PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a new 3.5 lich template!

Xar Zarath
2014-10-07, 01:02 AM
Hey all. I need some help with creating a new template. A lich but instead of dying and becoming undead, something of a living lich...like being able do living things can do but able to retreat into a phylactery and being unkillable.

Pros: You're still human and alive and lack undead weakness, phylactery, can possesses living bodies or clones (magic jar but living only)

Cons: Not undead and don't gain their immunities, don't have undead powers, need to possess living bodies (either comatose, sort of like magic jar spell)

What sort of abilities would go well with a lich that breathes and lives like a normal mortal being?

At-will Deathwatch? (since you're infused with living energy, you can sense those that are alive and stuff?)

Some sort of gaze attack?

Healing touch?

It would be great if you could include a few powers that come with the condition of being a living lich. Thanks all!

Debihuman
2014-10-07, 06:44 AM
I think you should first address the reason the lich template exists. The purpose of the lich is to attain immortality. The problem with creating a living lich is that you need to find a way to cheat death with it without becoming another Type. Once you have addressed that, then we can help with the details.

Debby

Xar Zarath
2014-10-08, 04:37 AM
I was hoping to create a lich that was categorically not-undead, invulnerability via phylactery without having to suffer undeath with all the perks of living...