Version : Foreshadowing! (Spoiler)

Thomar_of_Uointer
2007-03-15, 12:00 AM
Interesting idea on Redcloak's harshness with the fake Xykon here:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0422.html

Rich has done this before.

"Roy has boobies!", and Roy later suffers from the belt of gender changing.
"Oh my GODS, I cannot take even one more minute of your voice, Elan!", and then Elan is replaced by Nale.
"The only regret I'm going to have is not seeing the look on Miko's face when she finds out we escaped," and then their trial gets thrown anyways.

So, when Redcloak called Xykon's clone an "whiny crybaby sack of undead crap" (I'm betting a disguised ghoul), I wondered if this is a sign of things yet to come. We already know that Redcloak is submissive enough to Xykon for Xykon to trust him with strategy and his phylactery. However, we also can tell from the Miyazaki vs Redcloak duel and his comment of, "this is for you, mom", that Redcloak has very personal reasons to try to find all the gates, and quite possibly to destroy them too. We're not entirely sure what Xykon is planning on doing, but it's quite possibly (judging from the fact that Redcloak "accidentally" burned down one and apparently took it easy during their first battle with the Order) different from Redcloak's.

And so... I predict that Redcloak will have Xykon on a leash before this is through. Well, not literally, of course, but it's interesting to think about.

TARINunit9
2007-03-15, 12:03 AM
It turned out that it wasn't the real Xykon. Therefore, probably not.

Silverlocke980
2007-03-15, 12:22 PM
Your theory of how things go is... really great, actually! I don't know about Xykon, and I can't help but doubt it... but you, unlike 90% of the other forumgoers, have evidence that actually intrigues me, especially the "Roy has boobies!" bit.

May have to keep a look-out for this...