PDA

View Full Version : IC: The Proud Kingdoms

herodofcows
2014-10-07, 08:48 PM
You stand arrayed beside the seat of the wizard Asakhi, gazing out upon the assembled High Council of the Zenith Confederacy. You'd been washed and polished and coached to perfection. Today, Asakhi had proclaimed as you'd marched into the Magistrature, you must set aside your roles as avengers for the sake of being ornaments. A poor exchange, I know, but sometimes a necessary one for nobility . . .

You've lived in Eaglescythe, the unofficial capital of the Confederacy, for the past six years after a close call with assassins had driven you from your mountain hideout along the border. The heavy warm air and the perpetual gray skies clash unpleasantly with your memories of the cool breezes of the Proud Kingdoms, and the brassy bazaars and basalt grandeur of its thoroughfares and plazas give way unpleasantly to cluttered alleyways and winding sidestreets. Asakhi has been sure to keep you all out of sight, but the price of safety has very often been comfort.

But today, it'll all be worth it. After years of politicking, Asakhi has managed to secure enough votes within the Confederate High Council to send you back to the Proud Kingdoms at the head of an army. With Asakhi's magic and fifty thousand pledged swords, you'll finally be able to go home and reclaim your kingdom.

". . . to think the excesses of Lady Paean will stop merely at the border of the once-Proud Kingdoms would be a nadir of folly beyond what I would expect of the merest child. Therefore, to suppose that the wise High Council would do anything other than hasten her end would be EQUAL folly . . ."

Asakhi has been electric, feverish, euphoric all morning. There's a spring in his step that's out of place with his usual crotchety manic self, and he's swung between ebullience, confidence, and panic at least seven times today. But now, sitting at the foot of the council table, he is magnetic.

". . . behind me, the final scions of TRUE Proud Kingdom nobility stand, asking merely the chance to . . ."

The sun is shining redly through the tinted glass windows at the back of the room, so it's hard to see the reactions of the delegates, but judging by their postures, many are certainly listening. You feel a sudden rush of excitement. It's happening! At long last, IT'S HAPPENING!

". . . I would therefore advise, with all the authority that my mastery of the arcane and my former position grants me by right, that you-

A shatter of glass.

An arrow buzzes through the air.

A distinct SQUELCH.

And in the brief seconds of shock before the panic sets in, the unfiltered sunlight shines through the shattered glass pane and directly onto the fountain of blood that spurts ceaselessly from Asakhi's throat.

Here's the map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/147eQzoEeGQEET3mq40WdnFBMBtRmLzW7udUF5LTLJOI/edit#gid=0)! Position yourselves anywhere between H2-H3 to N2-N3. Welcome!

GPuzzle
2014-10-07, 09:02 PM
Encounter: Charm of Misplaced Wrath.

Daily: Sleep.

Elran's at I2.

"Well, crap. Quick, delegates, hide under the table!

Erlan takes a step towards Asakhi and kneels down:
"We'll never repay you for what you've done for us. Thank you. Thank you."

firstclassmail
2014-10-07, 09:34 PM
Iados Inuan (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1028391)

The sudden spray of glass surprises Inuan so much that he ducks behind Ashaki's chair. He glances around quickly, and seeing the other delegates standing there screams at them, "Down!"

Behind him, he can hear Ashaki's gurgled breaths and the screams of those in the room. Grabbing his greatspear tightly he peers around the chair nervously to see if he can heal Ashaki's wounds.

SaintRidley
2014-10-07, 10:54 PM
"Someone heal him!" Inma shouts as she jumps up and walks down the table a little ways, drawing her sword as she goes. (was at L2, but Inma is a little impulsive).

She puts her hand over her eyes and tries to see where the assassin came from.

[roll0]

Added a tokens sheet to the map so we could use our pictures as tokens. To make your token, select the square to the right of your character's name on the token sheet and type in =image("URL",2) then right click the picture and select to name the range. Then do it again to protect the range. Now you can type =Name in on the battlegrid and get your picture in your space.

Inma's prepared daily spell for the day is Frost Backlash.

Bluydee
2014-10-08, 06:47 AM
Valderas never cared for this type of politics, involving conversation and diplomacy. Politics were when you brilliantly outmaneuver your enemy and completely crush his resources.

Then a glass embedded itself in Asakhi's throat.

Damn it. That put a hole in a number of his plans. Asakhi's wasn't supposed to die yet.

He drew his sword, on the alert for the attacker.

I'll be at M2. I draw my sword, and activate my battle wrath stance.

herodofcows
2014-10-09, 01:15 AM
In the glare of the sun, you can't make out anything of use.

As the shock drains away, isolated shocked screams come out from the delegates, many of whom run for the door. Asakhi twitches spasmodically, clawing at his throat with glowing hands that spark erratically. The arrow removes itself, and his flesh slowly begins to knit together . . .

Abruptly, the heavy oak doors go flying open with a resounding crash.

"What's UP, motherf***ers?"

A well-muscled shifter comes swaggering through the door, twirling two blades with impressive dexterity. Behind him, you see four hooded unsavory types, armed with bow and staff and swords. The shifter speaks breezily, but his gait is coiled, deadly, like a predator.

"Sorry to bust in like this, but I-am-heeeeere to send a MESSAGE. Message reads: Nobody, but NOBODY, tries to f*** Lady Paean. Xoxo, kisses, the Shifter Squad. Message ends."

He shoots a wicked smile at everybody in the room, and twitches his blades together in such a way as to send a ringing shhhhhhING echoing through the room.

"SO!" he purrs, showing much more tooth than a grin might normally entail, "Who's first?"

Roll Initiative

Initiative for Enemies

Shifter: [roll0]
Hood 1: [roll1]
Hood 2: [roll2]
Hood 3: [roll3]
Hood 4: [roll4]

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/147eQzoEeGQEET3mq40WdnFBMBtRmLzW7udUF5LTLJOI/edit#gid=0)

GPuzzle
2014-10-09, 04:36 AM
"Well, this is not good. Not at all. Calm, Elran, keep calm. Take the initiative, for once."

