PDA

View Full Version : How to get back into posting?

TherianTheorist
2014-10-06, 10:29 AM
Okay, going to try and keep this short and on-the-rails, college finals week ate my free time I normally use to go online, and after that, there was a family vacation during the break, and I couldn't post anything. Here's where my problem starts. I felt so bad about not posting that I avoided coming here, and that only made me feel worse, even when I tried coming back, I ended up doing it again. Any ideas how I can break this cycle and enjoy the forum again?

-Signed, the guy who's name no longer fits him.

Ps: If you were in the Rp's I fell out of, I leave you an apologetic tilde~

Aedilred
2014-10-06, 12:28 PM
I don't see why there's any real need to feel guilty about not posting. It's a shame if it happens in the middle of a game, but these things happen and everyone (well, everyone reasonable) understands that. Why not just choose some topics that look interesting and reply to those? If nothing catches the eye, then don't.

Killer Angel
2014-10-06, 03:20 PM
I felt so bad about not posting that I avoided coming here, and that only made me feel worse, even when I tried coming back, I ended up doing it again. Any ideas how I can break this cycle and enjoy the forum again?

Imagine that you finally see one of your old friends that starts posting again after a long break. What would be your reaction? "Geez, aren't you late, what do you want?" or "Great, I'm happy to see you again!"?
Because, frankly, the second one would be mine. So, don't worry, you are welcome. :smallsmile:

Haruki-kun
2014-10-06, 05:22 PM
Just start posting again. :smalltongue: Really, pretend you never left.

If you had any games going on that you fell out of PM the DM and/or your fellow players and ask them what happened while you were gone, whether you're still in the game, etc. You don't have to feel guilty about it, but a quick "sorry for the disappearance" isn't bad, either.

BaronOfHell
2014-10-06, 06:48 PM
If minor stuff fails, dedicate yourself.

TherianTheorist
2014-10-08, 09:41 AM
Thank you for being so encouraging. I should have tried harder to stay here in the first place.

I'll have to start small, first goal, visiting the forum twice a week and posting at least every other visit, I can build up from there.

RabbitHoleLost
2014-10-08, 09:55 AM
I know how hard it can be - I stopped posting here regularly a few years ago, and, aside from a random post in SMBG or here in FB, that was really it
Sometimes, you just need to take a break, wait til the right moment and then hop right back in
I bet people will be glad to see you back and there's always new friends to make :smallsmile:

Jay R
2014-10-09, 08:25 PM
Just read the forum. That's entertaining enough.

If you find something you feel a desire to reply to, then you won't need help posting again. And if you don't, then there's no need to.