View Full Version : What would you like written on your headstone?

Zurvan
2014-10-09, 07:35 PM
I'm feeling morbid today.

Jay R
2014-10-09, 07:43 PM
Jay R
died 2174
Shot by jealous husband

Haruki-kun
2014-10-09, 07:47 PM
Haruki-kun
1989-2011
It took us a really long time to notice.

WolfLordBran
2014-10-09, 09:14 PM
WolfLordBran
1992- XXXX
Time to turn off the lights and lock things up

Amaril
2014-10-09, 10:40 PM
Amaril
1996-2100
Stuck his head out the window to see
if there was really a meteor shower happening.
There was.

enderlord99
2014-10-09, 11:24 PM
I want to write something different on it every day. Unfortunately, zombies generally lack the intellectual capacity to write anything, so I suppose I'll have to get it carved, instead...

Haruki-kun
2014-10-10, 12:43 AM
I want to write something different on it every day. Unfortunately, zombies generally lack the intellectual capacity to write anything, so I suppose I'll have to get it carved, instead...

Maybe by then there will be screensaver-style headstones with cycling quotes?

Elemental
2014-10-10, 01:31 AM
Elemental
1993 - 1992
Time is cyclical? Who knew it?

Tvtyrant
2014-10-10, 02:02 AM
Tvtyrant
1989-2050
He just missed immortality

Elemental
2014-10-10, 02:15 AM
Tvtyrant
1989-2050
He just missed immortality

Alternatively...

Elemental
1993-2135
Spent sixty years in cryostasis to find out he was allergic to immortality.

Eldan
2014-10-10, 02:21 AM
His Imperial Majesty
Eldan I
First on Mars, King of Europa, Conquerer of Titan
1987-2278, 2279-2521, 2523-2899, 2900-3120
"He'll be back in a year"

factotum
2014-10-10, 02:36 AM
"He caused no harm".

chainer1216
2014-10-10, 05:44 AM
"Lived by the sword, died by heart disease."

Damn you crappy genetics!!!

Maryring
2014-10-10, 08:14 AM
"I prepared explosive runes on this headstone. Y'know. Just in case."

TheEmerged
2014-10-10, 09:34 AM
Tom C. Huskey
1970-<some date several decades from now>
It Needed Doing

Before you laugh, that third line is actually in my will.

thorgrim29
2014-10-10, 11:03 AM
The message on Harry Dresden's headstone is pretty cool (He died doing the right thing), and if I'm ever in a situation where doing the right thing leads to me dying I hope I'm able to do it. I also hope it won't happen. More realistically, something about staying true to my principle, maybe:

Samuel xxxxx
1989-2XXX (One can hope right?)
He lived a honest life

tomandtish
2014-10-10, 11:09 AM
For me it's simple. Just one word:

"Oops"

Jon_Dahl
2014-10-10, 11:23 AM
"I was feeling morbid that day."

Amaril
2014-10-10, 12:14 PM
I thought of another one that'll probably be more realistically appropriate for me :smalltongue:

Amaril
1996-2100
"F*** it, that'll do."

More seriously, I want my hopeful future family to decide. To do otherwise feels somewhat narcissistic.

Cuthalion
2014-10-10, 07:33 PM
Haruki-kun
1989-2011

:smallbiggrin:

This is sigworthy, but I'm not sure how hilarious it'd be in context...

Rivers
2014-10-10, 09:05 PM
------- --------- Rivers
19XX - August 26th, 20XX
Can't touch this.

BTW, unless you take a picture hugging my skeleton with a thumbs-up, you're a prime suspect. Reminder: violating a tomb will get you in jail. Don't forget it.

Dienekes
2014-10-10, 11:46 PM
Dienekes
XXXX-XXXX
He didn't like any of you, go away

or

Stop standing on my face

Jaycemonde
2014-10-11, 12:55 AM
Cassandra "The OG Cupcake Goat" Vatz
PAST YEAR 199X-FUTURE YEAR 20X6
"I told you so, s***nugget."

It'd have to be a wide stone.

Haruki-kun
2014-10-11, 01:05 AM
:smallbiggrin:

This is sigworthy, but I'm not sure how hilarious it'd be in context...

Dang it! I come up with something sig-worthy and it can't be sigged because people would think I'm dead. Just my luck. =I

Asta Kask
2014-10-11, 01:16 AM
You do it like this:

From the "What would you like written on your headstone thread":

Haruki-kun
1989-2011

golentan
2014-10-11, 02:48 AM
Golentan
????-2970
"Worth it."