Elran takes a step forward.

"Me. I'm next."

Elran moves to I9.

Initiative: [roll0]

firstclassmail
2014-10-09, 06:27 PM
Seeing Asakhi's wounds start to heal, Iados looks confidently at his attackers.

"If we can fight long enough, it might be possible for Asakhi to help us, if not...", Iados thinks to himself as he quickly glances for other exits. He calms his mind for battle.

Initiative roll [roll0]

SaintRidley
2014-10-09, 08:13 PM
[roll0]

Inma looks at the head intruder. Mine, she thinks.

herodofcows
2014-10-09, 08:40 PM
The shifter sizes up Elran, and raises a single eyebrow.

"What, you? A puffed up noble, thinking you're all tough and s***? Nah, I don't kill people like you," he smirks, stepping back, "I have interns to do it for me. INTERNS! Do it for me!"

The hooded figures surge in, weaving through the terrified delegates.

One runs up and throws a dagger hard at Inma, drawn blade in the other hand. "Take them, you maggots! No quarter!" he roars.

The second paces along the door, flail at the ready to defend. "Come at me, you nancy rich prisses!" a gruff woman's voice growls.

The third quicksteps inward and silently fires an arrow at Valderas.

The fourth charges in, brandishing his staff like a maniac. The staff sizzles with lightning as it smashes brutally into the pate of one of the delegate, who shrieks as he falls. The hooded figure laughs uncouthly as the delegates panic.

The shifter shakes his head disapprovingly.

"Now, Guika, what did I say? Did I say kill the delegates? I don't think I said that, did I, Guika?"

Hood 1: Paces in and throws a knife at Inma: Attack vs. AC, [roll0], Damage on hit: [roll1] (Edit: That's a crit, but it's also pretty much what you would've taken anyway! Damn . . .
Hood 2: Moves along the wall. Takes the Total Defense action.
Hood 3: Moves in and fires an arrow at Valderas. Attack vs. AC, [roll2], Damage on hit: [roll3]
Hood 4: Moves in and kills a delegate.

Shifter: Delays his turn.

Bluydee
2014-10-09, 08:53 PM
Valderas gave the invaders a glare. Impudent maggots. How undignified. He was going to enjoy wiping that smirk off the shifter's face. He tilted his head to the side, sidestepping the arrow with less than a thought, before moving in front of them.

Move to position M7, after Elran and Inma act.

GPuzzle
2014-10-09, 09:02 PM
"That's right, Guika, how about killing your own teammates?"

With a series of dramatic gestures, Elran tries to overpower the mind of his foes.

Cast Charm of Misplaced Wrath on Guika, sliding him to T10, next to the Shifter, and making an attack against it with a +2 bonus to hit.

[roll0] vs Will, in case hits, Guika is dazed.

Action Point, cast Sleep on all of them.

[roll1] vs Will
[roll2] vs Will
[roll3] vs Will
[roll4] vs Will
[roll5] vs Will

In case it hits, they're slowed (save ends), first failed saving throw and they're unconcious (save ends) instead.

SaintRidley
2014-10-09, 10:28 PM
Damn, that hurt.

Inma hops down from the table. These guys are quick, and they hit hard. She holds her sword out and lashes the nearby hood and brings him toward her.

Lightning Lure [roll0] vs. Fort and [roll1] lightning damage. On a hit, I bring him to N8 and mark him with my Aegis of assault.

She looks over at Valderas. "Lend a girl a hand, will you?"

Sartharina
2014-10-09, 11:38 PM
"So you've come to vent your frustrations on us?" Sartharina teased the Shifter after his flamboyant entry, turning his message around as she watched his movements carefully. She carried herself with a regal gait and poise despite her quick stride, drawing her sword and stabbing it at the first of the thugs in her way.

Battlefront Shift+Movement should get me where I'm putting myself, and then I'm stabbing Thug 1 with Intuitive Strike.
[roll0] vs. Will.
[roll1] damage, and anyone who strikes him with Combat Advantage gets a +2 Power bonus to the attack roll as well, according to errata. Otherwise, it's +5 instead of the +2 for Combat Advantage without said Errata)

firstclassmail
2014-10-10, 05:47 PM
Iados quickly springs to action and moves forward lashing out at the enemy Sartharina is battling, his spear poking in towards the hooded figure. With the attack comes intense thoughts of woe and despair.

Move: to N6
Standard Action: Demoralizing Strike
To hit: [roll0]
Damage if hit: [roll1]
Effects if hit: -2 to all defenses until the end of my next turn

herodofcows
2014-10-11, 07:25 PM
The delegates run for the door and the shifter springs into action. It's like watching a skilled butcher, if that butcher cherished a secret desire to dance professionally. In a few grim, graceful seconds, six councilmembers are gurgling their life's breath away at his feet. The shifter reaches down and cuts himself off a piece of one tiefling delegate's flank and begins chewing.

"I know tiefling meat is bad for you raw," he remarks to nobody in particular, "But you gotta eat what tastes good every now and again. It's the little things, you know . . ."

He slurps down something squishy and points accusingly at Guika.

"See, THIS is why I said not touch the delegates, Guika! Papa Ash gotta treat hisself when River ain't here to be a control freak!"

Meanwhile, the dagger-throwing hood is having a hard time. First he finds himself fighting fatigue thanks to Elran's lightning-fast spellcasting, and NOW he finds himself neatly sandwiched between two badass ladies whose sole purpose seems to be grievous bodily harm to his person. Snarling, he takes a swipe at Inma, dances swiftly away, and throws a dagger at Satharina.

"Come on, you sumb****es!" he roars out, "I'm ready for ya!"

Hood 1 makes a longsword attack vs. Inma's AC: [roll0], Damage on a hit [roll1]
Shifts down two squares, and then
Makes a thrown dagger attack at Satharina's AC: [roll2], Damage on a hit [roll3]

I assume a certain someone's Aegis will make this problematic for him? ;)

The hooded man/woman with the bow staggers as the sleep charm begins to take hold, but manages to fire another arrow at Valderas before attempting to move over to Guika. They quickly collapse to the ground, snoring.

