PDA

View Full Version : Optimization (edit) Maximizing HP (3.P)

Rickshaw
2014-10-09, 10:57 PM
Currently building a Warder (d12) - Archon Blooded (+2 con/wis) Aasimar with the spell like ability traded away for an additional +2 con. Also went with scion of humanity alternate racial feature so as to be able to take fast learner. So far this is what I've got

Toughness feat
Finding your kin trait
Favored class bonus going into HP.
Fast learner feat

So far without magic items I'm looking at +80 hp at lvl 20 from those augments on top of hit die. I'm interested in seeing what else I can do to boost hp!

Tommy2255
2014-10-09, 11:23 PM
Do you have Magic of Incarnum? The [Some shade of blue] Toughness feat is basically toughness that scales with invested essentia.

Ninjaxenomorph
2014-10-09, 11:33 PM
Fast learner won't net you anything if you are already putting your favored class bonus into HP, it just allows you to take both options at the same time.

EnnPeeCee
2014-10-09, 11:34 PM
A while back I had asked about trying to maximize HP and got some interesting replies. Granted, it was for 3.5 not 3.P, but there may be something of use for you in the thread.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?213457-Maximizing-HP

ranagrande
2014-10-09, 11:38 PM
The Slow trait from Unearthed Arcana gives +1 HP per level.

Inevitability
2014-10-10, 11:47 AM
Dragonwrought kobold who takes Epic Toughness. +30 HP for each feat you can spare. Which, if you have a high-level caster to spare, approaches infinity.

peacenlove
2014-10-10, 12:10 PM
Are max hit point total or ways to protect your hit point pool a goal?
Amulet of Tears (MIC) gives up to 36 temporary hit points (12*3 charges)
Crystals of lifestealing and adamant armor (MIC) allow you to regain HP on hit and get you DR.

2014-10-10, 07:24 PM
Assuming no epic kobold cheese, you can take the PF Toughness feat, the 3.5 Improved Toughness feat, the 3.5 Slow trait (from Unearthed Arcana), and of course favored class bonus.

Rickshaw
2014-10-10, 10:27 PM
As far as temporary hp goes, I'm cool with that too! Mostly I want to be semi-immune to DM nova-bosses/swarms of baddies

Annoyed with able learner not being helpful, but since improved toughness has a different name than it's pathfinder version, it should totally fly with my DM.

The slow trait is kinda harsh in heavy armor (half of 15 in dnd is 5 it seems:smallyuk: yuk!) but I could just find a series of disposable mounts till the wing feat becomes available.

Been looking through the pathfinder magic items, and aside from some small boosts from ioun stones, there doesn't seem to be much there besides boosting con. Any advice on 3.5 gear?

Fax Celestis
2014-10-10, 11:04 PM
Psychic Warrior who takes all feats but one as Psionic Talent (that one feat is Psionic Body) gets +36 HP and has 419 PP with which he can burn into vigor 20 PP at a time (for +100 temp HP, or an effective 2095 temp HP). d8 HD, but you can make up for that with ridiculous CON mods.

Edit: found the thread. Relevant math. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10394571#post10394571

Xan_Kriegor
2014-10-10, 11:06 PM
If your health gained from leveling up isn't max, you can throw money at it (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/retraining) to make it higher (up to your normal max). Depending on your downtime available, this may not be available (takes 3 days per point) so your mileage may vary.

Greenish
2014-10-10, 11:10 PM
Currently building a Warder (d12) - Archon Blooded (+2 con/wis) Aasimar with the spell like ability traded away for an additional +2 con. Also went with scion of humanity alternate racial feature so as to be able to take fast learner. So far this is what I've got

Toughness feat
Finding your kin trait
Favored class bonus going into HP.
Fast learner feat

So far without magic items I'm looking at +80 hp at lvl 20 from those augments on top of hit die. I'm interested in seeing what else I can do to boost hp!A nitpick: you're not optimizing your HP, you're trying to maximize it.