PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Dragon Cohort.

D4rkh0rus
2014-10-06, 05:59 PM
So, I'm thinking of taking this feat, I would get a dragon right? Would it be able to gain class levels? if so, what are some good classes for a dragon?

Bad Wolf
2014-10-06, 06:27 PM
So, I'm thinking of taking this feat, I would get a dragon right? Would it be able to gain class levels? if so, what are some good classes for a dragon?

I have no idea about class levels, but if it is right, pick sorcerer. I don't really see a reason for anything else. It stacks with natural spellcasting, getting you 9th level spells while you have something else, like Fighter or Paladin. And most dragons have fairly decent Charisma scores, so I don't see why not.

WhamBamSam
2014-10-06, 08:27 PM
You would indeed get a dragon for your cohort, with its ECL reduced to the point of being more or less reasonable. It would also indeed be able to take class levels. Do note however, that your DM may not allow Leadership analogues like Draconic Cohort.

As for what variety of dragon you might want, and what classes you might want it to take, I like to think that the handbook in my sig is a pretty good resource for that purpose.