PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Making the Warmaster Build a reality

Smorgonoffz
2014-10-11, 02:14 PM
Since i've read the Warmaster build by Person_Man iwanted to really build it.

So let's begin:

Race:Half ogre

Classes:

5/6 warrior levels(Dungeoncrasher acf)

4 war hulk

1 Master of masks here begins the problem, hoq can i multiclass into this class?.

War hulk says: A character with levels in the war hulk prestige class is considered to have 0 ranks in all Intelligence-, Wisdom-, and Charisma-based skills (whether or not he has bought ranks in them previously). The only exception is the Intimidate skill, which works normally.

It seems then that i cant enter a prc with skill requisites, because i'm not considered to have any ranks in to them(this also regards warmind). Any idea to overcome this part?

Warmind 5

Feats: the one mentione by person_man

Fax Celestis
2014-10-11, 02:17 PM
Go into MoM first?

Smorgonoffz
2014-10-11, 02:19 PM
The problem is getting 8 rank into a cross class skill T.T

Jeff the Green
2014-10-11, 03:10 PM
Enter as a Goliath Barbarian instead of a half-ogre?

Smorgonoffz
2014-10-12, 03:06 AM
1) the goliath powerful build doesn't allow to ge into the war hulk prc

2) with the goliath barbarian acf, i will be able to acces the war hulk features only when raging

3) the fighter levels are needed because the build is feat hungry

torrasque666
2014-10-12, 03:29 AM
Mixed up Fighter and Warrior there bud. Unless you want​ to use an NPC class.

Smorgonoffz
2014-10-12, 03:42 AM
It always happens, in my mother language they mean the same thing XD

torrasque666
2014-10-12, 03:46 AM
Its nothing mang. Hell, in english they mean the same thing too. :smalltongue:

Smorgonoffz
2014-10-12, 03:50 AM
A nice diversion, but i still need to overcome the cross class skill ranks T.T

Andezzar
2014-10-12, 04:15 AM
2) with the goliath barbarian acf, i will be able to acces the war hulk features only when ragingThat is not true. You only need to fulfill the prerequisites when you take the first level of the class (i.e. on level up). Contrary to feats there is no rule that you lose the class features of a PrC if you no longer fulfill the prerequisite at a later point (except for the PrCs in CA and CW). So yes, even when you are only under the effect of an enlarge person spell during level up you would be able to take the 1st level of war hulk, as long as you somehow have a BAB of 5 and cleave.

It always happens, in my mother language they mean the same thing XDIn the German translation of the books they switched it around. Krieger = warrior is the PC class, Kämpfer = Fighter the NPC class :smallconfused:

Its nothing mang. Hell, in english they mean the same thing too. :smalltongue:There are some subtle differences. Fighter is someone who fights, a warrior is someone who ocupies himself with war. There are fights that have nothing to do with war.

torrasque666
2014-10-12, 04:15 AM
Is there a reason you went with the Half-Ogre race over the Half-Ogre template? Because if you applied that to a human, took able learner, delayed MoM until level 14, you could get them that way.

So a Fighter 6/War Hulk 4/Warmind 3/MoM 1/Warmind 2 would fit.

As for getting the ranks, there is the school of thought that says that if you don't qualify for a PrC, you lose the abilities(minus saves, HD, and BAB, the fundamental parts of a level) until you requalify. Depending on how your DM rules needing to meet the qualifications, either get the party wizard to cast reduce person on you, or get a continuous item of it(12,000GP). If your DM follows that school of thought anyway.

There are some subtle differences. Fighter is someone who fights, a warrior is someone who ocupies himself with war. There are fights that have nothing to do with war.

Bah, semantics.

Smorgonoffz
2014-10-12, 04:17 AM
I choose half ogre race because being fully 3.5 ovverides Savage species who's 3.0.

torrasque666
2014-10-12, 04:20 AM
I was referring to the template from dragon magazine 313 (http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/half-ogre.shtml), not the half-ogre from Savage Species. Granted, I don't know my DragMag well, so it might be 3.0. I'm pretty sure its 3.5 though.

Smorgonoffz
2014-10-12, 04:25 AM
I might be able to pass it as 3.5XD

Chambers
2014-10-12, 11:12 AM
Is there a thread explaining what the Warmaster build is?

Edit: What's the purpose of Master of Masks in this build?

Smorgonoffz
2014-10-12, 11:25 AM
Master of Masks 1 (Complete Scoundrel) provides the Gladiator Mask, which gives you +1 to hit and damage, and proficiency with ALL martial and exotic weapons. Having proficiency with every exotic weapon to some extent replaces the need to take feats like Knock-Down, Improved Disarm, Scorpion's Grasp, Spiked Chain, and all of the pre-requisites involved in taking them. (Check the Haberdash link if you want to full list of useful exotic weapons). Although the exotic weapons which replace these feats are generally weaker then a build that takes those feats, it's far more efficient.

Chambers
2014-10-12, 11:34 AM
Hmm. I figured it would be some way to get around the No Skills 4 U part of War Hulk.