Killer Angel
2014-10-11, 02:55 AM
"your beloved nephews".

because that would mean that i will see them and that they will be sufficiently grown up to love me.
A pleasure that wasn't conceded to my father.

Aotrs Commander
2014-10-12, 07:39 PM
"Look behind you."

Grinner
2014-10-12, 07:59 PM
Dang it! I come up with something sig-worthy and it can't be sigged because people would think I'm dead. Just my luck. =I

...I don't see the problem. :smallamused:

Tvtyrant
2014-10-12, 11:33 PM
Alternatively...

Elemental
1993-2135
Spent sixty years in cryostasis to find out he was allergic to immortality.

I like that one :D

Also your avatar. I just now realized there is a horse in it..

Coidzor
2014-10-13, 03:18 AM
...I don't see the problem. :smallamused:

Quite. That just makes it better, haruki being quoted as saying he is dead so erryone thinks he's an undead monstrosity.

Yora
2014-10-13, 05:02 AM
<First Name> <Family Name>
1984 - 2104

90 years from now, I expect people to get really old.

Altaria87
2014-10-13, 05:23 AM
I've always been a fan of:

Altaria87
XXXX-XXXX+~80
"BRB"

RdMarquis
2014-10-13, 05:29 AM
What, no "peperony and chease"? Admittedly, that's tombstone. Close enough.

PallElendro
2014-10-13, 01:37 PM
R.I.P. in Peace
James Grose
Nothing personal if he becomes a zombie and eats you.

Asta Kask
2014-10-13, 01:47 PM
R.I.P. in Peace
Anders XXXX
His cats thought he was an ok servant.

Lentrax
2014-10-13, 02:17 PM
What, no "peperony and chease"? Admittedly, that's tombstone. Close enough.

Lentrax
1984-2XXX
Her last request was for a Tombstone.
We think we delivered.

FinnLassie
2014-10-13, 02:27 PM
Wait, quotes on gravestones are actually a thing? You bunch come from weird cultures. :smalltongue:

AdmiralCheez
2014-10-13, 02:28 PM
I can't settle on one, so here's a list for my family to choose from:

"If life gets you down, just remember: At least you aren't dead like me."

"I shed my mortal body and ascended to the great beyond, and all I got was this lousy headstone."

"Yup, I'm still dead. Thanks for checking up on me though."

"If I knew you in life, thanks for remembering me. If I hated you in life, thanks for not defiling my grave. If I didn't know you in life, thanks for reading my headstone."

Septimus Faber
2014-10-13, 03:09 PM
R.I.P
SeptimusFabrius
[date obscured]-????
Just in case.

PallElendro
2014-10-13, 03:15 PM
OP, you're not going to carve these for us and add a shrapnel bomb as a gift, are you?

Also, now debating whether or not I should go for the "Nothing personal if he becomes a zombie and eats you" or "Don't go through his Grade 10 Biology folder."

Septimus Faber
2014-10-13, 03:18 PM
R.I.P
SeptimusFabrius
2013-2014
Another one of those pesky clones.

Wow, that was remarkably unfunny and dependent on the knowledge that I'd already written a post. My apologies.

Neli42
2014-10-13, 03:44 PM
"I shed my mortal body and ascended to the great beyond, and all I got was this lousy headstone."

That is truly inspired.

Neli42
1967 - XXXX
She did it right.

factotum
2014-10-13, 04:14 PM
Wait, quotes on gravestones are actually a thing? You bunch come from weird cultures. :smalltongue:

What do you put on gravestones in Finnishlandia, then?

Aedilred
2014-10-13, 04:33 PM

It depends what she means. Long quotes are kind of amusing to think about but they're relatively rare on headstones. That which you see tends to be along the lines of "beloved father/mother", etc.

While it's tempting to request a "sod you all" type declaration, realistically whoever's in charge of putting me in the ground might not honour that anyway and I wouldn't want to put them in the uncomfortable position of having to explain why they did/didn't. So I'd probably rely on the judgment of whoever was responsible (assuming some trusted family member or associate), and perhaps leave a list of things they were absolutely not allowed to do.

In lieu of any declarations from family, or whatever, I think "A Good Man" would be just about the best thing anyone could put there.

Of course, if I had my way, it wouldn't be so much a tombstone as a huge sarcophagus, with columns and cherubs and space for a proper original epitaph and an effigy, and so forth, but that's fairly unlikely to happen.

