PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need help building: Sonic the Hedgehog

PsyBomb
2014-10-11, 12:10 PM
Hello Playground!

Title says it. I'm currently running a PbP in the Kingdom Hearts setting, and I decided to make Mobius one of the locations. I have a lot planned out, but I'm running into a major roadblock. How in the HECK do I stat and class out Sonic? That's what I'm coming to you guys for.

Preferably somewhere in the level 6-7 range (20 PB), I need a speed-demon build for the Blue Streak. I can custom-build the race all day long if need be, the max I set for players was 15 RP. All Paizo and DSP (including Akashic Mysteries) is open to build from, though due to the frequency of it recently (Seriously, Fa Zhou is a BEAST as a Bushi) I'd prefer to avoid PoW if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas.

Jacob.Tyr
2014-10-11, 12:32 PM
Are psionics an option? How much of his power do you want to be innate? Racial? Items? I have a few ideas, going through some stuff for barbarians/brawlers/monks right now and will get back to you shortly.

PsyBomb
2014-10-11, 12:35 PM
Psionics are perfectly fine, they are from DSP (I have a Dread and a Kaigun Marksman, Jack Skellington and Vincent Valentine respectively) already in the party.

Jacob.Tyr
2014-10-11, 02:18 PM
I would give the race a base speed of 40', and give him some sort of custom item of expeditious retreat (he does have some nice shoes...).
Then the following:
Base Stats Before Race (If Str Penalty exists, up this and lower other places. He needs str 13 for feats)
Str 13
Dex 18
Con 14
Int 8
Wis 8
Cha 9

Brawler 7
1st - Weapon Finesse
2nd - Agile Maneuvers
3rd - Power Attack
5th - Improved Overrun
5th - Charge Through (Bonus)
7th - Deadly Agility

Can use martial flexibility to grab other feats as well.
6X/Day, as a swift action gain two combat feats for 1 minute.
Feats of Interest:
Greater Overrun,
Combat Reflexes

Probably actually grab the pummeling style feat when you qualify/actually have an open feat slot. Pummeling charge when you can as well.

Maneuver Training from brawler should focus on overrun maneuvers.

Charge Through, Greater Overrun, and Combat Reflexes allows you to run through enemies, potentially knocking them down and getting an AoO against them. This seems really thematically appropriate for Sonic, who runs through enemies and that is how he primarily causes damage.
40' racial + expeditious retreat gives you a charge distance of 140', which seems sufficient for Sonic.

Notes:
Hoping the race gets a +2 dex, giving him +5 total. With Greater Overrun and Maneuver Training, his overrun bonus should be 7+5+4+2=+18. A belt of +2 dex gets this to 19. Gauntlets of Skilled Maneuvers (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/e-g/gauntlets-of-the-skilled-maneuver) are another +2 (he wears gloves, right?) getting you to +21.

Spore
2014-10-11, 02:23 PM
His race needs "Sprint: Once per minute, Sonic increased his movement speed tenfold." That's how cheetahs and other fast sprinters are done.

Genth
2014-10-11, 02:26 PM
I think the key question is, how many Chaos emeralds has he collected already? :p

Jacob.Tyr
2014-10-11, 02:39 PM
Forgot to note: Vicious Stomp is also of interest, as you get an AoO against opponents that fall prone around you. This stacks with Greater Overrun, so you could get 2 AoO's against an opponent you overrun and knock down.

Also, you can only charge through two opponents each round. Overrun can be taken as part of a charge, and charge through should add one to the number you can overrun on a charge. This will eat up all but one of your AoO's if you knock them down anyway, and at the end you get to make an attack? I'm not sure on this now that I've reread some rules... Anyone able to clarify how Charge/Overrun/Charge Through combine?

PsyBomb
2014-10-11, 02:47 PM
Nice!

I can do you a bit better on one point, though: the Piranha Strike feat can replace Power Attack, freeing up Strength to drop to 7.

Jacob.Tyr
2014-10-11, 02:54 PM
Nice!

I can do you a bit better on one point, though: the Piranha Strike feat can replace Power Attack, freeing up Strength to drop to 7.
Oh awesome!
When you finish up the race/final build, mind posting it?
Edit: Charge through requires STR 13, but you're the DM...

2014-10-11, 04:37 PM
Are you making Sonic the Hedgehog, or Sanic Hedjhog?

PsyBomb
2014-10-11, 08:27 PM
Are you making Sonic the Hedgehog, or Sanic Hedjhog?

I... do not know who or what that second one is.

Anyway, for the Race Creator:

Stats: +2 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Con (0 RP, Sonic is quick and outgoing, but fragile)
-Final stats, plus level adjustment, come out to 8, 20, 12, 10, 8, 10

Lucky, Lesser (+1 on saving throws, 2 RP)
Fleet-Footed (Run as bonus feat, +2 Initiative, 3 RP)
Fast x2 (+20 movement speed, 3 RP)
Defensive Training, Greater (+2 Dodge bonus to AC, 4 RP)

Total: 12 RP

Going to end up skipping Charge Through, taking Piranha Strike over Power Attack, and probably grabbing Pummeling Style as the level-7 feat. Working on putting the actual sheet together now.