PDA

View Full Version : Firesnake?

Ruethgar
2014-10-09, 06:44 PM
How do people play Firesnake? It instantaneously creates a line of fire that can move but provides no listed duration or method of control. So are there just a number of never-dying lines of fire out roaming the deserts? Slowly taking over the world as the maneuver is used more and more? Or should the bit about it being able to move just be ignored and call it a crappy 60ft line?

Boci
2014-10-09, 06:49 PM
Fireball is instantaneously as well, so presumably they work in the same way. Fire is created long enough to burn, then gone before you turn is even over.

Okay, just reread the ability, I see what you mean. I'd give it a duration of concentration.

Forrestfire
2014-10-09, 06:49 PM
Everybody knows that Firesnake actually causes the user to know the entirety of the Complete Mage errata :smalltongue:

Personally, I've never had anyone use it in a game. I think it'd be highly amusing to create a pet firensake to follow you around. One possibility would be to limit its duration to some fraction of the character's initiator level.

Ruethgar
2014-10-09, 06:59 PM
There was an un-official errata version I liked that had it move 60ft as part of the maneuver. I was looking for some of Diablo's and the Druid's(from Diablo II) uses of flame for in D&D so that fits rather well.