Duck999
2014-10-13, 04:56 PM
Name Name
Date-Date
RIP in peace, member of the department of redundancy department
or

Name Nqme
drte-datr
Never learned spellchecking

Grimtina
2014-10-13, 05:00 PM
"Gone with the Wind, the Fire, the earth and the rain" with a small footnote of "Looting this tomb will only result in level 1 appropriate treasure."

Pyromancer999
2014-10-13, 06:14 PM
Pyromancer999
199X-
Reserved for future use.

Makes more sense if you imagine the year to be 9999.

FinnLassie
2014-10-13, 06:25 PM

Name, DOB and DOD. Older gravestones might've had the profession of the person, and some still do it, but it's rare.

GPuzzle
2014-10-13, 06:58 PM
G****** O*****

199X-2XXX

"I don't want quotes in my tombstone"

Rivers
2014-10-13, 07:33 PM
"If I knew you in life, thanks for remembering me. If I hated you in life, thanks for not defiling my grave. If I didn't know you in life, thanks for reading my headstone."

A great line. Humble and wise. Fascinating way to take this seriously.
One shall owe you some courtesy.

Elemental
2014-10-13, 10:05 PM
I like that one :D

Also your avatar. I just now realized there is a horse in it..

Thanks. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes I think of a good one.

Again, thanks. I hadn't realised people might not notice the horse... But oh well.

They can be. I think it developed from people having scriptural verses engraved, the practice developing to include poetry and words of wisdom and so on. But as Aedilred said, it is actually rather rare, probably due to the expense of hiring someone to engrave the extra letters required, hence the use of R.I.P over "Rest in peace".

Of course, if I had my way, it wouldn't be so much a tombstone as a huge sarcophagus, with columns and cherubs and space for a proper original epitaph and an effigy, and so forth, but that's fairly unlikely to happen.

I have much the same idea. I'd like a great mortuary temple where I can be buried with gold and jewels and various other grave goods to confuse future archaeologists. I want them to dig up my tomb and be thoroughly confused as to why I was entombed with a set of skeleton keys, a battleaxe, an analytical engine and a set of dragon figurines.
Actually, I'd pay other people to be buried with similar items. Greatest prank ever.

factotum
2014-10-14, 02:36 AM
While it's tempting to request a "sod you all" type declaration, realistically whoever's in charge of putting me in the ground might not honour that anyway and I wouldn't want to put them in the uncomfortable position of having to explain why they did/didn't.

Explain to whom? You're dead at this point, remember. :smallwink: Even if you believe in an afterlife I'm sure your spirit would have better things to do than demand explanations from your relatives as to why they didn't get your headstone just so!

As for the "sod you all" thing, you could try the approach Spike Milligan's family took. He wanted "I told you was ill" engraved on his tombstone, but the rector of the churchyard he was buried in wouldn't allow it--so they used the Irish translation instead (Dúirt mé leat go raibh mé breoite).

Neli42
2014-10-14, 03:06 AM
I'd like a great mortuary temple where I can be buried with gold and jewels and various other grave goods to confuse future archaeologists. I want them to dig up my tomb and be thoroughly confused as to why I was entombed with a set of skeleton keys, a battleaxe, an analytical engine and a set of dragon figurines.

You made me think of this (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/215609900884794285/)beauty.

Asta Kask
2014-10-14, 06:07 AM

Not in Sweden. I'm just playing along, it's what we Swedes do.

Shadowy
2014-10-14, 06:20 AM
"Reserved. "

Aedilred
2014-10-14, 08:11 AM
Explain to whom? You're dead at this point, remember. :smallwink: Even if you believe in an afterlife I'm sure your spirit would have better things to do than demand explanations from your relatives as to why they didn't get your headstone just so!

I was assuming the explanations would be requested by other relatives, friends, funeral directors, etc. If, as the person in charge of arranging the tombstone, you put something controversial there, people are going to query it, and if you didn't put something controversial that people knew the deceased wanted, that's going to be queried too. It's just an extra level of stress you don't really need when burying a close family member/friend.

View Post
I'd like a great mortuary temple where I can be buried with gold and jewels and various other grave goods to confuse future archaeologists. I want them to dig up my tomb and be thoroughly confused as to why I was entombed with a set of skeleton keys, a battleaxe, an analytical engine and a set of dragon figurines.
I'm reminded of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALXlcJM6Nk8).

Jay R
2014-10-14, 09:12 AM
"Finally - a forum where I get the last word."