Before moving, attacks Valderas again. [roll4] vs. AC, [roll5] on a hit.

Guika laughs off Elran's attempt at mind control. Focusing in on himself, he roars out some arcane syllables, and Satharina finds herself blasted with telekinetic force trying to push her over to the door.

Telekinetic attack vs. Satharina: [roll6] vs. Fort, [roll7] force damage on a hit, and you're slid over to R8 on a hit.

Finally, the woman near the door attempts to charge Valderas, flail swinging like mad for his head as she screams with a feral tone. Alas, she discovers that she's quickly losing a battle against drowsiness, and her roar quickly becomes a mumble . . . and then she gracelessly sinks to the ground, fast asleep.

Aside from movement . . . None! She can't reach you!

And amidst all this, hidden by the chaos, Asakhi is nearly healed . . .

firstclassmail
2014-10-11, 08:52 PM
Iados, seeing Sarathina become injured from the attacks against her. With a warcry he moves forward and attacks one of the sleeping hooded figures in front of him. As the tip of his spear reaches out towards the sleeping foe, he focuses his psionic abilities on helping Sarathina. Iados focuses as a surge of healing aura hits Sarathina like a warm breeze.

Move: To O7
Standard Action: Energizing Strike (Hood 2 Target)
to hit: [roll0]
damage if hit: [roll1]
affects if hit: Sarathina gains 4 temporary hit points
Minor Action: Ardent Surge
affects: Sarathina can use a healing surge and gains +2 bonus speed until the end of my next turn.

SaintRidley
2014-10-11, 10:28 PM
Inma teleports just a few feet into a flanking position with Valderas, swinging her sword at the knife-thrower.

[roll0] against AC +2 for flank, so [13]
[roll1]

Assuming that's a miss, my next move is this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18245190&postcount=40) on my initiative count.

GPuzzle
2014-10-12, 06:41 AM
"GET OVER HERE AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN, YOU BASTARD."

Cast Hypnotism on Ash the Shifter, sliding him to P10 if it hits.

[roll0]

Bluydee
2014-10-12, 06:48 PM
Valderas scowled furiously at the arrow that embedded itself inside his armor, gritting his teeth. With less than a thought he darted to the right and took a stab at the knife thrower.

Attack roll: [roll0] Added 2 from flank
Damage roll: [roll1]

Shift to N11.

Sartharina
2014-10-12, 09:47 PM
With a growl of anger, Sartharina turned to the thug who'd fallen asleep behind her, and turned her attention to finishing him off.

Using "Lead By Example"
[roll0] If hit, 20 damage, killing if it beats the bloodied value

If I miss, Iados and Valderas can shift 1 square and make a basic melee attack - I suggest Iados goes after the one northeast of him, while Valderas tries finishing the one they've got surrounded)

Sartharina
2014-10-12, 09:53 PM
And, with the thug hopefully never waking up again, the felinesque dragonborn dashed to the knife-throwing hood, seeking to help put him down as well with a rousing blow. [roll0] [roll1] (Spending an action point to use Rousing Blow).

Sartharina
2014-10-12, 11:25 PM
(Assuming that last blow hit) Sarth delivered another strike at the knife-throwing thug, driven onward by [insert extremely long list of appropriate platitutes here] [roll0] [roll1].

"I am NOT going down to a band of thugs who can't even hold their own weapons!" she growled, feeling like she could take on the world again.

herodofcows
2014-10-13, 10:02 AM
The remaining delegates back up to the edges of the room, howling piteously.

As Sartharina's myrmidon streak begins to play out, the archer gurgles his last in his sleep, leaking blood and guts at the perforation of Sartharina's weapon.

Iados' blow awakens the sleeping woman bearing the flail, who stands and immediately begins guarding herself again. She looks at Iados with hatred in her eyes. "Tyrant-spawn," she hisses furiously.

Taxed heavily by the hail of blows from Sartharina, Inma, and Valderas, the knife-thrower dodges to the best of his abilities (which though considerable, does not save him).

"Smash and blast! NOW!" he snarls over to Guika, and the two begin to work in tandem. The knife-thrower makes a blow with his longsword at Sartharina, while Guika sidesteps and lays into Valderas as hard as he can with his staff.

Longsword vs. Sartharina AC: [roll0], [roll1] damage on hit.
Staff attack vs. Valderas AC: [roll2], [roll3] damage on hit.

Guika here pauses, eyes alight. Thundering forth new syllables of arcane power, he slams his staff into the ground, and you are all buffeted by a massive telekinetic blast.

Close blast 5 attack vs. Reflex. Everybody but Elran is affected. On a hit, you take [roll4] force damage, get pushed back one square, and knocked prone. On a miss, you just take half damage.

vs. Sartharina's Reflex: [roll5]
vs. Valderas' Reflex: [roll6]
vs. Iados' Reflex: [roll7]
vs. Inma's Reflex: [roll8]

But, as might be expected, Ash's reaction proves the most flamboyant.

At Elran's words, he drops the meat and draws his blades in one fluid motion. He fixes Elran with a nasty smirk, and his voice drips with gleeful venom.

"Oh, honey child, I don't fight like a man."

Nobody should be able to move as fast as he does after saying those words. It's as though the space between Elran and Ash just vanishes.

"I FIGHT LIKE A GOD!" he roars triumphantly, before bringing down his blades in a swift deadly motion.

CLANG

Ash stares disbelievingly as his blades ricochet off Elran's unprotected skin, and then rolls his eyes.

"Ahhh, sh*tf*ck . . ."

Asakhi stands up. He leans heavily against his staff, it's true, but his whole body is suffused with crackling arcane power. As he speaks, his words reverberate like thunder in the depths of your skulls.

"Not yet, assassin," he snarls, "Not . . . quite . . . YET."

Amid his crotchety musings and nanny-like fussings, you've sometimes struggled to remember that Asakhi is one of the greatest mages currently walking the planet. You are no longer struggling with that memory.

