PDA

View Full Version : PoW!

KingSmitty
2014-10-11, 04:57 PM
so reading over some of the maneuvers for Primal Fury discipline, i noticed something cool.

primal warrior stance (level 3 stance) is worded almost exactly the same as powerful build, and states that it stacks with abilities and effects that increase size, so would it stack with powerful build i wonder?

it doesn't say you become larger, you are just now treated as being larger. and melee weapons count as 2 sizes larger.

So a goliath would then be treated as being huge, and his melee attacks would be treated as gargantuan. and then you have mountain rage...

print this page (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/the-art-of-the-blade?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F)

Jacob.Tyr
2014-10-11, 11:07 PM
Goliath and Mountain Rage are both 3.5, if you aren't into mixing them. The race in Pathfinder is Half-Giant. I don't know if there is a mountain rage equivalent in PF, but if there is it should stack. I'm not sure about Primal Warrior and Powerful build, since Primal Warrior is basically Powerful Build: The Stance. By Raw it should work.

Half-Giant PathWalker focusing on Primal Warrior and using Expansion could be really awesome.

torrasque666
2014-10-12, 12:49 AM
Primal Warrior Stance and Powerful build wouldn't stack. They both state that you're treated as one size larger, yes, but your size doesn't actually change. A Half-Giant is still medium, until altered by Expansion/Enlarge Person. Note how powerful build states "The benefts of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category." while Primal Warrior states "the benefits of this stance stack with abilities or effects that increase the initiator's size (such as enlarge person (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/enlarge-person))."

In neither case is your size category actually changing, thus they can't effect each other. Primal Warrior is a bit better in that your weapons hurt more, while still being the same size.