PDA

View Full Version : Dementrivia I (Round 5) (Assassination Attempts)

Silkenfist
2007-03-16, 07:44 AM
Welcome to the Dementrivia, the living evidence that education and entertainment do NOT mix.

What is this about? You can read the long description (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35592) or accept the short explanation:
Each round, I give you one question. You send me an answer that is wrong, but as funny and entertaining as possible. After some time, I will gather your entries and reveal them. Then you may vote for your favorite answer, thus awarding it points.

Four rounds and Raistlin has taken over the lead. Still chances for everyone, though.

Question 5: Throughout the entire 20th centruy, US presidents were frequent targets of assassination attempts. In late 2005, the first assassination attempt on an US president in the 21st century was conducted. Contributing rarity, the event was one of the few attempts that did not involve shooting the target. What exactly was the assassination plan and why did it fail?

Please send your answers as a message until Monday, 3 PM Eastern

Note that this is a game without signups. You can send answers/vote anytime.

Dementrivia's Season I Standings after 4 Rounds

1. Raistlin1040 (25 Points)
2. Deckmaster (18 Points)
3. evnafets (12)
4. DLD (11)
5. David94, Deathcow (9)
7. Eldritch Knight (8)
8. Alarra, Tormsskull (7)
10. Blood, Castaras, faerwain (5)
13. Captain van der Decken, Shadow, Zar Peter (4)
16. Calamity, Khantalas, Lord Fullbladder (3)
19. Indurain, Rama Lei, heretic, Lord Herman, Atreyu the Masked Llama, Xaspian (2)
24. Charity, Korith, Lucky, purple cube, AwesomeGirl (1)

The Rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35592)

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-16, 10:55 AM
I just thought of a fairly amusing answer. But I'll wait a bit to see if anything else comes up.

Zar Peter
2007-03-16, 12:58 PM
You have to PM Silkenfist, you don't see the other answers before end of answering time.

Silkenfist
2007-03-17, 02:14 PM
I think she means, she'll wait whether something else pops up in her mind.

However, it is always possible to change your answer later on. So you can just send it and revice it later.

Silkenfist
2007-03-19, 07:11 PM
Just 9 answers? Giving more time didn't do much good apparently.

Question 5: Throughout the entire 20th centruy, US presidents were frequent targets of assassination attempts. In late 2005, the first assassination attempt on an US president in the 21st century was conducted. Contributing rarity, the event was one of the few attempts that did not involve shooting the target. What exactly was the assassination plan and why did it fail?

True Answer: The assassin wrapped a hand grenade in a handkerchief, hid in a crowd attending a speech of the president and then tried to throw it onto the podium. The plan failed because the throw missed the podium entirely and the wrap prevented the pin from being expelled normally.

Your answers:

Answer 1:
The most recent plan to assassinate the US president was a complicated affair involoving a pineapple, some copper wire and the president's left boot. It was dastardly foiled when the president decided to go barefoot for the afternoon.

Answer 2:
Roy and Elan were hired for the job. They snuck into the president's office tried to combine sarcasm and constant idiocy to drive the president to suicide. their plan failed when a human and a dwarf broke also on a mission to kill the president. Not much was know out these two but the human was said to be wearing a black ninja outfit and had messy black hair and the dwarf was said to identify himself as "Kaboom!" Redaxe.

Answer 3:
A pizza was poisoned and successfully smuggled into the delivery for the White House. However, the lack of parking space around the White House caused an argument with the Secret Service agent over giving tip for a late pizza, finally leading to the delivery boy refusing to hand it over.

Answer 4:
Plan: Infect the presidental dog with rabies.
Failure: The NRA got a hint that someone was trying to kill the president without using a gun. They investigated with great effort and finally they found the conspiracy.
Charlton Heston himself shot the wannabee-assasins for not using the traditonal half-automatic gun for replacing the leader of the western world.

Answer 5:
They tried to put implants into their minds to make them jump off cliffs. But an inborn human ability for survival overrided it.

Answer 6:
The plot involved kidnapping the US president, and subjecting him to a 240 hour Teletubby & Barney marathon. It failed primarily because those attempting the plot accidentally kidnapped Canada's prime minister instead. Not surprisingly, no one noticed.....

Answer 7:
The plan was to give the President a laptop with a link to this site. It would make the President dash his brains out after reading stuff written by Rex. It failed because George W. Bush can't read. Go figure.

Answer 8:
The plan was to come up with a better plan, and it failed because the guy who made up plans went on lunch break.

Answer 9:
The assassin tried to kill the president by dropping the Big Ben on his head. The killer would steal the Big Ben from London, hide it aboard an airplane heading for Washington, and when the plane was exactly above the White House, drop it out of the window.
His plan almost succeeded, but he had forgotten that airplane windows generally don't open. Customs agents confiscated the Big Ben upon landing, and it was returned to London. The assassin was sentenced to 50 years of public ridicule.

Vote, vote, vote, vote for the best answer in the batch. Reward the creative dudes and be rewarded yourself. This process is open until Wednesday, 5 PM Eastern.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-03-19, 07:22 PM
I vote for lucky number Seven.

