PDA

View Full Version : New Mind's Eye

CockroachTeaParty
2007-03-15, 02:05 AM
Well, after much waiting and anticipation, the WotC site released the newest bit of the Mind's Eye, continuing the expanded psionic class options.

Linky (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070314a)

In my opinion, this one's pretty weak. The last one was pretty cool, giving much needed boosts and cool options to the Wilder, Soulknife, and Psy Warrior. But these new ones seem... pointless.

I see little reason to sacrifice the bonus feats for these new abilities, most of which seem just for flavor.

Of all of them, I think the Egoist got the best new stuff. Having access to the Life mantle and getting an at-will changling-like ability is pretty nifty.

ZekeArgo
2007-03-15, 02:13 AM
Well, after much waiting and anticipation, the WotC site released the newest bit of the Mind's Eye, continuing the expanded psionic class options.

Linky (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070314a)

In my opinion, this one's pretty weak. The last one was pretty cool, giving much needed boosts and cool options to the Wilder, Soulknife, and Psy Warrior. But these new ones seem... pointless.

I see little reason to sacrifice the bonus feats for these new abilities, most of which seem just for flavor.

Of all of them, I think the Egoist got the best new stuff. Having access to the Life mantle and getting an at-will changling-like ability is pretty nifty.

The egoist is rather nice, and it isnt changling-like, the character essentially becomes a changling without all the weird backstory or requirement to be in the Eberron setting.

Energy Snap... meh. Useful for minor effects and flavor, but did they have to make it require the psionic focus? Greater Animator... eh, IIRC thats the psionic version of telekenesis? Kinda meh, but not horrid

Personal Space I could see as a useful RP ability, doubly so for an assassin or evil character, or a good character who wants to keep some backup gear/an important object safe. Temporal Grace is also kinda meh.

Worth the feats required? Doubtful, since most builds require a heavy feat expenditure, but it isn't bad if you don't care about being horrible sub-optimal (and even then, your playing a Psion and not a Wizard. 'Nuff said)

StickMan
2007-03-15, 03:09 PM
I really can't wait to see the one they do for shapers. I like all of them so far over all I do thing most of them should be a feat, with the exception of the energy thing thats kind of lame.

Fax Celestis
2007-03-15, 03:16 PM
Man, the nomad powers are nifty. Extra pocket storage space? Yes please. Ability to resist temporal deceleration and immobilizing effects? Sweetsauce.

MeklorIlavator
2007-03-15, 06:07 PM
I had a question about that. Do items in the extra dimensional space count for weight? I think the negative, but it would be made of awesome if yes.