Downzorz
2014-10-14, 09:22 AM
Downzorz
1995-?
Cyronics rule!

Frozen_Feet
2014-10-14, 09:27 AM

First, it's Finland. :smalltongue: Second, while I'm not inclined to take a trip to the local cemetery just to check (how lazy of me, when it's just across the street), I'm fairly sure we don't put more on them than the names of the deceased and their dates of birth and death. Maybe sometimes there's a biblical verse or two.

Now, back to the actual question...

"There were too many good choices to pick from, so I need to do this more than once to try them all."

"And so as you read these words
telling you now of my state
I tell you to enjoy life
I wish I could, but it's too late"

"Ottakaa te ilo irti elämästä
ja täyttäkää se ikävyyden lovi
Myöhäistä on silloin kun tuonen tuvil' tullaan
ja hiljainen on mullan musta povi"

"It's the fate of all things under the sky,
to grow old and wither and die."

"Taking it up with the management."

"It's hot down here."

"All the years in vain I fought
All my deeds have gone to naught
Unsung is this tale of mine,
Mislaid till the end of time"

"Hidden deep under the vale of the Moon
Entombed beneath white flowers of Death"

"The part of man
is to take the sombre path
Stumble in the dark,
stray amidst the dust and ash
Like forgotten ghosts
drifting in the driving wind
Dashing towards the Void
whirling blindly through the night"

Yes, visiting my grave would be depressing. As it bloody well should be. :smalltongue:

FinnLassie
2014-10-14, 10:53 AM
First, it's Finland. :smalltongue: Second, while I'm not inclined to take a trip to the local cemetery just to check (how lazy of me, when it's just across the street), I'm fairly sure we don't put more on them than the names of the deceased and their dates of birth and death. Maybe sometimes there's a biblical verse or two.

I visit Finnish cemeteries often and I can confirm what you say. :smalltongue: I'm not weird! I just know a lot of dead people! And I like to look for the oldest and youngest deaths, that's it I swear!

And, yeah, they might have the code for the verse written out there, but I don't think I've ever seen longer bit of text on a gravestone that was set in the modern times. Much more common during the Russian rule, I'd say.

Archonic Energy
2014-10-14, 12:45 PM
Archonic Energy
1980-2015
well Hippie DID warn him

blacklight101
2014-10-14, 03:19 PM
Not necessarily the best for me, but one of the favorites I've read over the years.

I done told you I was sick!

I think that guy died in the mid 1800s, but its funny little things like that that need to be remembered. I hope mine has the same level of panache (if that's even the right term here). Though, I'm not quite sure ashes get a headstone...

White Blade
2014-10-14, 03:41 PM
My friends have pretty much all agreed to write, "He was an honest man" in the event of my demise. It isn't so much my preference as what I feel would be the most honest tombstone line (even my enemies agree I'm no liar). As for a preference, I've always been fond of,

Micah Davis
1992-20XX
He was a human being

Because then it would always be sad.

Of course, I'm going to be cremated and my urn is going to be broken by my great grandchildren, but one can't have everything.

Hyena
2014-10-14, 04:05 PM
Hyena
1994-2015
He died like he lived - in his sleep.

Eldan
2014-10-15, 01:55 AM
My friends have pretty much all agreed to write, "He was an honest man" in the event of my demise

Now I'm tempted to change mine to "I was an honest man. Honestly!" :smalltongue:

sleepy hedgehog
2014-10-15, 01:11 PM
Sleepy Hedgehog
Logged in:1988
Segfaulted: XXXX
Good graphics. Balancing still needed.

Zurvan
2014-10-15, 08:01 PM

Now, back to the actual question...

"There were too many good choices to pick from, so I need to do this more than once to try them all."

"And so as you read these words
telling you now of my state
I tell you to enjoy life
I wish I could, but it's too late"

"Ottakaa te ilo irti elämästä
ja täyttäkää se ikävyyden lovi
Myöhäistä on silloin kun tuonen tuvil' tullaan
ja hiljainen on mullan musta povi"

"It's the fate of all things under the sky,
to grow old and wither and die."

"Taking it up with the management."

"It's hot down here."

"All the years in vain I fought
All my deeds have gone to naught
Unsung is this tale of mine,
Mislaid till the end of time"

"Hidden deep under the vale of the Moon
Entombed beneath white flowers of Death"

"The part of man
is to take the sombre path
Stumble in the dark,
stray amidst the dust and ash
Like forgotten ghosts
drifting in the driving wind
Dashing towards the Void
whirling blindly through the night"

Yes, visiting my grave would be depressing. As it bloody well should be. :smalltongue:

I can't settle on one, so here's a list for my family to choose from:

"If life gets you down, just remember: At least you aren't dead like me."