GPuzzle
2014-10-13, 10:08 AM
"Gods don't hit themselves. Why are you hitting yourself? Why are you hitting yourself?", says Elran, as he takes a step backwards before trying to screw up Ash's mind.

Shift to I8, cast Hypnotism on Ash the Shifter, targeting him to hit himself.

[roll0] vs Will

In case it hits, Ash makes an MBA against himself with a +4 to hit.

Sartharina
2014-10-13, 10:52 AM
With the reeling blasts of telekinetic power and combined strikes from the still-standing thugs, Sarth barely remained on her feet, bloodied and bruised, but burning with an inner fire. "Get up and keep fighting!" she hissed to Valderas, and worked to finish the knife-thrower off.

Inspiring Word on Valderas for his Surge+[roll0] HP, and Intuitive Strike against the Knife thrower:
[roll1] vs. Will
[roll2] damage

SaintRidley
2014-10-13, 11:12 AM
The Shifter blazes past Inma to get to Elran. Oh no you don't.

Lightning Lure to drag the Shifter over to Inma's side of the table. If successful, Inma uses her Aegis to mark him.

Lightning Lure [roll0] vs Fort, [roll1] lightning damage on a hit, and if successful Shifter is pulled to L10.

firstclassmail
2014-10-13, 05:07 PM
Seeing his companions take a beating, Iados moves quickly to help them. He slides past the dead hood, leaving the one that just woke up from his strike, he moves behind the hood facing Valderas. With all his might and augmented with his psionic abilities, he thrusts straight for the figure's back while focusing healing energies around Valderas. With a fierce yell, another blast of psionic energy exudes from him and hits Sarathina, healing her wounds.

Move: To R11
Minor: Using my last Ardent Surge; Sarathina can use a healing surge.
Standard: Energizing Strike (Augment 2)
To Hit: [roll0]
Damage if Hit: [roll1]
Effect if Hit: Valderas can use a healing surge

Bluydee
2014-10-15, 06:47 AM
Valderas was knocked back by the explosion, pushing him back. Before going out he received the healing energies, and as he sprung himself back up, his fury was beyond anything, the impudence of this fool. With less than a thought his blade drove towards the knife thrower while Valderas stared at Guika.

Stand up, then attack Hood 1.
Attack: [roll0] factoring in CA and intuitive strike.
Damage: [roll1]

herodofcows
2014-10-15, 09:17 PM
The knife-thrower insouciantly dodges the attacks levied against him, laughing all the while.

"HA! Ain't no highfalutin' noble kin hit-"

And then his guts find themselves well-acquainted with the blade of Valderas.

He howls, gushing blood. Spinning around, he tries for an overhead slash at his attacker, all finesse gone.

vs. Valderas' AC: [roll0], Damage on hit: [roll1]

Hood 1 is BLOODIED

The woman with the flail takes the opportunity to run at Sartharina, screaming like a madwoman as she attempts to uppercut her foe.

vs. Sartharina's AC: [roll2], [roll3] damage on a hit, plus Sartharina would be marked and slowed.

Guika shifts over to Iados and charges up his staff for a massive jolt, slamming it into the young noble with gruntish glee.

vs. Iados' AC, [roll4], target is dazed for one turn and takes [roll5] damage on a hit.

Ash roars and charges Asakhi (giving Elran an opportunity attack), resembling nothing so much as a silver cloud of edges and points as he runs down the table at your mentor. His blades hook around Asakhi's neck, drawing blood beneath the old man's abjurations as Ash skitter-steps back to the center of the table. So grappled, Asakhi's hands sizzle with acid and thrust into Ash's stomach, whose battle roar quickly becomes a howl of pain.

Amidst the chaos, the red window shatters in new places. Three arrows embed themselves into nearby delegates, killing them instantly.

"My princes! Protect the magistrates!" Asakhi roars as he grapples desperately with Ash.

"Let River do his thing, scrubs! Just keep the prisses busy!" Ash yells to his men.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/147eQzoEeGQEET3mq40WdnFBMBtRmLzW7udUF5LTLJOI/edit#gid=0)

firstclassmail
2014-10-17, 06:16 PM
Iados parries the attack with the end of his spear, electricity dissipating all around him. Combining the parry with an attack, Iados continues the movement of the spear and slices parallel across his attackers body. As the spear is close to his enemy, he strengthens the attack with a mental surge, and attempts to bolster Valderas' fortitude with the fortitude of Iados' query.

Move: None
Attack: Energizing Strike
Effects if Hit: Valderas gets 5 temporary hit points.
Minor: None, but if I am hit next turn I am using Infernal Wrath on the person that hits me. [roll2] damage from fire.

GPuzzle
2014-10-17, 07:55 PM
Barely having time to react, Elran tries to hit the speeding Shifter, before seeing Asakhi rise up to his feet and riposte Ash.

"That never happens in histories!"

And his mind starts forming a plan.

As he jumps and slides over the table, he screams to the hooded figures:

"HEY, OVER HERE! COME GET THE SQUISHY WIZARD!"

As an attempt to give Asakhi an advantage, he tries to attract Ash's attention.

OA: [roll0] vs AC, [roll1] damage.

Move to N14 (oh, the joy of being a 7-move Wizard).

Cast Hypnotism on Ash: [roll2] vs Will, if it hits, Ash makes an attack against himself with a +4 bonus to hit.

Sartharina
2014-10-19, 01:50 AM
Sartharina's shield deftly deterred the screaming woman. "Let's finish this clown," she growled to Valderas, and struck at the bloodied hood, providing an opening for Valderas to strike as well.

Attack: [roll0]

If I hit, Valderas can make a melee basic attack and add 4 to the damage. I don't know his stats, though, or else I'd roll it for him.) If they finish off the hood, Sarth would disengage from the remaining hoodlums to move in and engage the shifter. (Moving to L9, and provoking an OA from Hood 2, but against AC 21)

Bluydee
2014-10-20, 04:56 PM
Valderas growled, losing any sense of princely arrogance or dignity, just a coiled, predator, rearing to strike.

