PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Metaphysical Spellshaper

EdRed
2014-10-07, 04:35 PM
Good evening fellow Playgrounders,
i have some questions about the abilities of the Metaphysical Spellshaper (Yeah - that one PrC)
This basically boils down to two questions regarding those abilites:

1. Can Metamagic Manipulation be used to apply more than one metamagic effect to a spell?

2. Does the third level Capstone reduce the cost by one for every metamagic effect applied (Like the incantatrix's capstone does) or by a total of one regardless of the number of metamagic effects applied?
The confusion about the second question might be mostly due to english not being my native language.

I wasn't sure whether i'm allowed to quote the actual text of the class description for reference.

Best regards,

Yael
2014-10-07, 09:17 PM
My copy says the book is compliant with the OGL v1.0a, so I don't think there's that much problem when quoting, but let's give it the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, the very Su: Metamagic Manipulation entry gives out an example of a 7th-level caster (4th level spells available) trying to cast an Enlarged Maximized Fireball (modified spell level to 7th; base 3, enlarge +1, maximize +3), so when taking the difference damage, he is available to cast the 7th level spell (he takes 3 ability damage as he is able to cast it as a 4th level spell). That's how I see it, correct me if I'm wrong.

Metamagic Mastery is practically doing the same Incantatrix's capstone does; reducing the final metamagic cost to...
...all metamagic feats applied to a spell. Emphasis mine.
By the looks, both stack, but MpSh would have a minimum of adjustment equal to the number of metamagic feats applied (+2 for two metamagics, and so on), just as Incantatrix does.

Hope this helps :S

EdRed
2014-10-08, 01:40 PM
My copy says the book is compliant with the OGL v1.0a, so I don't think there's that much problem when quoting, but let's give it the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, the very Su: Metamagic Manipulation entry gives out an example of a 7th-level caster (4th level spells available) trying to cast an Enlarged Maximized Fireball (modified spell level to 7th; base 3, enlarge +1, maximize +3), so when taking the difference damage, he is available to cast the 7th level spell (he takes 3 ability damage as he is able to cast it as a 4th level spell). That's how I see it, correct me if I'm wrong.

Metamagic Mastery is practically doing the same Incantatrix's capstone does; reducing the final metamagic cost to... Emphasis mine.
By the looks, both stack, but MpSh would have a minimum of adjustment equal to the number of metamagic feats applied (+2 for two metamagics, and so on), just as Incantatrix does.

Hope this helps :S

It sure does, thanks!