"Yup, I'm still dead. Thanks for checking up on me though."

Wow! You guys are really creative.

I kind of want something like this:

Zurvan
XXXX-XXXX
R.I.P
"Where you are one day I was.
And where I am one day you will be."

super dark33
2014-10-15, 08:05 PM
In Memory of Superdark33
Yknow, just remember he still exists.
And watching you not work.

Coidzor
2014-10-15, 09:01 PM
"Hit the road, Jack, and don't you come back."

Neli42
2014-10-17, 02:52 AM
And I like to look for the oldest and youngest deaths, that's it I swear!

My sibs and I used to do this every Sunday afternoon.

Kymme
2014-10-18, 10:54 PM
Kymme
1997 - 200X
The Greatest Duelist Who Ever Lived. And Died. Obviously.

Oneris
2014-10-18, 11:28 PM
"You win.
...for now."

"It's probably better this way."

"See you soon."

KerfuffleMach2
2014-10-22, 08:53 AM
My mom has stated several times that she wants "AMF" put on hers. Which, according to her, stands for "Adios, mother -------".

No idea for me, though.

Worlok
2014-10-31, 09:31 PM
"Get off my lawn!"

Because:

"Noone will read this, anyway."

But:

"My other grave is a pyramid!"

Although my dream is to be interred with a lot of cannabis seed and thus provide for the good people of this earth even in death, so maybe something like "Got head. Get stoned!" could work. Failing that, I'll forego burial altogether, put up "Back in five!" and have my body mummified, then mailed to my least favorite relatives for safe-keeping (enforced by not letting them have any of my money without involving the corpse in their daily life like some sort of horribly disturbing pet rock substitute for years on end). There's nothing you still have to care about when dead, far as I know. :smallbiggrin:

Anarion
2014-11-01, 01:02 AM
I haven't decided if I'd prefer a tomb that said "he was a good man" or one that said "he was a great man."

Neli42
2014-11-01, 07:52 PM
How about this one?
http://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles/a86_e9.jpg

Dienekes
2014-11-01, 08:22 PM
Because I enjoy making people miserable how about

Dienekes
Buried with his greatest treasures

And then I would like to be buried holding a card that says "God, you're gullible."

ghost_warlock
2014-11-02, 10:50 AM
I don't really want a headstone, or even a burial plot. I'd rather my body be given to science/medical research/organ donation and the ground put to practical use.

I suppose if there's no avoiding a burial and a marker for the grave, I hope someone will use my remains as fertilizer for a tree or something.

Septimus Faber
2014-11-02, 01:22 PM
R.I.P
SeptimusFabrius
"Your princess is in another castle. My corpse is right here."

I'm not even sure why that's funny, it just amused me briefly, so why not post it? /Internet-logic

Asta Kask
2014-11-02, 01:34 PM
R.I.P.
AstaKask
That is not dead
which can eternal lie
and with strange eons
even death may die

Septimus Faber
2014-11-02, 01:46 PM
R.I.P.
AstaKask
That is not dead
which can eternal lie
and with strange eons
even death may die

Is that a quotation? It sounds familiar, or maybe it's just me.

Jurai
2014-11-02, 01:50 PM
'Tis a rhyme about Cthulhu.

The Body of Jurai

December 11, 1990

Now

Uploaded to internet. No spam.

Asta Kask
2014-11-02, 02:21 PM
Is that a quotation? It sounds familiar, or maybe it's just me.

'Tis a rhyme about Cthulhu.

Yep. It's from H.P. Lovecraft's Call of Cthulhu.

Septimus Faber
2014-11-02, 02:29 PM

So... Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Asta Kask Gothenburg wgah'nagl fhtagn?

Asta Kask
2014-11-02, 02:38 PM
Ia Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Indeed.

Rater202
2014-11-02, 02:54 PM
I actually have multible qutations prepared depedning on how it is I eventually die.

If I pass from murder or malpractice "I'm comin back for ya, you sons a'bitches(you know who you are)"

If I pass before my greatest enemies "I'm haunting you right now. I see you in bed. I could do it better"

If I pass in some freak accident "Hey guys, check this out"

If I go the way I want He died after being stepped on by a tyrannosaurus while making love to identical triplet Japanese cheerleaders*

If I pass in any other circumstances "I'll be back as soon as I finish taking over Hell

*Note, this is something that will never happen, for multiple reasons. Meaning my preferred manner of death can not happen, which is to say I want to live forever.