"Do you not know who I am? You lowborn scum! I will revel in your defeat and subsequent death!"

Attack roll for Sarth.
[roll0]
Attack roll for my turn.
[roll1]

Damage roll for Sarth.
[roll2]
Damage roll for my turn.
[roll3]

SaintRidley
2014-10-20, 10:49 PM
Since my attack on the big guy failed, hood 1 is still marked and still takes a -2 to attack anyone who is not me. And since he attacked Valderas again, my Aegis lets me get a whack at him. Flanking, so accounted for in my attack.

[roll0] against AC, for [roll1] slashing.

Inma takes a second to try and keep up with what's going on after attacking the hood - things are too chaotic, too messy right now.

She swings her sword and tries to catch the woman with the flail with a lightning whip.

Dragging her from P8 to N8 on a hit.

[roll2] against Fort, [roll3] lightning damage on a hit plus the forced movement.

And minor action to change my mark to hood 2 if I manage to bring her over and hood 1 goes down.

herodofcows
2014-10-22, 12:38 PM
Guika squeals pig-like as Iados cuts deep into his chest. He swears with crackling tongue in Goblin as he tries to send Iados flying through the door, leaving himself vulnerable to Valderas' attack.

Attack vs. Iados' Fortitude: [roll0], Damage: [roll1] force damage, and Iados gets pushed 3 squares.

Valderas gets an Attack of Opportunity!

Amidst pressure from Sartharina and Valderas, the knife-throwing hood staggers and howls. He slashes at Inma, using the distraction to skitter-step onto the table and throw a knife at Valderas.

Attack vs. Inma: [roll2], damage on a hit [roll3]
Attack vs. Valderas: [roll4], damage on a hit [roll5]

"PAY ATTENTION TO ME!" yells the screeching woman in exasperation, hammering in on Sartharina again.

vs. Sartharina's AC: [roll6], [roll7] damage on a hit, plus Sartharina would be marked and slowed.

Amidst the constant pressure of Asakhi and Elran, the latter's psychic urging finally slips through. Ash shrieks as his limbs move of their own volition, slashing him deeply in the sides. His gaze turns to Elran, ice cold fury radiating from his eyes.

"You," he hisses, and then he pounces, blades extended, seeking to do grievous harm. He lands catlike in front of Elran, and his blades sing through the air as he slices gracefully through the mage's flesh.

Two attacks vs. Elran's AC

[roll8]
[roll9]

Damage on hit(s):

[roll10]
[roll11]

Asakhi screams out "NOT THEM, YOU BASTARD! YOU DON'T TOUCH THEM!" and blasts Ash sprawling back. Ash giggles as he slides across the floor, landing beamingly on his back.

"So? Who's gonna try and kick me when I'm down?" he asks cheerfully, "Come on! Who wants a shot?"

Meanwhile, the glass continues to shatter. Three more delegates fall. There are only three left, huddling in the corner in mute terror.

GPuzzle
2014-10-22, 04:39 PM
Elran's clothes were damped in blood. The situation was getting bleak. He had to act fast. Like, really fast.

"STAY THE F*CK AWAY! STAY THE F*CK AWAY! YOU DON'T MATTER! YOU DON'T! C'MON, WHAT DO YOU LIFE FOR? NOTHING, I TELL YOU, NOTHING!"

Cast Hypnotism on Ash, slide him to under the table at K12 if it hits. Then move to L17 under the table, and create an illusion of himself on L18, ready to attack one of the hooded men.

[roll0] vs Will on Hypnotism

firstclassmail
2014-10-23, 06:20 PM
Out of the corner of his eye, Iados see's Elran being attacked mercilessly by their foes evident leader.

"I better help Elran,"he thinks aloud.

Iados laughs at Guida's pathetic attempt at an attack. In an effort to show him how its done, Iados steps back and thrusts his spear straight at Guida, while sending a pulse of psionic power towards Elran.

Using the last reserves of his energy, Iados calls upon his inner power, and swings the butt end of his spear down at Guida immediately after his initial thrust, and again sends a psionic fortitude burst towards Elran.

Move: Shift to S11
Action: Energizing Strike on Hood 4, if it hits, Elran gains 5 temp hit points.
To Hit: [roll0] vs AC.
Effects if hit: Elran gains 5 temp hit points.
Minor: none
Spending an action point. (2 to defenses till my next turn)
Action: Energizing Strike on Hood 4, if it hits, Elran gains 5 temp hit points.
To Hit: [roll2] vs AC.
Damage if hit: [roll3]
Effects if hit: Elran gains 5 temp hit points.
If the first hit kills Guida, please tell me, I don't want to spend my action point if it does.

Sartharina
2014-10-24, 02:19 PM
As the knife-throwing hood scrabbled onto the table, Sartharina took the opportunity to strike him [roll0](I now wish I was a fighter) [roll1], and took off after him if he didn't die from the blow, keeping her shield between herself and the over-eager-to-engage crazed woman (AC 21 vs provoked OA thanks to Heavy Blade Expertise), hoping to finally finish the hood off. (Rousing Strike... or just an MBA) [roll2] vs AC, [roll3].

SaintRidley
2014-10-26, 08:22 PM
Inma shifts and throws lightning from her sword at Hood 4 (successful hit drags Hood 4 to O10).

[roll0] vs Fort, [roll1] lightning damage.

Bluydee
2014-10-27, 06:53 PM
Valderas darts away, following the knifethrower through and striking with pinpoint precision.

Move to L11
Attack: [roll0]

herodofcows
2014-10-28, 10:31 PM
The knife-throwing hood lets out a horrible shriek as he is perforated by spear and sword.

"No . . . no . . . not to them . . ." are his last words, ere he expires in a gush of viscera all over the table.

Guika suffers Iados' first blow with a grunt before turning away the second. Swirling away, his hood comes down to reveal an ugly-browed hobgoblin with a scarred visage. Unheedingly, he runs at his spear-wielding foe, brandishing his quarterstaff. The blow comes down with a solid thwack, but lacks any electrical addition and fails to penetrate Iados' armor. Guika's eyebrows go flying up at this.

vs. Iados' AC: [roll0], [roll1] on a hit.

