PDA

View Full Version : Sports Fantasy Football

tomandtish
2014-10-10, 12:36 PM
So I saw there was no Fantasy Football thread, and if Kick the Can goes in here then I figure Fantasy Football does as well.

Anyone playing? If so, how are you doing this season? My family league is not doing well at all (1-4), but my pay league (while 2-3) is better than it sounds. I’m up against a 4-1 player this week.
Starting Positions:
1 QB, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (WE/TE/RB), 1 Kicker, 1 Cornerback, 1 Safety, 1 Flex Def player (any defensive position)

My starting lineup for this week:
Philip Rivers, Marshawn Lynch, Le'Veon Bell, Emmanuel Sanders, Golden Tate, Antonio Gates, Alshon Jeffery, Leodis McKelvin, Malcolm Jenkins, C.J. Mosley, Stephen Gostkowski

My Bench:
Jimmy Graham, Nick Foles, Reggie Wayne, Josh Gordon, Jelani Jenkins, Knowshon Moreno

My good picks/pleasant surprises: Lynch and Bell were good picks from the start (#2 and 3 RBs in our league currently, Lynch is 3 probably only because he’s had his bye already). Rivers I worked a trade for and the combo of him and Gates looks like it will start to pay off. Graham is always good (on bye this week).

My disappointments: Foles tops the list. He has this annoying habit of playing very poorly in the first half and then trying to coming on strong in the second half. This badly backfired against San Francisco. Wayne has also been something of a disappointment, as he’s not getting into the endzone much. (for the record we are a 0.5 point PPR league).

I’m hoping the gamble of stashing Gordon and Moreno (someone else dropped him when he got hurt) will also pay off.