PDA

View Full Version : Four School Specialization Feats [Feat]

Maerok
2007-03-16, 12:52 PM
Advanced School Specialization [Wizard]
Your dedicated study in one school of spells has led you to gain greater power in your school.
Prerequisite: Wizard level 10, Spellcraft 13, Spell Focus (chosen school)
Benefit: Your Spellcraft bonus to your chosen school improves to +4. Whenever to make a caster level check regarding your chosen school, you gain a +2 bonus (for spell resistance and counterspelling, etc.). You gain an additional 1st-, 2nd-, and 3rd-level spell slot which may only be spent on your chosen school.

School Specialization Mastery [Wizard]
On the way to finally completing your studies, you've gained phenomenal skill.
Prerequisite: Wizard level 15, Spellcraft 18, Greater Spell Focus (chosen school), Advanced School Specialization
Benefit: Your Spellcraft bonus to your chosen school improves to +6. Whenever to make a caster level check regarding your chosen school, you gain a +4 bonus (for spell resistance and counterspelling, etc.). You gain an additional 4th-, 5th-, and 6th-level spell slot which may only be spent on your chosen school.

Epic School Specialization [Wizard, Epic]
You're training in your chosen school is unrivaled.
Prerequisite: Wizard level 20, Spellcraft 23, Epic Spell Focus (chosen school), School Specialization, School Specialization Mastery
Benefit: Your Spellcraft bonus to your chosen school improves to +8. Whenever to make a caster level check regarding your chosen school, you gain a +6 bonus (for spell resistance and counterspelling, etc.). You gain an additional 7th-, 8th-, and 9th-level spell slot which may only be spent on your chosen school.

Divine School Specialization [Wizard, Epic, Divine]
Nothing stands in the way of your arcane might.
Prerequisite: Wizard level 25, Spellcraft 28, Epic School Specialization, Divine Rank 2+, Divine Spell Focus
Benefit: Your Spellcraft bonus to your chosen school improves to +10, and add half your divine rank as a bonus. Whenever to make a caster level check regarding your chosen school, you gain a +8 bonus (for spell resistance and counterspelling, etc.), and add half your divine rank as a bonus. You gain an additional spell slot per two divine ranks which may only be spent on your chosen school and is permanently set to spell levels from 1st to 9th. (A deity of divine rank 10 gains 5 spell slots to divide among his or her spell levels from 1st to 9th.)

Morgan_Scott82
2007-03-16, 12:56 PM
I feel that a feat that a single feat granting three extra spells per day is overpowered, even with the stipulations you've placed on it. I can't think of a single other feat that grants additional spells per day, therefore I don't have a good reference for the powercurve and breakpoint of this feat chain, but my gut reaction is that they are over the top.

Fax Celestis
2007-03-16, 12:59 PM
In Complete Arcane, there's a feat that grants one additional spell slot. Having a feat that grants three, and extra schwag, is a bit over the top.