Neli42
2014-11-02, 11:42 PM
That is true, but it appeared first in The Nameless City, almost a decade earlier.

I suppose if there's no avoiding a burial and a marker for the grave, I hope someone will use my remains as fertilizer for a tree or something.
This might appeal to you, then. I found it fascinating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7rS_d1fiUc

ghost_warlock
2014-11-03, 02:44 AM
This might appeal to you, then. I found it fascinating.
*snip*

[/SIZE]

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about this. Way better than a crummy tree! Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

Lea Plath
2014-11-03, 03:47 AM
"After all, to the well-organised mind, death is but the next great adventure." —Albus Dumbledore

MKV
2014-11-06, 05:20 PM
I want to be entombed in a full scale replica of the Tomb of Horrors with my skull encrusted with gems and placed in the final room just so any D&D player who finds the hill with stones arranged in a skull across the top will freak out (It would also do a pretty good job deterring grave robbers)

Bulldog Psion
2014-11-06, 05:45 PM
Invictus

The Succubus
2014-11-06, 07:19 PM
"No, we don't know how he managed to summon one either."

BannedInSchool
2014-11-06, 07:24 PM
Methos
"Damn it."

From memory, two immortals had a discussion like this:

Byron (yes, that Byron): Do you want a tombstone that reads, "He lived for centuries," or "For centuries he was ALIVE"?
Methos: You're not listening to me. I don't want a tombstone.

Akumie
2014-11-06, 08:00 PM
"Emily
1997-20XX
"Little by little, one travels far."-J.R.R. Tolkien."
Or
"Emily
1997-20XX
"You can only come to the morning through the shadows"-J.R.R. Tolkien"
I don't have much faith for my longevity.

Kid Jake
2014-11-06, 10:52 PM
Jake
1987-2026
"Took Him Long Enough."

arguskos
2014-11-07, 12:35 AM
<Name>
1988-20xx
"Tilted at plenty of windmills.
Was never taken seriously.
Lived a life worth living."

rs2excelsior
2014-11-07, 12:42 AM
rs2excelsior
1994-XXXX
IBO AUDACITER IN NOCTEM

Eldan
2014-11-07, 03:22 AM
Okay, if I'm not joking, probably something like:

"This is just Eldan's body,
Stop making a fuzz about it.
He won't care either way,
he doesn't exist anymore."

Scarlet Knight
2014-11-08, 12:03 AM
Scarlet Knight
1960-208X
Thank you for visiting.
If the red light comes on, please start digging.

Flickerdart
2014-11-11, 02:24 PM
As I Am, So Shall You Be. (http://www.harkavagrant.com/nonsense/teensthreesm.png)

Aolbain
2014-11-12, 06:21 PM
"Here lies Albin X
1996-2101
Beloved father, husband, friend and grandfather."

I'm boring that way.

Icewraith
2014-11-14, 11:50 AM
First Last
Date-Other Date
I apologize for not getting up to greet you.
The last time I did that people seemed upset.

Flickerdart
2014-11-14, 04:49 PM
"Here lies Albin X
1996-2101
Beloved father, husband, friend and grandfather."

I'm boring that way.
You plan to die just as war was beginning?

Traab
2014-11-17, 05:32 PM
Traab Fellhammer
1981-2014
"Im not dead, im resting!"

Rater202
2014-11-19, 10:46 AM
First Last
Date-Other Date
I apologize for not getting up to greet you.
The last time I did that people seemed upset.

Thank you, I needed that.

First Last
1993-XXXX
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for I'm the baddest mother trucker in the universe and if you think a little thing like being dead can stop me then you are sadly mistaken, brother.

Zalphon
2014-11-19, 03:28 PM
"Alison XXXX

1995-XXXX

"Her one regret was that she rolled a natural one when cutting up the Thanksgiving Turkey.""

Mauve Shirt
2014-11-19, 03:43 PM
Scrawled in sharpie
WILL HAUNT FOR COOKIES

Emperor Ing
2014-11-19, 03:53 PM
Emperor Ing
19XX - 2XXX
Epic Fail

Duck999
2014-11-19, 08:55 PM
Traab Fellhammer
1981-2014
"Im not dead, im resting!"

I'm pining for the fjords! I am not an ex-human!

