PDA

View Full Version : [Feat]Blade Slip & Improved Blade Slip (PEACH)

That Lanky Bugger
2007-03-15, 10:43 AM
Two feats I thought up for the melee-types.

Blade Slip (General)
Prerequisites: Dex 13+, Weapon Focus, BAB +6
Benefit: When making a melee attack with a weapon for which you have Weapon Focus as anything but a Full Attack*, you may make a second attack at -5 if your first attack does not hit.
Special: Any conditional modifiers beneficial to the character's attack, such as the bonuses due to a charge attack, are effectively spent in the first attack and do not apply towards the second attack.
Normal: You may only make one attack during a standard action.
*try saying that three times fast. I dare you

Improved Blade Slip (General)
Prerequisites: Dex 17+, BAB +11, Blade Slip
Benefit: When making a melee attack with a weapon for which you have Weapon Focus as anything but a Full Attack, you may make a second attack at -5.
Special: Any conditional modifiers beneficial to the character's attack, such as the bonuses due to a charge attack, are effectively spent in the first attack and do not apply towards the second attack.

Just a pair of feats I thought might be interesting. The first represents you striking at a foe, and then turning that miss into a feint for a real attack. The second takes it a step further, allowing you to hit the foe once and then again on a backswing (or something similar).

Fax Celestis
2007-03-15, 10:57 AM
So can I use Improved Blade Slip during a full attack?

jlousivy
2007-03-15, 10:59 AM
from what it looks like i'd almost say weapon finese instead of blade slip, but i like the idea alot. However I'd make blade slip BAB 6+ otherwise pretty much everyone would want it because then you get two chances to hit instead of one (granted 1 max hit)--- does this also apply to AoO? (i don't think it should)

edit: fax no you can't it says during a standard action

Orzel
2007-03-15, 11:02 AM
The prereqs are too light but it is good for a feat. As it is, every person with a melee weapon would want and take Blade Slip.

That Lanky Bugger
2007-03-15, 11:26 AM
Alright, I clarified the wording for Improved Blade Slip and changed Blade Slip so that it requires a BAB of +6.

Fax, essentially you get to make a second attack if the first misses with Blade Slip. Improved Blade Slip means you get to make the second attack regardless of whether or not you miss with your first attack.

Fax Celestis
2007-03-15, 11:32 AM
Gotcha. Exactly what I wanted to hear.

Fade
2007-03-16, 12:03 PM
The wording is a bit... Confusing. I'm sure most people can figure out after a while, but you may want to simplify it a little bit.