PDA

View Full Version : Optimization [3.5] Negating Ability Damage - Wisdom.

D4rkh0rus
2014-10-05, 11:42 PM
Playing around with a incredi-cheese bard build that goes around toting 6 str, 10 dex, con - and 6 wisdom.... (Of which, pretty much everything will be keyed off Intellect or Charisma)

I need to find a way to gain immunity to Wisdom Damage, what do I mean by this? The build is necropolitan, so undead. Meaning immune to Ability drain and immune to Physical ability damage, of the mental skills, Int and Cha will be High, so If anything, Ability damage to those 2 will be annoying but not assuredly lethal.

What Can I do to make me immune to Ability damage on Wisdom?

Psyren
2014-10-05, 11:47 PM
Take the Bind Vestige feat, and bind Dahlver-Nar for his "Mad Soul" ability. You won't even need Binder levels to pull this off.

Troacctid
2014-10-06, 12:13 AM
You will also need Improved Bind Vestige. Side effects may include randomly staring into space and the inability to concentrate on anything for more than 6 seconds.

Necroticplague
2014-10-06, 04:58 AM
Try reading up on what you already have a little more. Under Constitution:

A creature with no Constitution has no body or no metabolism. It is immune to any effect that requires a Fortitude save unless the effect works on objects or is harmless. The creature is also immune to ability damage, ability drain, and energy drain, and automatically fails Constitution checks. A creature with no Constitution cannot tire and thus can run indefinitely without tiring (unless the creature’s description says it cannot run).
So you already have that immunity.

sleepyphoenixx
2014-10-06, 05:12 AM

Undead specifically are only immune to ability damage to their physical abilities. It's part of the undead type.

Necroticplague
2014-10-06, 05:30 AM
Undead specifically are only immune to ability damage to their physical abilities. It's part of the undead type.

I can see where it says undead are immune to damage to their physical abilities.I don't see anywhere where it says that that overrides the benefits of CON as a nonability, which include immunity to ability damage. Care to direct me to that statement? In absence of such, they have both. Useful if their type ever changes.

D4rkh0rus
2014-10-06, 09:11 AM

I see, thanks.

Inevitability
2014-10-06, 02:10 PM
*looks at thread full of interesting, RAW-legal, useful, well-considered answers*

Let's put something random here.

Be a Dream Element creature. :smalltongue:

D4rkh0rus
2014-10-06, 02:24 PM
Edit: Nvm, it was in the MM3

Necroticplague
2014-10-06, 02:39 PM
It's also listed here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm) under "nonabilities". Same thing in the glossary (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/glossary&term=Glossary_dnd_nonabilities&alpha=N).