PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Warforged wizard?

Runemaul
2014-10-09, 07:42 PM
Hey gang. Starting a new campaign, and the DM is running the Eberron setting, but is allowing pretty much any book to be used. We are starting at 1'st level, and I was thinking about playing a Warforged wizard. Is this viable, and what PrC's would you recommend to use and why? I am thinking about taking Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil, but is there anything else before or after it I should shoot for?
Also, any help with feat and gear suggestions would be appreciated. I normally play a beat-stick, but I'm wanting to do something more versatile and eventually, more powerful.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Jeff the Green
2014-10-09, 08:06 PM
Personally I'd go Spellthief 1/Wizard n with Master Spellthief. That way you don't have to get Unarmored Body. In fact, you could grab Mithral Body if you want.

Runemaul
2014-10-09, 08:38 PM
Well, I just found the Warforged interesting, but we are allowed pretty much any race that doesn't have a level adjustment. What would you recommend for race? And I was slightly mistaken, he is taking a lot of the techno-science ideas from Eberron and putting them into a city of his creation on an island, but the rest of the world will pretty much be standard Faerun.

Troacctid
2014-10-09, 08:53 PM
Warforged are fine. They have good racial ability modifiers, they get a bunch of free immunities, and not needing to eat, sleep, or breathe is a nice perk. The only real drawback is the 5% spell failure, and that's easily dealt with.