The shrieker woman takes a mighty swing at Sartharina's fleeing form, before switching tactics and running at Valderas.

"WE WILL NEVER ALLOW THE NOBILITY TO RETAKE THE PROUD KINGDOM!" she howls.

Attack of Opportunity:

[roll2] vs. Sartharina's AC, [roll3] damage on a hit.

Attack at Valderas:

[roll4] vs. Valderas' AC, [roll5] damage on a hit, plus Valderas would be marked and slowed.

Ash vaults up from prone as three more arrows come flying into the room, striking down the last three delegates. He surveys the room, a hint of a smile on his face, and then swiftly draws and throws two ceramic spheres. One soars over near Valderas and Sartharina, while the other overshoots and sails harmlessly away from Iados. Both burst into abrupt conflagration.

Attack vs. Valderas, Sartharina, Asakhi, and Hood 2

vs. Valderas' Reflex: [roll6]
vs. Sartharina's Reflex: [roll7]
vs. Hood 2's Reflex: [roll8]
vs. Asakhi's Reflex: [roll9]

Damage on a hit: [roll10]

"Aaaaaaand SCENE! Exit Shifter Squad, through the window!" he yells. Running towards the shattered windows, he leaps out, landing below on a rooftop across the street before taking off running.

Asakhi begins to advance after him, but then falters suddenly. He falls to his knees, coughing up blood. His wounds begin to reappear, slowly.

GPuzzle
2014-10-29, 02:36 AM
Elran shows up from below the table, and takes a look trough the window.

[roll0] Perception Check

firstclassmail
2014-10-29, 09:02 PM
Iados dodges the attacks against him with ease, and feeling slightly confident takes a small step back over one of the dead delegates. Iados yells, "looks like your leader is a coward," as he stabs once more with his spear, concentrating on bringing down the defenses of his opponent.

Move: Shift to T11
Standard: Demoralizing Strike
Effects if hit: -2 to all defenses until the end of my next turn

Sartharina
2014-10-31, 11:45 PM
Sartharina snarled, still bleeding as she ignored the screaming woman. Raising her shield, she backed off, then dashed toward the obnoxious guy with the blasts, bringing her sword down.

Too simple, but I'm out of options. If anyone's still sitting on action points encounter/daily powers, you suck at this game forever. Seriously - you should have used those about three turns ago.

Anyway, shifting out of the soldier's reach, and charging the artillery. Bonus to attack from charging, and bonus to defense from being bloodied [roll0] [roll1]

SaintRidley
2014-11-01, 02:49 PM
Inma swings at Hood 2, coursing some extra magic into the blade.

[roll0] against AC for [roll1] fire. If Hood 2 is within 5 squares at the end of the next turn I can teleport to an adjacent space.

GPuzzle
2014-11-02, 05:26 PM
"****."

Elran balbuciates a few arcane lines, trying to end the fight as soon as possible.

Cast Hypnotism on Hood 4, make him attack himself with +4 to hit. Damn, I can never get monsters to cluster up.

[roll0] against Will.

Bluydee
2014-11-04, 02:21 PM
Valderas fell to the ground, his head cracking against the floor. He groaned as he began experiencing blood loss.

Death throw: [roll0]

herodofcows
2014-11-05, 08:24 PM
"Damn it . . . time to go, Guika!" the soldier yells, sheathing her flail as she runs recklessly towards Elran and the window (Opportunity attack for Inma!)

The aforementioned Guika, meanwhile, has something of a bad time. Aside from being speared by Sartharina, he finds his limbs are no longer under his control, causing him to beat himself with his own quarterstaff. Howling with rage and bloodlust, he disregards his companion and tries to smash at Inma.

vs. himself: [roll0], [roll1] damage on a hit. IF THIS ROLL CAUSES GUIKA TO DO MORE THAN 8 DAMAGE, DISREGARD THE NEXT ROLL.

vs. Inma: [roll2] vs. AC, [roll3] damage on a hit.

Asakhi sinks to the table, blood pooling into the well-burning corpse of the knife thrower. He claws for Valderas, desperately.

"My . . . my boy . . ." he coughs, and then whispers something.

"I've seen the ice in your heart . . . don't . . . don't let your father's ghost push you to tyranny . . ."

Several spastic coughs more, and Asakhi lies dead on the table.

Far off, you can hear the clamor of soldiers running. At last, Zenith guardsmen are coming . . .

Bluydee
2014-11-05, 08:30 PM
Valderas faded in and out of consciousness, his head swirling, before hearing what Asakhi said, his mind a flutter. He promised, at the back of his head, in a dazed stupor, that he wouldn't, before coughing up blood.

death throw: [roll0]

Sartharina
2014-11-05, 08:37 PM
Sartharina tries to finish off Guika, [roll0] [roll1].

SaintRidley
2014-11-10, 08:12 PM
Inma sees Asakhi die out of the corner of her eye when Guika slashes at her.

"Just die already!"

[roll0] against AC for [roll1]. If she moves away next turn, [roll2] thunder damage.

Also, Aegis to mark.

firstclassmail
2014-11-17, 08:29 PM
Iados takes a step back into the hallway and continues fighting the figure in front of him. Sweat starting to appear on his brow, he sees one of his comrades fallen and tries to send a wave a healing energy towards him. Concentrating his attack, he thrusts with his spear.

Standard Action: energizing strike
Roll: [roll0]
effects if hit: valderas gets 5 temp hit points

Move: to U11

GPuzzle
2014-11-18, 12:30 PM
Elran takes a few steps back, mumbles a bunch of arcane gibberish before coughing a bit of blood and saying to no one in particular:
"Guess we're not fit to be heroes, eh? Stupid silly childish dreams..."

Move to F20.

Hypnotism on Hood 2, attack self.

