PDA

View Full Version : Limited arcane blaster.

Anium
2014-10-10, 07:48 AM
In a game i'm playing as a GOD Wizard my dm has asked me to tone it down as i'm just breaking the game, so i decided to retire him as my group is low op.

So now i have the task to make a new arcane that doesnt save or die/ save or suck. So i decided to make a blaster, warmage, sorcerer or wizard with ECL 5.
The books i have available are PHB, PHB2, complete arcane, complete divine, complete warrior, complete adventurer, Eberron campaign, eberron's player guide, 5 nations, races of eberron and sharn: The city of towers.

I just want to be blasty now, maybe look at the next two or three levels in advance at most.

32point buy.

fishyfishyfishy
2014-10-10, 07:58 AM
Eberron huh? Play a Warforged Warmage named Artillery. Grab Fell Drain Spell, Fell Frighten Spell, Fell Weaken Spell, and Arcane Thesis (Magic Missile). Use the PHB2 alternate class feature for advanced learning to pick up some non evocation spells for a bit of utility, but mostly stick to blasting things with magic missiles and fireballs.

Gwendol
2014-10-10, 08:00 AM
Warmage/Sandshaper is a good mix: you get absolute flexibility with your blasting, and still have a few more spells left for BFC and whatnot.

Anium
2014-10-10, 08:23 AM
Those fell metamagics arent available i think, and the arcane thesis needs lvl 6(i know i will pick it, still wondering wich spell). Sadly, Sandstorm isnt available either...

fishyfishyfishy
2014-10-10, 09:29 AM
Those fell metamagics arent available i think, and the arcane thesis needs lvl 6(i know i will pick it, still wondering wich spell). Sadly, Sandstorm isnt available either...

Oh right. I forgot what book those come from. You could still do warmage and nab yourself some useful blasty metamagic like empower. On a class like Warmage you can take things like Spell Focus (Evocation) and Spell Focus (Conjuration) and get decent mileage out of them. If you really want to weaken yourself so that you don't get too powerful, but also can consistently deal damage, there's also Spell Penetration.

In the more powerful vein of options you can choose things like Energy Substitution, Born of the Three Thunders, and Energy Admixture for some massive damage and crowd control.

I would still try to run the Fell metamagic feats by the DM and see if you can get an exception made for just those. It's not like they're particularly overpowering. They wouldn't do anything to Undead, and there are plenty of other creatures immune to fear.