PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Cannibalism Powers

Milo v3
2014-10-06, 08:31 AM
One of my players was wondering if he could play a character based around eating people, is there any mechanics like spells or archetypes at all that would allow them to implement eating stuff into their character?

Ettina
2014-10-06, 10:02 AM
Illithid Slayer (http://dndtools.eu/classes/illithid-savant/) - a mind flayer who gets powers from the guys whose brains xe eats.

Project_Mayhem
2014-10-06, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure how RAW it is, but if he plays a half-orc Summoner with the Synthesist and Blood God Disciple archetypes it might be possible. Blood God Disciple allows you to feed your Eidolon the flesh of creatures you have defeated for bonus evolution points, and the synthesist replaces your normal eidolon with one that you meld in to your own being.

All assuming the two abilities stack, of course.

Psyren
2014-10-06, 10:20 AM
Witch focused on the Cook People Hex?

Venger
2014-10-06, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure how RAW it is, but if he plays a half-orc Summoner with the Synthesist and Blood God Disciple archetypes it might be possible. Blood God Disciple allows you to feed your Eidolon the flesh of creatures you have defeated for bonus evolution points, and the synthesist replaces your normal eidolon with one that you meld in to your own being.

All assuming the two abilities stack, of course.

they stack (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner#TOC-Eidolon) since they don't require you to give up any of the same stuff, so you could be a synthesist blood god disciple, assuming you rolled half-orc, then you'd technically be eating people yourself.

Project_Mayhem
2014-10-06, 10:34 AM
My concern was that the Blood God Disciple specifies 'the eidolon must spend a standard action to eat some of the opponent'. Can it? The Synthesist text is a tad vague about it.

I'd probably allow it as a DM if I was allowing Synthesist anyway, as it's a pretty cool concept.

Oracle_of_Void
2014-10-06, 11:57 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/raging-cannibal-barbarian-archetype

Potential Barbarian archetype to consider.

ellindsey
2014-10-06, 12:02 PM
The Blood God Disciple Blood Feast ability only allows the Summoner to manifest abilities that his Eidolon already has. This would seem to me to be useless when combined with the Synthesist summoner, who is already able to use all the abilities his fused Eidolon has. The Bloody Gift ability, that allows the Summoner to grant those abilities to allies as well, might still be useful.

Necroticplague
2014-10-06, 12:14 PM
The Blood God Disciple Blood Feast ability only allows the Summoner to manifest abilities that his Eidolon already has. This would seem to me to be useless when combined with the Synthesist summoner, who is already able to use all the abilities his fused Eidolon has. The Bloody Gift ability, that allows the Summoner to grant those abilities to allies as well, might still be useful.

Yes, but some evolutions can be taken multiple times, so you could use Blood Feast to gain more of such abilities (i.e, if you have more limbs than claws, but you have both, you can evolve more claws).

Zubrowka74
2014-10-06, 12:14 PM
Blood Transcription (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/blood-transcription)? More like a vampire but it's still consuming parts of a sentient being.

DrKerosene
2014-10-06, 12:25 PM
There is a feat called Scavenging Gullet from Lords of Madness. You gain +4 Fort vs ingested poisons and diseases (from spoiled food) and can eat ANY ORGANIC MATTER.

Combine that with the Poison Healer feat from...Fiendish Codex 1? to heal +CON hp on a successful save vs. poison (this includes weak ale at Fort DC 10 I believe).

Both these feats require a pre-requisite each, so that's 4 feats, unless you can get Great Fortitude/Aberration Blood for free somehow. But you can heal to full outside of battle as long as you've got free poisons.

I'm pretty sure the BoVD has extra diseases and rules. In any case I recommend contracting Kuru if possible. Nothing like laughing hysterically/maniacally after eating a person.

I've tried looking for anything undead related, but I've found nothing other than a Large+ creature having the Swallow Whole (Ex) ability.

Edit: He might need a natural Bite Attack if he ever wants to use it in combat, as the -4 to hit and AoO might make normal bite attempts really unfun.

Venger
2014-10-06, 12:34 PM
There is a feat called Scavenging Gullet from Lords of Madness. You gain +4 Fort vs ingested poisons and diseases (from spoiled food) and can eat ANY ORGANIC MATTER.

Combine that with the Poison Healer feat from...Fiendish Codex 1? to heal +CON hp on a successful save vs. poison (this includes weak ale at Fort DC 10 I believe).

Both these feats require a pre-requisite each, so that's 4 feats, unless you can get Great Fortitude/Aberration Blood for free somehow. But you can heal to full outside of battle as long as you've got free poisons.

I'm pretty sure the BoVD has extra diseases and rules. In any case I recommend contracting Kuru if possible. Nothing like laughing hysterically/maniacally after eating a person.

I've tried looking for anything undead related, but I've found nothing other than a Large+ creature having the Swallow Whole (Ex) ability.

I don't know if that stuff exists in pathfinder, but it'd be lulzy if it did.

poison healer activates with any fort save. it is indeed from FC1. easiest way is to carry a small snake around with you so you're guarunteed to make the fort save. there are no stats for kuru, unfortunately.

for swallow whole, there's always gape of the serpent rogue

Extra Anchovies
2014-10-06, 12:42 PM
for swallow whole, there's always gape of the serpent rogue

Hm? What's that? I can find the feat Gape of the Serpent, but it requires already having Swallow Whole to begin with.

Venger
2014-10-06, 12:45 PM
Hm? What's that? I can find the feat Gape of the Serpent, but it requires already having Swallow Whole to begin with.

it's an old joke. for the rogue special ability, you're allowed to pick a feat. it doesn't say you have to meet the prereqs for said feat, so whenever there's some annoyingly inaccesible feat (such as gape of the serpent) it's fun to say "just use rogue special ability"