SowZ
2014-11-20, 02:20 AM
Here lies SowZ.

And why not?

Duck999
2014-11-20, 07:50 PM
Maybe I will have gray text written on a gray gravestone. Kind of like this.
Text

Highlight it, if you will.

The Succubus
2014-11-22, 05:53 AM
"Can you move half a pace forward? My hands can't quite reach your ankles from there."

Kazyan
2014-11-25, 04:34 AM
Eh. If my mom is still around by the time I die of losing the insulin pump I'm probably going to need in the future, she can put whatever she wants on it to make her feel better. If not...I never really wanted to be here in the first place and likely won't do anything with my life that deserves remembering, so, no headstone.

TheThan
2014-11-25, 08:05 PM
What do I want on my tombstone?
Pepperoni and sausage (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnlZtAYAOt8)

I won’t need my body anymore. So just cremate me, load me into a shotgun shell and shoot me over some grasslands.

Ravens_cry
2014-11-25, 11:36 PM
'I made it.' it will read on my headstone carved in lunar basalt at Tranquillity Base Cemetery.
Hey, I can dream, right?

The Succubus
2014-11-26, 08:33 AM
What do I want on my tombstone?
Pepperoni and sausage (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnlZtAYAOt8)

I won’t need my body anymore. So just cremate me, load me into a shotgun shell and shoot me over some grasslands.

That's how Hunter S Thompson had his ashes disposed of, although iirc he used a cannon of some sort.

Duck999
2014-11-26, 04:19 PM
'I made it.' it will read on my headstone carved in lunar basalt at Tranquillity Base Cemetery.
Hey, I can dream, right?

Who needs to dream? This can be a reality. Look at the day and age we live in.

I think I will have my headstone say "Mars was pretty cool guys." Also, it will be on Saturn.
Not quite sure how that would work.

Dire Moose
2014-11-29, 03:06 PM
"Please don't open Locker #13 at (place really far away from graveyard)."

I will arrange to have a placard placed inside said locker reading "Wow, you people are really gullible."

ArlEammon
2014-12-09, 09:54 PM
"How long do I've got, Doc?'

Jay R
2014-12-09, 10:12 PM
He wanted something really stupid on his tombstone, so we wrote this instead.

ArlEammon
2014-12-09, 10:29 PM
ON topic:
There was a man who's last name was Od. Every time he had to tell someone his name, they would say , "That's Od". He would usually politely laugh it off. Finally, at the age of 110, he was on his death bed, and he was determined he wouldn't have to put up with anyone ever making that lame joke about his name again. His dying request was to just leave his grave stone blank.

One day, a man passed by a tomb stone with no name.
"Hmm. . . that's Odd".

GPuzzle
2014-12-10, 11:09 AM
"Here lies *name*. He ran fast, and he died a virgin."

Just to see if anyone gets the reference.

Neli42
2014-12-12, 02:09 AM
"Here lies *name*. He ran fast, and he died a virgin."

Just to see if anyone gets the reference.
Neither you nor Scout would be around to see if any one caught the reference. :smallbiggrin:

fanta5m1c
2014-12-18, 02:01 AM
http://mytimemattersblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/well-this-sucks-tombstone.jpg

Rater202
2014-12-18, 10:02 AM
"Jut in case Reincarnation is true, please don't step on any spiders..."

JoshL
2014-12-18, 03:36 PM
JoshL
1977-20XX
"Who?"

Bhu
2014-12-19, 04:06 PM
Nothing i could post on Gitp lol.

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-20, 01:38 AM
I'd want one of three things:

Here lies (Un)Inspired
1989-2015
Died as he lived, in a wang fire

or

Here Lies (Un)Inspired
1989-2015
* wtektakjtkw

*really small type gibberish, when they lean in to read it, a puff of my ashes are sprayed into their face

or

I'm With Stupid (my tombstone is an arrow pointing to the unlucky sod buried next to me)

Themrys
2014-12-20, 12:44 PM
http://www.cremationsolutions.com/mc_images/product/image/GoldPrincessTrellisRing.jpg

A diamond speaks for itself.
(This is a diamond made from human ashes.)

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-20, 01:43 PM
http://www.cremationsolutions.com/mc_images/product/image/GoldPrincessTrellisRing.jpg

A diamond speaks for itself.
(This is a diamond made from human ashes.)

