PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Warpriest Fervor- How can I make it better?

Elricaltovilla
2014-10-08, 03:05 PM
Are there any feats or items in the ACG or other books that would improve the Warpriest's Fervor ability? Increasing the number of times per day I can use it, increasing the amount it heals (or even channels) or something?

I'm in a bit of a conundrum because I ended up rolling a melee Warpriest and it seems I'm pretty much the only healer our group has. We also have a Druid and a Barbarian/Fighter. Everyone is 5th level and Tier 1 Mythic.

So, help?

Oh, and I don't actually own the ACG I'm just using what's on the PFSRD.

VexingFool
2014-10-09, 02:29 AM
The ACG added this sentence to the Extra Channel feat:

If a warpriest with the ability to channel energy takes this feat, he gains four additional uses of fervor per
day, but can use them only to channel energy.

Spore
2014-10-09, 06:12 AM
The ACG added this sentence to the Extra Channel feat:

So they basically improved the feat. I was confused onto why they introduced the same feat twice.

Elricaltovilla
2014-10-09, 11:17 AM
Well that'll help a little at least. Good thing I took selective channel.

Novawurmson
2014-10-09, 12:26 PM
Hey, man :D

I've got the dead tree and pdf version, so I can verify that there are no other feats or magic items that even mention the word "fervor."

Ask your GM if you can take feats and magic items that affect Lay on Hands to affect your fervor (as it's obviously based on LoH); that would give you a few more options, at least.

Standard advice would be to stock up on a couple wands of cure light wounds (or lesser infernal healing) and do your healing out of combat.

Edit: Also, Quick Channel (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/quick-channel) can be a lifesaver, in my experience playing a cleric from about 5-15.

Elricaltovilla
2014-10-09, 12:52 PM
Hey, man :D

I've got the dead tree and pdf version, so I can verify that there are no other feats or magic items that even mention the word "fervor."

Ask your GM if you can take feats and magic items that affect Lay on Hands to affect your fervor (as it's obviously based on LoH); that would give you a few more options, at least.

Standard advice would be to stock up on a couple wands of cure light wounds (or lesser infernal healing) and do your healing out of combat.

Edit: Also, Quick Channel (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/quick-channel) can be a lifesaver, in my experience playing a cleric from about 5-15.

I talked to my DM about that already, he said that it'd be fine to use Extra Lay on Hands to get 2 more uses of Fervor. Also might be open to me using the Phylactery of Positive Channeling to boost the healing of Fervor.

At least I can get some legit usage out of Extra Channeling.