View Full Version : Ways to Take 20 on a Bluff Check

Jett Midknight
2014-10-07, 03:40 PM
Hello, I am currently working on a character who is able to lie his way out of anything. I am currently sitting with a fair high bluff and with a good ole dose of Glibness I'll be even higher. However I was wondering if there is any way that I can take a 20 on a Bluff check. Is there any items or spell that could help with this? It doesn't have to be specific to Bluff. A way to take a 20 on any one roll would work as well.

malonkey1
2014-10-07, 03:43 PM
Hello, I am currently working on a character who is able to lie his way out of anything. I am currently sitting with a fair high bluff and with a good ole dose of Glibness I'll be even higher. However I was wondering if there is any way that I can take a 20 on a Bluff check. Is there any items or spell that could help with this? It doesn't have to be specific to Bluff. A way to take a 20 on any one roll would work as well.

The best I can think of is anything that gives you Skill mastery (take 10) in Bluff, such as the Exemplar from Complete Adventurer.

Troacctid
2014-10-07, 03:48 PM
Taking 20 is not possible, but taking 10 is easy enough if you can bind Naberius. All you need is 4 ranks in Bluff (or any Knowledge or Profession skill) and either a level in Binder or the Bind Vestige and Practiced Binder feats.

Jett Midknight
2014-10-07, 04:18 PM
Any ways that are in Pathfinder?

Asrrin
2014-10-07, 05:19 PM
Guidance of the Avatar will give a +20 competence bonus to any one check, but I can't find any way to treat a dice roll as a 20.

a bunch of ways to take 10, a single way I know of to take 15 (for a Concentration check by expending psionic focus), but no ways I know to take 20 aside from what's in the SRD.

Psyren
2014-10-07, 05:23 PM
In PF, Skill Mastery will work with Bluff, and then you can just apply Glibness on top of that, and other buffs like boosting your Charisma.

However, note that you can't necessarily lie your way out of everything:

Note that some lies are so improbable that it is impossible to convince anyone that they are true (subject to GM discretion).

Beardbarian
2014-10-07, 05:27 PM
Surge of Fortune (Complete Champion) Cleric 5 spell