PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Needing Help with Xen'drik(Eberron)

RolandDeschain
2014-10-07, 11:21 AM
Anybody have any information or links to the Throne Gate Ruins or The Obsidian City? Or am I on my own in terms of 'working up' what my adventurers might encounter.

RolandDeschain
2014-10-07, 07:08 PM
too generic? not enough information to go on?

ok, so the other DM in our campaign dropped our party off in Stormreach, but we only had 24 hours before a massive siege of the city began. now we've been dumped out into the wilds. I'm trying to read the Secrets of Xen'drik right now to prepare for taking over the DM role Friday. On the map I simply noted that The Throne Gate Ruins and the Obsidian City would be the first couple of 'sites' we will come across. I don't know if there is any printed info on these sites, or if it's simply left 'open' for interpretation...

any thoughts, idea, links, sources, or customized stuff would be greatly appreciated

Venger
2014-10-07, 07:29 PM
too generic? not enough information to go on?

ok, so the other DM in our campaign dropped our party off in Stormreach, but we only had 24 hours before a massive siege of the city began. now we've been dumped out into the wilds. I'm trying to read the Secrets of Xen'drik right now to prepare for taking over the DM role Friday. On the map I simply noted that The Throne Gate Ruins and the Obsidian City would be the first couple of 'sites' we will come across. I don't know if there is any printed info on these sites, or if it's simply left 'open' for interpretation...

any thoughts, idea, links, sources, or customized stuff would be greatly appreciated

it would help if you could give more detail about what exactly you'd like.

I've got secrets of xen'drik as well as all the other eberron books and I don't see anything about "throne gate ruins" or "obsidian city" in any of the likely suspects (five nations, dragonmarked, eberron explorer's handbook)

this probably means you're supposed to just freestyle it.

with that in mind, was that what you needed help with? did you need combat encounters? story ideas? some stuff you needed to reconcile? other things?

eberron explorer's handbook is pretty great for adventure hooks and making exploration of the five nations fun and interesting, plus it's got a ton of information about xen'drik and its history and culture and stuff in it, as does five nations.

RolandDeschain
2014-10-07, 07:52 PM
Well, the party needs to travel from Stormreach to the Tempest Spine, and they probably need to do so overland, and I'm really just looking for information on the setting and these sites in particular. They're on the map, but other than that I don't see any details about them. If I'm supposed to free lance them, that's fine, I was just wondering if there was any printed material or links people had.

Venger
2014-10-07, 08:05 PM
Well, the party needs to travel from Stormreach to the Tempest Spine, and they probably need to do so overland, and I'm really just looking for information on the setting and these sites in particular. They're on the map, but other than that I don't see any details about them. If I'm supposed to free lance them, that's fine, I was just wondering if there was any printed material or links people had.

they, specifically, aren't statted out. if you look at the map on page 24, you'll see that is jungle and a large amount of mountains between stormreach and tempest spine. at tempest spine proper, there's a volcano. as you move on in the book, you see a variety of maps and suggested playtips/environmental hazards laid out for you, for example the very challenging "volcanic fields" map on page 46. you've never played "the floor is lava" quite like this.

so if you just go through the book, you can find all kinds of stuff like this that'll help you figure out what your party does in between leaving point A and getting to point B. also check out eberron explorer's handbook which gives a lot of tips on how to make the travel/exploration part of the game fun, which I never thought was possible til I read it.