PDA

View Full Version : Favored Soul vs. Cleric of Bane.

Starchild7309
2014-10-07, 04:20 PM
Our favored soul of Bane will be getting a new companion as we have a new player. He wants to do a Cleric of Bane, but I was curious how their relationship would be?

I know there is animosity between wizards and sorcerers since one naturally cast spells and the other works hard for the ability.

Any thoughts on this?

fishyfishyfishy
2014-10-07, 11:12 PM
That's really up to the players to decide. They could easily role play it several ways. Both rivalry and camaraderie make sense. It also depends on how favored souls are viewed in the setting and what their interaction with clergy are. I can see various clergy looking at favored souls in both a positive and a negative light.

In my campaign I try to gently encourage conflict, as it makes for a good story. But my players are also ok with this and enjoy that aspect of the game.

Extra Anchovies
2014-10-07, 11:39 PM
I feel like a Cleric would feel a mix of jealousy, annoyance, and grudging respect for a Favored Soul. After all, the Favored Soul:

was chosen to be a direct conduit of the deity's power, rather than starting out as a worshipper and eventually gaining power (jealousy)
didn't do any work to gain their divine power (annoyance)
is nonetheless a direct conduit of the god's power (grudging respect)