PDA

View Full Version : Ring of Greater Counterspells

Max Caysey
2014-10-12, 08:15 AM
I was just wondering, and sorry for my endless stream of questions today, but I was wondering if this ring could be used to counterspell area spells? I was unable to find it, but seem to remember something about this ring being able to hold Mordenkainen's Disjunction, and thus would be able to counter, if the wearer was within the area of an enemy casted disjunction spell.

Could anyone disclose this?

Thanks yall

Cruiser1
2014-10-12, 11:08 AM
I was wondering if this ring could be used to counterspell area spells?
Yes, the Ring of Greater Counterspells (MIC), along with the normal Ring of Counterspells (SRD), both say concerning the spell that's been cast into the ring, "should that spell ever be cast upon you" it's automatically counterspelled. That's vague wording, however since it doesn't explicitly say that the spell has to be targeted upon you, I'd say that yes it does counter area spells that you're within the area of. (Look at the Spell Turning (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/spellTurning.htm) spell for an example of how the wording is when an effect only takes place for spells that actually target you.)

Max Caysey
2014-10-12, 01:41 PM
Thanks...

As an addon question, I was wondering if mordenkainen's disjunktion can be used to counterspell normally, as dispel magic or greater dispel magic can?

atemu1234
2014-10-12, 01:53 PM
Thanks...

As an addon question, I was wondering if mordenkainen's disjunktion can be used to counterspell normally, as dispel magic or greater dispel magic can?

Yes, I think it lists that as a use for the spell.