PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming D&D Publications?

randomodo
2014-10-06, 09:12 AM
I can't get to the WotC website at work, but the last time I looked at it, I don't recall them listing any pending D&D publications beyond the PH, MM, and DMG (plus the Kobold-written Dragon Queen adventures).

Have they released any info on setting sourcebooks, splatbooks, or other adventures yet?

[edit: my assumption, based on 30 page views and no responses, is that they have yet to announce a 2015 product release schedule just yet]

neovenator250
2014-10-06, 09:50 PM
I can't get to the WotC website at work, but the last time I looked at it, I don't recall them listing any pending D&D publications beyond the PH, MM, and DMG (plus the Kobold-written Dragon Queen adventures).

Have they released any info on setting sourcebooks, splatbooks, or other adventures yet?

[edit: my assumption, based on 30 page views and no responses, is that they have yet to announce a 2015 product release schedule just yet]

If they've announced anything, I haven't heard about it

Chaosvii7
2014-10-06, 10:45 PM
They don't have a full spread of products for 2015 yet, but they outsourced a splatbook and an adventure module to Sasquatch Games (http://www.sasquatchgamestudio.com/) - the next story season is Elemental-Evil themed, and is coming in early 2015. I don't know if they're gonna put them up on the website, but we do know that they're coming.

No word on any other books besides what WotC has mentioned and those two books.

EDIT: Here's (http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?1846-Sasquatch-Studios-Will-Produce-ADVENTURER-s-HANDBOOK-and-PRINCES-OF-THE-APOCALYPSE-for-D-D-5E-in-2015!#.VDNh8RawRSR) an ENWorld article on the books, the Adventurer's Handbook and the Princes of the Apocalypse module Their MO seems to be to rebuild the 3rd party community by having them actually produce products in conjunction, which frankly is an amazing method of doing things. It really makes it feel like a more collaborative art form that way.

Beleriphon
2014-10-06, 11:06 PM
EDIT: Here's (http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?1846-Sasquatch-Studios-Will-Produce-ADVENTURER-s-HANDBOOK-and-PRINCES-OF-THE-APOCALYPSE-for-D-D-5E-in-2015!#.VDNh8RawRSR) an ENWorld article on the books, the Adventurer's Handbook and the Princes of the Apocalypse module Their MO seems to be to rebuild the 3rd party community by having them actually produce products in conjunction, which frankly is an amazing method of doing things. It really makes it feel like a more collaborative art form that way.

Also, my understanding is that the Adventurer's Handbook and the Princes of the Apocalypse will be linked. Essentially the Adventurer's Handbook functions as a source of material for all players, but specifically tied to the Princes of the Apocalypse module.

Freelance GM
2014-10-08, 01:13 PM
I'm foreseeing a Dragonlance reboot.

The current plot arc is about dragons.
The PHB mentions Dragonlance with surprising frequency.
Kender were in the playtest.
Lord Soth got special mention in the Monster Manual.
The setting hasn't seen the light of day since 2nd Edition.
The rarity of magic items in Dragonlance fits the smaller amount available in 5E so far.

Jeraa
2014-10-08, 01:40 PM
I'm foreseeing a Dragonlance reboot.

The current plot arc is about dragons.
The PHB mentions Dragonlance with surprising frequency.
Kender were in the playtest.
Lord Soth got special mention in the Monster Manual.
The setting hasn't seen the light of day since 2nd Edition.
The rarity of magic items in Dragonlance fits the smaller amount available in 5E so far.

Considering the default setting is now Forgotten Realms, it will probably be a while before we do get something for Dragonlance. Forgotten Realms stuff would come first.