Would you like the diamond to be made out of your ashes or your enemy's?

golentan
2014-12-20, 04:55 PM

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/26/2649625d2abe63c7d66c958aa9c476dd6cae917da286a25713 a7de36fef1ea0c.jpg

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-20, 05:03 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/26/2649625d2abe63c7d66c958aa9c476dd6cae917da286a25713 a7de36fef1ea0c.jpg

Is that "why not the two?" or like "Why not both?" My spanish is pretty bad.

golentan
2014-12-20, 05:07 PM
Is that "why not the two?" or like "Why not both?" My spanish is pretty bad.

It is (why not both)! Just think, trapping your enemy's molecules in an eternal struggle with your own, who could ask for more?

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-20, 05:10 PM
It is (why not both)! Just think, trapping your enemy's molecules in an eternal struggle with your own, who could ask for more?

In life we were enemies but perhaps in death we can be... a diamond.

golentan
2014-12-20, 05:14 PM
In life we were enemies but perhaps in death we can be... a diamond.

Also prevents anyone from resurrecting them if you do it right. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/trapTheSoul.htm)

Zurvan
2014-12-25, 08:13 AM
I wish my ashes whould be fused with melted metal and forged in the blade of a sword.

That whould be very awesome.

Themrys
2014-12-25, 07:26 PM

I doubt I could get access to my enemies' ashes, so ... my own ashes. Maybe with the inscription "I am Diamond" on the ring. :smallbiggrin:

Although, IF I was a DnD hero or such, and would kill my enemies, their bones would make good material for some fine bone china cups in skull form. (Not real skulls. They're icky, and also, there are holes in them, so drinking out of them is not really possible. As vegetarian, I have always been a bit conflicted about bone china made from animal bones, but if the enemies are dead anyway ...)

Diamonds are much too nice to be made from bad people's ashes. I want my heirs to be able to say "Diamonds are a girl's best friend" without irony. :smalltongue:

Godie1803
2014-12-29, 11:23 AM
First-Last
1993-XXXX
It's the cleric's fault

VincentTakeda
2015-01-09, 09:07 AM
Vincent Takeda
1974-xxxx
He sure had a way with women.
Not a good way, mind...
But good enough.

Antonok
2015-01-09, 10:18 AM
If I can't get my body ejected into space (so some distant alien civ can ressurect me in xxx years) I'm going to do the tree thing (http://www.treehugger.com/sustainable-product-design/poetree-a-funeral-urn-that-lets-you-plant-a-tree-from-ashes.html) (but with a redwood).

The plaque in front of the tree shall read 'No Herrings Allowed'

Peebles
2015-01-09, 10:26 AM
Peebles
1987-XXXX
In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have done that...

Jeff the Green
2015-01-09, 10:38 AM
Jeff
1988-<insert date here>
"What are you doing staring at my grave, you morbid ****?"
or
"He died as he was born: screaming and covered in ichor."
or
"The dirt underneath this rock used to be meat. That meat used to be a person."

Is that part of Scandiwegia?

thorgrim29
2015-01-09, 10:40 AM
I doubt I could get access to my enemies' ashes, so ... my own ashes. Maybe with the inscription "I am Diamond" on the ring. :smallbiggrin:

You could definitely do worse then a Pratchett quote on your tombstone... Personally I'd be partial to "what can the harvest hope for but the care of the reaper man" though.

GPuzzle
2015-01-09, 11:40 AM
G****** O******

XXXX - YYYY

"Dead. Not big surprise."

VincentTakeda
2015-01-09, 01:57 PM
Reminds me of David Letterman's top ten Keebler Elf Euphamisms for death...

Kicked the oxygen habit....
Super fudgearifically dead...

Duck999
2015-01-09, 03:36 PM
Reminds me of David Letterman's top ten Keebler Elf Euphamisms for death...

Kicked the oxygen habit....
Super fudgearifically dead...

On a scale of one to ten, how dead is this man?
Kadeadarific!

As quoted from TFS abridged

thorgrim29
2015-01-09, 03:43 PM
On a scale of one to ten, how dead is this man?
Kadeadarific!

As quoted from TFS abridged

Isn't it Cadaverific?

Duck999
2015-01-09, 03:50 PM
Isn't it Cadaverific?

I don't know, but kadeadarific is more about deadness.

Jeff the Green
2015-01-09, 08:07 PM
I don't know, but kadeadarific is more about deadness.

Also more Germanic, which doubles the death quotient.

positivespace
2015-01-10, 06:41 PM
TAB
1993-Oh god she's still alive
Why did we even try why why why why why