[roll0] vs Will for Elran, in case it hits, [roll1] vs AC, [roll2] damage.

herodofcows
2014-11-18, 06:30 PM
Guika is laughing to the end, even as Iados sticks him like a pig. His rough giggles echo through his frame, and are finally silent as the black blood drips down the shaft of the spear.

The female warrior turns around briefly as she runs, yelling in pain as Inma gives her a shallow wound to the neck as she passes.

"GUI-" she begins, and then cuts herself off as she smashes herself in the face with her own flail. A loud SNAP is heard, and she falls to the ground.

Less than three seconds later, the guards burst in and begin running to the corners of the room. After inefficiently trampling through the pools of blood and viscera, some of them coagulate around you, each pointing spears at you menacingly.

Striding into the room behind his men is the captain of the guard (whom Asakhi had introduced you to . . . wow, just that morning) and a remarkably pale elf in long flowing robes. The elf grabs the captain by the arm as he enters the room and points accusingly at your group. He howls dramatically, as the captain impassively looks on:

"YOU SEE! The exiled princes have KILLED OUR REPRESENTATIVES! ARREST THEM!"

Sartharina
2014-11-18, 07:42 PM
Sartharina stands tall, and visibly facepalms. "So, who are these guys? Honored guests?" she asked, motioning to the three uninvited guests, then the bloodtrail to the window. "Or do you just let the Shifter Squad wander around wherever you like?" she added accusingly.

herodofcows
2014-11-22, 02:50 PM
OOC: Sorry guys, it was a crunch week for me. Normal posting resumes!

The guards surround you, but then abruptly stop at Sartharina's words and look around. The pale elf laughs theatrically.

"HahaHA! The "shifter squad" is it? The futile defenses of the guilty! I see no "shifter squad" here! Merely the bodies of our council, shot full of arrows or burnt beyond recog- . . . -nition . . ."

As he finishes his sentence, he seems to notice the bodies of Guika and the female warrior, both unburnt and clearly out of place. His eyes widen.

GPuzzle
2014-11-22, 03:02 PM
"Doesn't matter. We failed to contain the attack. We all. Not only us, but you too. And now all the chances we had to save ourselves have been shattered. Also, stop talking like that. The more complicated your language gets, the more likely to be a traitor you are.", before Elran coughs a bit of blood.

Bluydee
2014-11-22, 06:42 PM
Valderas groans, still bleeding and still dying.

SaintRidley
2014-11-23, 06:38 PM
"Your timing and immediate accusation, sir, seem suspect," Inma says, watching the elf.

[roll1d20+6[/roll] - See OOC thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?375802-OOC-The-Proud-Kingdoms&p=18443741#post18443741).

To see if Inma finds anything more suspicious than a hunch that the elf may have been a traitor.

I think Insight's the skill to use, anyway.

"Pray tell, what took so long?"

herodofcows
2014-11-24, 11:44 PM
"We came as quick as we could," rumbles the captain of the guard, with a voice like gravel running across sandpaper, "The quasitor here was kind enough to call us in when he overheard sounds of a struggle."

"I-indeed!" rejoins the Quasitor, regaining some of his momentum and looking away from the unburned bodies, "And I should hope that silences your scurrilous accusations!"

GPuzzle
2014-11-25, 03:42 AM
"We came as quick as we could," rumbles the captain of the guard, with a voice like gravel running across sandpaper, "The quasitor here was kind enough to call us in when he overheard sounds of a struggle."

"I-indeed!" rejoins the Quasitor, regaining some of his momentum and looking away from the unburned bodies, "And I should hope that silences your scurrilous accusations!"

"When did he call you, and when did the conference start?"

herodofcows
2014-11-26, 12:10 AM
"As soon as it came to my attention, obviously!" the Quasitor yelps, some slight color coming to his face. The captain, meanwhile, looks at you curiously.

"And why would he know better than you? Did the wizard Asakhi not escort you in to open the deliberations?"

GPuzzle
2014-11-26, 09:47 AM
"Well, yes, but within five minutes of the conference starting he was shot in the throath. We did not even get to speak before it all went to hell. His attitude is suspicious. Walks in, claiming we're the murderes, and gets surprised when he sees the bodies that weren't charred by the mass of Eaglescythe. More specifically, bodies that weren't here when the conference started. Starts denying and giving bad time locations. If the stories taught me anything, is that this is the prime behavior of a villain, a backstabbing bastard."

SaintRidley
2014-11-26, 12:50 PM
"My dear Quasitor, you look like you've seen a ghost. All these bodies," Inma gestures vaguely toward the two dead members of the Shifter Squad, "Why, I imaine it must give you quite a fright. It is most fortunate we were able to survive at all, don't you think?"

Sartharina
2014-11-27, 12:52 PM
"Is anyone here medically trained? We're about to lose another prince if he doesn't get attention soon," Sartharina growled, interrupting the 'pleasantries'. "And I can give a full sitrep as soon as the dying are stabilized."

GPuzzle
2014-11-27, 02:59 PM
"I'll give it a shot."

[roll0]

herodofcows
2014-11-27, 04:22 PM
The Quasitor looks vaguely sick to his stomach, until a snarl forms on his face.

"I, ah, I have no time for this! Captain, I charge you to take these . . . people into custody!" he snaps, and then makes to exit the room. The captain of the guard raises his eyebrows, and then turns back to his guards. As he speaks, his voice is calm and measured.

"Pors, go rustle up a healer. Lanai, get the governor. We're going to need to declare a state of emergency of some kind. Martúl, take twenty . . . no, make that thirty men and post guard over all other Confederate officials. Treat this as an attack on Zenith. The rest of you, secure the room. And you . . ."

He rounds back to you all, as his men scatter. His steely tone contrasts wildly with their mild panic.

"Please explain to me what happened here."