Khantalas
2007-03-19, 07:32 PM
Me, too. Too bad I forgot to post an answer of my own (which would be, strangely, very much like 7, except it would be me and not Rex.).

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-19, 07:35 PM
Personally, I have to give it to number 3.

Deathcow
2007-03-19, 08:13 PM
I'm gonna go with numba one on this one.

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-19, 10:24 PM
I'll go for 1.

Angela
2007-03-20, 01:42 AM
#6 for me...

Zar Peter
2007-03-20, 02:09 AM
I'm with 7

Lord Herman
2007-03-20, 02:17 AM
I vote #1.

Calamity
2007-03-20, 02:31 AM
#7 all the way!

Castaras
2007-03-20, 10:44 AM
7. Blankity.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-20, 10:49 AM
While we all like Rex, I think going for the "Bush is dumb" joke is too easy and political. That's why I chose #3. Its silly enough to be funny, but its plausible, and it managed to avoid being political at all. GO 3!

Blood
2007-03-20, 02:46 PM
I'll go with Answer #2, but there weren't really any short ones! The long ones are funny if you want to read through them, but they bore me when I don't get to the punchline fast enough. :smalltongue:

Calamity
2007-03-20, 02:50 PM
1 line answers really aren't as easy when the question asks two things, epsecially that dang 'why' question :P

Silkenfist
2007-03-20, 03:12 PM
Calamity: I saw that the long answers generally seemed to be more popular, so I am going to do more "How" and "Why" questions instead of "Who" and "What". That way, even the swift answers will be elaborate enough.

faerwain
2007-03-21, 02:27 AM
While we all like Rex, I think going for the "Bush is dumb" joke is too easy and political. That's why I chose #3. Its silly enough to be funny, but its plausible, and it managed to avoid being political at all. GO 3!

Yep, my thoughts exactly,too obvious although it was funny.
So my choice be the laconic #8.
(With the surreal #9 a close second)

evnafets
2007-03-21, 05:16 PM
Answer #6
Actually on second thoughts, #3 includes pizza.

Xaspian
2007-03-21, 06:46 PM
I like number nine. Assuming that when you said 'the Big Ben' you were referring to the bell, not the tower.

But I'm gonna give my vote to 8

heretic
2007-03-21, 10:01 PM
Dang it. I read the first post and the title and just now noticed we were already voting...after sending in two awsome answers...:smallfurious:

Oh well, I'll go ahead and vote for #7. Both of mine were similar. :smallwink:

Alarra
2007-03-22, 09:53 AM

And I need to learn not to actually come in here and pay attention to new threads going up.

Silkenfist
2007-03-22, 01:26 PM
Polls closed. Here's how you voted:

Answer 1 by Angela
3 votes from Deathcow, Eldritch Knight and Lord Herman

Answer 2 by Calamity
1 vote from Blood

Answer 3 by faerwain
2 votes from Atreyu the Masked Llama and evnafets

Answer 4 by Zar Peter

Answer 5 by Castaras
1 vote from Alarra

Answer 6 by Eldritch Knight
1 vote from Angela

Answer 7 by Raistlin1040
6 votes from Calamity, Castaras, heretic, Khantalas, Lord Fullbladder and Zar Peter

Answer 8 by Blood
2 votes from faerwain and Xaspian

Answer 9 by Lord Herman

A nice amount of votes is good, even though my personal favorite (surreal #9) once again did not score at all. Meanwhile, the "cheap" anti-Bush answer scored most points although I should have realized that I pretty much asked for an answer like that.

Raistlin scores 12 points and extends his lead in the rankings.

Dementrivia's Season I Standings after 5 Rounds

1. Raistlin1040 (37 Points)
2. Deckmaster (18)
3. evnafets (13)
4. DLD (11)
5. Deathcow, Eldritch Knight (10)
7. David94 (9)
8. Alarra, Blood, faerwain (8)
11. Castaras, Tormsskull (7)
13. Calamity, Zar Peter (5)
15. Angela, Captain van der Decken, Khantalas, Lord Fullbladder, Shadow (4)
20. Atreyu the Masked Llama, heretic, Lord Herman, Xaspian (3)
24. Indurain, Rama Lei (2)
26. Charity, Korith, Lucky, purple cube, AwesomeGirl (1)

Raistlin can still be reached but it will require at least two victories to close the gap. But with the target at 101 points, even newcomers will have fair chaces to do so.

Lord Herman
2007-03-22, 01:42 PM
I like number nine. Assuming that when you said 'the Big Ben' you were referring to the bell, not the tower.

Au contraire, I did mean the tower.

edit: When will the next round start?

Raistlin1040
2007-03-22, 05:03 PM
Sorry Americans. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I was on a Mountain Dew/Pixie Stick bender.

Silkenfist
2007-03-22, 05:43 PM
Almost forgot: Answers are due Sunday, 4 PM Eastern

heretic
2007-03-22, 06:32 PM
...would help to have a question...perhaps that's just me though...