PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Equipping a New 11th Level PC

Larsxa
2014-10-07, 11:47 PM
So after a long standing game in the Realms, my PC has inevitably taken his final resting place. Thankfully, I do have the opportunity to bring in a new PC to the game, and have a great storyline of a Handmaiden to the Lady of Perfection. A 6th Level Ninja, 5th Level Invisible Blade. Stats are 13,20,13,16,18,18. Only problem is I have been given the following list to equip the PC and cannot think well enough to outfit them.

Thoughts?

1 suit of armor (or armor bonus) AND 1miscellaneous protection item. Gold cap: 20K each
1 primary weapon, 1 secondary weapon. Gold cap: 20K, 10K
3 body slot or slotless items (ex. Boots of Haste – body slot, Ioun Stone – slotless). Gold cap: 16K each
Any combination of 3 potions, oils, elixirs (750gp max), and/or scrolls (3rdlevel max).

KingSmitty
2014-10-07, 11:56 PM
Handy haversack

Troacctid
2014-10-08, 01:20 AM
Cloak of resistance, gloves of dexterity

Jowgen
2014-10-08, 01:36 AM
For the protection item, my vote goes to a) a custom item of protection from Evil for 4k, or if that doesn't fly b) Lawkeeper's lock from ghostwalk, which has continous protection from Chaos and two minor things for about 11k. I personally value proper protection from being mind-raped very highly, and it comes with other nice -albeit situational- benefits.

Suit of armor, Mithral mist shirt perhaps; but others might have better ideas. Armor crystals (if your DM lets them count towards your armor gp cap) might serve you well too, even if its just a lesser adaptation for protection from elements. Oh, also I recall a handy low flat gp cost ability from Dungeonscape that lets you sleep in armor and listen better for threats while asleep, which might be worth adding.

Not much I can suggest for weapon. Boosting your Initative via Warning and/or Eager can't hurt, and choosing a light weapon with Feycraft template for effective weapon finesse might work with your pimped Dex. On that note, get some ability enhancement bonuses smacked onto whatever else you're buying via Magic Item Compendium rules if you can.

Larsxa
2014-10-08, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the initial thoughts. I'll check out the law keeper lock. Love more thoughts as well. Any cloak ideas as I was planning on cloak dance as a feat...

Weapons, fey craft have not thought of. Daggers/kukri are the base weapons for this build.

Red Fel
2014-10-08, 10:17 AM
Obligatory links to the lists of necessary magic items (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187851-3-5-Lists-of-Necessary-Magic-Items) and Shax's indispensable haversack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?148101-3-x-Shax-s-Indispensible-Haversack-%28Equipment-Handbook%29).

Should cover most of your bases.