PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The dreaded Corgiwere!

Rfkannen
2014-10-11, 10:42 PM
The Corgiwere

http://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/corgi-pack-550x412.jpg#geekosystem
here is depicted a pack hunting

Since the begging of time the dreaded Corgiwere has haunted the land. The Corgiwere were bred by the gods to serve a variety of roles from the hunting of sinners to baking, However most Corgiweres live on the material plane and have a variety of normal jobs. Yet by far the dream of every Corgiwere is to live within the house of a god and receive the heroic reward of the holy belly-rub. Corgiwere as a race bred by many gods have differing personalities depending on their upbringing, however most are energetic and have a tendency to herd animals. Some say that the Corgiwere are simply an adorable race that is filled with delusions of godhood, however all Corgiwere respond by saying that they are seriously deadly god-bred monstrosities!

Ability score increase. Your charisma score increases by 2. Your constitution increases by 1.

Age. Fool The Corgiwere is immortal! However it could be by pure coincidence most die at around 200.

Alignment. The Corgiwere is the embodiment of the raw power of the universe, as such they tend towards nuetral.

Size. The Corgiwere is small in all its forms. Yet in all forms they are terrifying like a creature 10 times there size

Speed. You are faster than death, your speed is 35 feet in hybrid or corgi form. Your speed is 25 feet in halfling form.

darkvision. Nothing can hide from the eyes of the Corgiwere you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

The herders of gods sheep. You gain proficiency in the intimidation skill. You have advantage when intimidating things that resemble farm animals.

ferocious teeth. You have a 1d4 bite attack. It deals piercing damage.

Mastery of cows. When you yell insults at things that resemble farm animals they understand you, even if they do not have a language or don't speak one you speak. also you can shove creatures of any size, as opposed to the usual maximum of 1 size category larger than you.

The form of the beast. You can use your action to poly-morph into a specific small halfling or a corgi hybid, or back to your true form of a bipedal corgi. Your statistics are the same however in halfling form you lose your bite attack.

You can run but you cannot hide. You have advantage on wisdom (perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.

Language. you can speak, read, and write common and corgi. Corgi is the secret language that only the corgi speak.

edit;
So yeah I made this race. However right now it feels a bit.... Weak and unflavorfull. I would love any advice you could give!

also I do not own corgis, so if you do give me your suggestion.

dragonjek
2014-10-12, 12:39 AM
I can't see your image of the corgiweres.

This is obviously proof of their incredible talent at stealth (which can fool even cameras), or perhaps they are simply too terrifying for my pitiful human eyes to perceive.

Rfkannen
2014-10-12, 12:45 AM
I can't see your image of the corgiweres.

This is obviously proof of their incredible talent at stealth (which can fool even cameras), or perhaps they are simply too terrifying for my pitiful human eyes to perceive.

It could possibly be that they are to powerfull for you, can you see this picture?

[CENTER]http://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/corgi-pack-550x412.jpg#geekosystem

BRKNdevil
2014-10-12, 07:37 AM
I can see both and they are adorable. Also, while not super fluffy mechanically, they look pretty balanced

MasterMercury
2016-01-20, 11:14 PM
The Corgiwere are great beings bred by gods to be loyal companions.

However, one day the Corgiwere were disgraced because one of them desecrated the sacred Rug of Reality.

As punishment, the Corgiwere were stripped of their divine power and cast down to the Material plane. Now, the Corgiwere survive as simple farmers and herders, blending in as halflings when they interact with other races.

Every Corgiwere knows of their origin, and dream of one day redeeming their species in the eyes of their creators

MasterMercury
2016-01-20, 11:15 PM
What do you think if this for fluff?

M Placeholder
2016-01-21, 10:35 AM
What do you think if this for fluff?

Nothing about humping an archons leg then? Other than missing out that little detail, its pretty good.

Prince Zahn
2016-01-25, 02:09 PM
This is simply adorable!:smallbiggrin: there are two kinds of Corgi to my knowledge: Pembroke and Cardigan. don't sak me what the difference is but that sounds like an excuse to make subraces:smallwink:

I don't see anything wrong with balance, the concept alone made my day!