PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Control/Debuff Archivist Build Help

Chaosvii7
2014-10-07, 04:59 AM
I've got a character coming up for an evil campaign and well I was previously sold on a DMM summoner, I'm starting to find that idea less and less enticing and would rather devote the build towards doing some more active stuff than "Okay I'm gonna drop a whole crowd of monsters, pull out a magazine, lay back and watch the fight from here!" I decided that I wanted to be the guy who was making his enemies pathetically weak, because it gives me a greater active involvement than having to divert every challenge thrown at me with summoned monsters.

Only thing I know is definite about the build is the ability scores and that I'm starting as a 1st level Archivist. Every other detail of the build is open to suggestion and interpretation. Race(human right now), full build, spell selection, feats, what have you.

The DM is familiar with high-end optimization shenanigans(I played a Sublime Chord gish in the last campaign he ran) so as long as I understand how it works we'll be good to go. Only serious restriction is that I really don't want to use Nightsticks unless I absolutely have to, but DMM shenanigans in general are totally a-okay.

I rolled really well for my ability score array:

STR 10
DEX 16
CON 16
INT 16
WIS 13
CHA 15

The only feat I know I have and need is Academic Priest(the good version), so I've got 1 feat slot free for 1st level that I absolutely need and then the rest are all up in the air.

Any other character details you want and need, let me know. Otherwise, feel free to barrage me with suggestions of how to be the best debuffer I can be.

Martimus Prime
2014-10-07, 12:21 PM
One of my buddies is currently playing a kobold archivist splashing psion (telepath) and thrallherd for battlefield control. Find a way to theurge this. You can suppress the display of psionic effects with a skill check, and you don't lose those abilities with magic jar, which means he can infiltrate an enemy group and start dominating them without ever exposing himself to danger (my hide-in-plain-sight skillmonkey holds onto his corpse and crystal while he's "away"). Throw in ego whips (midnight augmentation lol), dark knowledge, and debuff spells (eschew materials) when someone in the enemy group simply cannot be possessed or dominated; otherwise, proceed to walk an entire group of enemies back to camp to use as cannon fodder or sacrifice them to your dark god with that epic knowledge (religion).

Edited for clarity.