PDA

View Full Version : Help me scale this demon

ewoods
2014-10-09, 12:39 PM
I'm running a campaign where, to this point, the primary antagonist of the party is a succubus. She's caused general trouble and mayhem for them, but their physical combats have been brief and have always resulted in her escape. I'm setting up a sort of "final showdown" for the next game and need to scale her up from a CR 7 to something that would actually pose a significant challenge to the group. The system is Pathfinder and the party consists of two fighters, an alchemist, a bard, a wizard, and a cleric, all level 11 with mostly +2 and some +3 gear.

I'm not particularly good at scaling monsters beyond just upping their hitpoints, but I want this to be handled the right way. Any help is greatly appreciated!

afroakuma
2014-10-09, 01:07 PM
How do you want her to fight? What do you want the encounter to be like?

ewoods
2014-10-09, 01:18 PM
Oh that would be useful information, wouldn't it? LOL She would try to stay out of direct combat for as long as possible, but I'm cutting off her usual means of escape (her ethereal jaunt and her teleport). I think she'd start by summoning her Babau and then attempting her suggestion and/or dominate person, but the saves for those things aren't challenging enough. When she does finally engage in melee she'll use her two claws, but they don't do nearly enough damage to make a dent, and with only 84 hit points as written, the two fighters will chop through that in one round.

Eonir
2014-10-09, 01:21 PM
Give her sorcerer casting equal to her HD. That should spice it up.

Honest Tiefling
2014-10-09, 01:46 PM
She's a succubus. Where's her harem of mind controlled minions? Or is the idea that she'll be alone?

atemu1234
2014-10-12, 12:54 PM
She's a succubus. Where's her harem of mind controlled minions? Or is the idea that she'll be alone?

This basically. If you think it would be too easy, boost the encounter level a bit.