PDA

View Full Version : Challenging Foes/Evil Items for Artificer/Drow Campaign? Ideas Needed.

Solace of Tides
2014-10-11, 03:50 AM
I'm running a campaign in the abyss. I have a Lawful Neutral Human Artificer & a Chaotic Evil Drow Assassin playing. They will soon be encountering a hag covey w/ the sphere of annihilation nearby. They will later encounter a red dragon upon the disappearing path, then they will come to an evil clerics bronze citadel where sacrifices are being made. Then I was thinking they would encounter a demon army. They might be able to control the demon army through some musical instruments found in the evil chapel (magical horns, drums & such). Maybe somewhere along the lines some lava pits, random portals, & maybe even one of those pirate ships out of the book of vile darkness with the fire elementals as prisoner so it can sail in the lava rivers. The problem I've been having is coming up with challenging encounters, the enemies I've been choosing are a cake walk even though they seem hard at first, also i'm not sure what would be useful items to the artificer & drow. Being l/n & c/e & all I wasn't sure what items would motivate them or what they would want to take. I've looked but nothing really sticks out. Thanks for all your ideas.

Just need a brainstorm/motivators/challenges. Thanks.

They are both level 10, but will soon be leveling up 3 levels.

frost890
2014-10-11, 05:38 AM
We might need a bit more information on the pc's to help. but an artificer battery that can hold charges for wands/staffs might be useful for any char with umd.