Sartharina
2014-11-27, 05:48 PM
"Alright... but things got really chaotic really fast. First... while we were assembled and awaiting our introduction or whatever this meeting was about, arrows came through the window, one hitting Asaki in the throat and silencing him... and nearly killing him. Of course, we were shocked, and didn't properly react as everyone started fleeing until these doors were blown open by the 'shifter squad'," Sarth explained, struggling to keep her breath through her bloodied wounds. It was also clear she was struggling to hold her anger back as well. "We didn't really have an opportunity to react - there were five of them - This guy, this guy, this guy, and this guy," Sartharina said, pointing to each of the four bodies that didn't belong. "And the leader escaped out the window... But backing up. We moved to try to engage the assassins quickly - their leader rebuked them for attacking the delegates, just before eviscerating them himself," she said, pointing to the pile of delegate bodies that the shifter had slain and started to devour, drawing attention to the knifework and removed flesh. "We were held up by his thugs, who had created a defensive screen around him. Each had a different specialization - this *******'s responsible for all these," Sarth continued, indicating the knife-throwing thugs body, kicking it to expose any daggers still hidden on his person, then motioning to the knives still wedged in her own body and armor, unremoved from the battle.

"I managed to kill one of them before we learned anything about him, but was forced back to help Prince Valderas and Iados against these two assailants," she indicated to the woman and knife-guy. "The mage over here was one of the last to fall... The leader, Ash, managed to escape out the window, covered by a hail of arrows... unless the arrows came first to kill the delegates. Everything happened so fast. He'd rebuked him earlier, and referred to him as 'Guika'. The soldier also called him Guika, as she tried to retreat with Ash... fortunately, we managed to cut her down too. I hope this was at least something of a setback for..." she cut herself off as she remembered. "Oh yeah, 'Ash' had a message, and I quote, "Nobody, but NOBODY, tries to f*** Lady Paean. Xoxo, kisses, the Shifter Squad. Message ends." First thing out of his mouth when he burst through the door." She did her best to mock the shifter's voice and demeanor, to emphasize the point.

GPuzzle
2014-11-27, 06:00 PM
"It went quite like that. I tried to stop him from going out of the window, but he just ran across the rooftops after he sent a bunch of flaming spheres that nearly turned me into a barbecue. I was lucky to escape after an attack of his. That was vicious. Asakhi nearly managed to hold him back before finally succumbing to his wounds. We could do nothing against him. I landed one lucky shot on him, and he almost tears me apart like a piece of meat."

herodofcows
2014-11-30, 08:27 PM
The captain is businesslike as he takes all this in. Once Sartharina and Elran are done, he nods briefly. A certain grimness creeps over his features.

"Right. Now . . . here's the tricky part. I have no reason to detain you based on what you've said. The non-delegate bodies, Archmage Asakhi's death, plus the arrow wounds when none of you are carrying bows; all of these give me plenty of reason to believe that you're innocent. But . . . do you have a way of proving that Lady Paean or the Proud Kingdoms were involved in this? Because, right now, all I have to bring to a tribunal is that a gang of anarchists broke into the council chamber and slaughtered the delegates. Disturbing, yes, but not enough evidence to convince the Confederacy to do anything substantial."

As he speaks, the healer arrives and gets to work on all of you (OOC: anyone down is back up now!)

GPuzzle
2014-11-30, 08:45 PM
The captain is businesslike as he takes all this in. Once Sartharina and Elran are done, he nods briefly. A certain grimness creeps over his features.

"Right. Now . . . here's the tricky part. I have no reason to detain you based on what you've said. The non-delegate bodies, Archmage Asakhi's death, plus the arrow wounds when none of you are carrying bows; all of these give me plenty of reason to believe that you're innocent. But . . . do you have a way of proving that Lady Paean or the Proud Kingdoms were involved in this? Because, right now, all I have to bring to a tribunal is that a gang of anarchists broke into the council chamber and slaughtered the delegates. Disturbing, yes, but not enough evidence to convince the Confederacy to do anything substantial."

As he speaks, the healer arrives and gets to work on all of you (OOC: anyone down is back up now!)

"Is there any reason for her not to destroy the only chance we had at this? Not only will the council think we are a bunch of morons, but perhaps you too. Besides, the best evidence we have is the Shifter's own "message delivery", which he claims to be Lady Paean's. We don't have any proof. Maybe something in the dead bodies."

herodofcows
2014-12-02, 06:59 PM
"Check the bodies!" he rumbles at this subordinates, and then turns back to you, "Begging your pardons, sirs and madams, but your argument cuts both ways. You must admit, you have a vested interest in securing Zenith's aid against the Proud Kingdoms, and it's awfully convenient to your interests that the assailants would be so brazen in announcing their affiliation . . . Your testimony comes with a certain bias in the eyes of any tribunal, if you'll forgive my saying so."

He looks at you all sympathetically as he says this.

GPuzzle
2014-12-02, 07:29 PM
"I'm not gonna deny that it'd be a brilliant plan. However, we wouldn't be so treacherous as to hire sellswords for our own purposes. Not me, at least. House Athret is known for being more of librarians than murderers."

Sartharina
2014-12-05, 12:44 AM
"Let's try and find survivors, and get attention to those that are still alive. I'd offer to help, but I still have nighmares from the last time I tried finding and tending to the wounded." Sarth grumbled, looking at the slain delegates. "As for our suspect... his name's Ash, and he's a shifter that... " Sartharina begins giving an overly-detailed description of the shifter... perhaps too much information, though she tries to backtrack or cut herself off a few times she finds herself drifting too far from an objective description. Also... she has almost no recollection of what he was wearing, though she wouldn't mention it was because she'd spent the entire time she saw the shifter she had been mentally undressing him.

"As for securing Zenith's aid... yeah. Though it's more because Lady Paean is a menace to everything... I wonder how many of these thugs were misguided into believing they were supporting a populist movement, instead of a deranged despot."

herodofcows
2014-12-05, 07:06 AM
The captain sighs and nods.

"Well, I can only take you at your word, sirs and madams. If you can find any trace of your living assailants, I'll gladly help you apprehend them. Otherwise, I can think of no reason to detain you. I only ask that you make yourselves available to further questioning should the tribunal require it."

His eyes turn to the fallen form of Asakhi and his voice softens.

"I imagine you have other business to attend to," he murmurs, and then turns to attend to the bodies.