PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Battle Dancer/Dervish?

Void Bovine
2014-10-09, 01:09 PM
Was wondering if this could work with spring attack feats from Players handbook 2 also would u stay unarmed or go scimitars and also what about lvl progression to?

Eonir
2014-10-09, 01:19 PM
I assume you are talking about "Dervish Dance" which does not work with spring attack.

Dervish dance also requires a slashing weapon, so you would need that one feat from PHB2 to make your unarmed attacks slashing.

Also, I would suggest swordsage over battledancer as your base class.

Drackstin
2014-10-09, 01:36 PM
there is a better fighter variant that gives you dance as a class skill and you lose nothing. its the best way to go, also the best way to go is to use the weapons dervish helps. its a lot easier that way, and get a lot of speed bonuses, since spring attack is useless.

sktarq
2014-10-09, 01:42 PM
Or is the class from Dragon Magazine Compendium involved?

Void Bovine
2014-10-09, 02:03 PM
yeah battle dancer from dragon compendium also was looking at spring atk progression (can only dance 5/day assuming 10 lvls) bab is=to class lvl so rapid blitz is obtainable also forgot about that feat makes it possible to stay unarmed I was just thinking the two weapon fighting scimitars and ignore the unarmed progression would really like to see that fighter variant btw

Drackstin
2014-10-09, 02:06 PM
yeah battle dancer from dragon compendium also was looking at spring atk progression (can only dance 5/day assuming 10 lvls) bab is=to class lvl so rapid blitz is obtainable also forgot about that feat makes it possible to stay unarmed I was just thinking the two weapon fighting scimitars and ignore the unarmed progression would really like to see that fighter variant btw

Normally i say 2 levels of dark song fighter from champion of valor, and 3 levels of warblade then dervish. its quite nice.

Void Bovine
2014-10-09, 02:12 PM
Wow I assume U meant darksong knight fighter variant just checked it out.....I like

Drackstin
2014-10-09, 03:16 PM
yes sorry, Darksong knight, its based on a drow god but that's just fluff, and it adds perform dance as a class skill with nothing really traded, and a bonus ability at level 2. its the best option since you don't lose a BAB and you get your fighter feats you need. and like i said, warblade is good too. since dervish is 10 levels, you can take 5 levels of warblade after to get some really good stances and boosts.

Shinken
2014-10-09, 03:27 PM
Battle Dancer > Dervish works fine, though. If that's what you want, go for it.

Drackstin
2014-10-09, 03:33 PM
Battle Dancer > Dervish works fine, though. If that's what you want, go for it.

it dose work fine, but battle dancer is like the if someone took a monk and added dancing and took away flurry of blows. also if you want to get into dervish at 6th level, and who doesn't, you need levels in fighter, taking darksong knight makes your life easier, and if you really want that move speed take barbarian, 2-3 levels, get pounce and trip. and watch as you make everyone hit the ground and you get free attacks, and use pounce when your out of dancing. rage helps too.